- Local News
Sheriff Ken Campbell steps down
Boone County Republican officials today are making arrangements to replace long-time lawman Ken Campbell both as sheriff and as their candidate for the county council's third district. Campbell announced Thursday night that he was retiring amid allegations of misconduct. Chief Deputy Major Mike Nielsen said that Campbell, who is also the president of the Indiana Sheriff's Association, was the target of an investigation by the Hamilton-Boone County Drug Task Force and the FBI. Campbell is alleged to have been involved, for three to four years, with an alleged prostitute, Nielsen said in a press release.
VIDEO: Memorial Plaza dedicated
Jackson Sugar built a memorial plaza at the Zionsville American Legion Post No. 79, which was dedicated Saturday, June 14. Sugar built the plaza at the Legion as part of his Eagle Scout project. The plaza contains 250 engraved bricks, proper lighting to shine on the flags in front of the Legion and a bench for meditation. Sugar, along with World War II veterans Floyd Schultz and E. Carver McGriff, spoke during the ceremony for the dedication and Flag Day. Master of Ceremonies.
- Fire rate issue could be extinguished A disagreement concerning Duke, Whitestown and the county could be resolved, pending county approval. The Whitestown Town Council approved Tuesday night, June 10, an interlocal agreement with the county and the Boone County Redevelopment Commission concerning the Anson fire rate issue.
- Garden tour lauded for diversity The 2014 Gardens of Zionsville Tour Saturday, June 14, received high marks. "Everyone says this is the best one yet," said Marty Morris, who served as a hostess at "Garden No. 2," belonging to Amy Lacy and Barry Hicks at 105 N. Maple St.
- Whitestown preps for construction projects Work will begin on several construction projects around Whitestown in the coming months. The Whitestown Town Council approved Tuesday night, June 10, several contracts related to the realignment of Perry Worth Road, the construction of a waste water treatment plant, and construction of a roundabout at Indianapolis Road and Whitestown Parkway.
- Whitestown purchases church for town hall Three months after deciding to build a new town hall, the Whitestown Town Council has decided to purchase the former Cornerstone Community Church as an interim town hall instead.
- Boone EDC celebrates 25 years The last year has been an inspiring and encouraging one for economic development in Boone County, said Boone County Economic Development Corp. Director Bryan Brackemyre on Thursday, June 12, at the organization’s annual meeting held at Traders Point Christian Church in Whitestown. He anticipates this next year to be even better.
- RDC approves new Lids' purchase agreement After going through more due diligence and negotiations, Lids and the Zionsville Redevelopment Commission have come up with an amended purchase agreement.
- Ford Road bridge bids to be awarded June 24 Three companies have submitted bids to construct a new Ford Road bridge over Eagle Creek in southern Zionsville.
VIDEO: Classics on display at SullivanMunce
Click to watch video from the Garden Classics, one of many events in Zionsville last weekend.
- More Local News Headlines
- Sheriff Ken Campbell steps down