Zionsville Times Sentinel

Community News Network

March 6, 2014

2 in Indiana sickened after eating contaminated Skittles

Health officials say packages of Original Skittles sold at a convenience store in Richmond, Ind., were contaminated, and two people who ate from a package were hospitalized with symptoms including burning throats, cramping and diarrhea.

According to a news release from the Indiana State Department of Health, the packages contained “unconfirmed chemical substances.” Indianapolis TV station WISH-TV reported a spokesperson said it was unknown if the candy had been tampered with, but laboratory tests, the results of which are due in a few days, should provide more information.

Officials from the Indiana State Police, the Indiana Department of Homeland Security and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration have also joined the investigation, according Cincinnati TV station WLWT.

1
Text Only
Community News Network
Order Times Sentinel photos


Photos from July 2014

Facebook
Twitter Updates
AP Video
US Airlines Cancel Israel Flights Obama Signs Workforce Training Law Crash Victims' Remains Reach Ukraine-held City Diplomatic Push Intensifies to End War in Gaza Obama Offers Condolences at Dutch Embassy Cat Fans Lap Up Feline Film Festival Raw: Lawmakers Scuffle in Ukraine's Parliament The Rock Finds His Inner 'Hercules' Michigan Plant's Goal: Flower and Die Raw: MH17 Passenger Remains in Kharkiv, Ukraine Raw: Israel Hits Gaza Targets, Destroys Mosques ShowBiz Minute: Hoffman, Oberst, Box Office WWII Vet Gets Medals, 70 Years Late Raw: Israel Bombs Multiple Targets in Gaza Veteran Creates Job During High Unemployment Raw: Cargo Craft Undocks From Space Station Widow: Jury Sent Big Tobacco a $23B Message New Orleans Plans to Recycle Cigarette Butts UN Security Council Calls for MH 17 Crash Probe Obama Bestows Medal of Honor on NH Veteran
Hyperlocal Search
Premier Guide
Find a business

Walking Fingers
Maps, Menus, Store hours, Coupons, and more...
Premier Guide