Zionsville Times Sentinel

February 6, 2013

Several crews battle house fire

Staff report
Zionsville Times Sentinel

Zionsville — There were no injuries in an early morning Saturday, Feb. 2, house fire that needed help from crews all around the area to extinguish.

According to a release from the Zionsville Fire Department, Boone County Communications Center received multiple 911 calls at 8:25 a.m. for a house fire at 830 S. U.S. 421, just north of Zionsville Fire Station 92.

Due to Station 92 crews being at another emergency call, crews from Zionsville Station 91 and 93, Lebanon, Center, Perry, Whitestown and Witham medics all responded to the scene.

The release states that part of the large response was also due to the need for tanker trucks to haul water to the scene due to fire hydrants not being available in the area.

According to the release, a police officer was first on the scene and found no one home at the time of the fire.

“The police officer was able to rescue one dog that was in the house,” the release states. “Fire crews arrived to find fire coming through the roof of the residence.”

Crews rescued a second dog from the home.

The release states that the fire was under control by 9:30 a.m.

The cause of the fire has been determined to be accidental caused by faulty wiring in the attic.