- Boone County's Becks receive Friends of Extension award John and Carolyn Beck of Boone County and the program manager and staff of Shakamak State Park in Greene and Sullivan counties have been chosen as the 2013 Friends of Extension for their longstanding service to 4-H.
- New veterans service officer to be named A successor to Boone County Veterans Service Officer Donnie Campbell will be named in December.
- County due refund for sales tax on natural gas costs Boone County is due a refunds from billing errors for natural gas costs, a natural gas company representative told the Boone County Commissioners Nov. 4. Sara Anderson, representing ProLiance Energy, told the commissioners she would review bills and
- GNC considering distribution center in Anson General Nutrition Centers, an international retailer of nutrition and supplement products, is a prospective tenant for Duke Realty’s Allpoints at Anson, Whitestown. The company operates as GNC Holdings, Inc., with headquarters in Pittsburgh, Penn.
- Property tax bills due by Nov. 12 Property owners in Boone County have until 4 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 12, to pay their fall installment of property taxes, County Treasurer Debbie Ottinger said.
- Head-on crash kills one, injuries two Bailey A. Speer, 23, 760 W. 500 S, Lebanon, was killed and a man seriously injured in a head-on crash at 3:45 p.m. Monday, Oct. 28, on Indiana 39 at CR 250 S.
- Verdict is vindication, Camm lawyer declares David Camm is free for the first time in 13 years of allegations he killed his family, and that, said his attorneys, should be seen as more than a not guilty verdict.
- Community clinic receives federal grant; will apply sliding fee scale A $150,000 three-year grant to help Boone County Community Clinic track the health of its clients has been in limbo pending a solution to the federal budget crisis but now appears to be a certainty.
- Memory Hall gym selling to Lafayette company Lebanon’s iconic Memory Hall was set to have a new owner by Friday, Oct. 18. Ironman Properties of Lafayette is purchasing the building, including the gymnasium. Closing on the agreement was due later in the week, Lebanon Mayor Huck Lewis said at a city council meeting Tuesday,Oct. 15, before the board voted 4-0 to approve sale of the gymnasium.
APC pulls plan for I-65 overlay zoning district
In a move accompanied by audience applause, the Boone County Area Plan Commission voted unanimously during its Wednesday, Oct. 9, meeting to withdraw plans for an Interstate 65 North overlay district.
- More County Headlines