Mildred Applegate, 89, of Zionsville, passed away March 8, 2014. She was born May 20, 1924, in Kings Mountain, Ky., to Eugene and Flossie Ann Falconbury. She retired from Nationwide Insurance after 30 years. Millie loved flowers and gardening and playing hymns on the piano. She was an avid animal lover, especially dogs. She took great pride in sharing about her grandchildren and great-grandchildren. She was very passionate about her family and spending as much time with them as possible. Mildred is survived by her daughters, Barbara Ann Bishop (Jim) and Lisa Jane Applegate; grandson, Michael Scott Yager; granddaughter, Kimberly Ann Hardacre (John); and great-grandchildren, Josiah Hardacre, Abby Hardacre, Anna Hardacre and Joely Hardacre. She was preceded in death by her parents; husband, Robert D. Applegate; daughter, Brenda K. Rydberg Applegate; and brother, Darrell Falconbury. Services will be held at 1 p.m. Friday, March 14, at Zionsville United Methodist Church, 9644 Whitestown Road, with calling at 11 a.m. Burial will follow at Zionsville Cemetery. Memorial contributions in Millie’s honor can be made to Zionsville United Methodist Church. Arrangements are entrusted to Flanner and Buchanan.
- Donovan Oden Donovan C. Oden, 51, of Whitestown, passed away July 18, 2014.
- Robert C. Waite Robert C. Waite, 56, of Zionsville, went to be with the Lord on July 9, 2014.
- Judy Hill Nelson Judy Hill Nelson, 75, of Indianapolis, passed peacefully into heaven at 9 p.m. July 4, 2014, just as the fireworks she loved to watch from a distance were starting to go off.
Alan Paul Gribble passed peacefully at St. Vincent’s Hospice on July 5, 2014, after a long struggle with leukemia.
- Steven Smith Steven P. Smith, 48, of Indianapolis, died June 29, 2014.
- George Lintner George Walter Lintner Jr., 77, Zionsville, passed away July 5, 2014.
- Joseph Jones II Joseph E. Jones II, 65, of Zionsville, passed away on Monday, June 30, in his home.
- Joe T. Alonso Joe T. Alonso, (born Jose Antonio), 87, Zionsville, passed away on June 17, 2014, at the Hearth at Tudor Gardens.
- Julio Cesar Campins Sr. Julio Cesar Campins Sr., 82, of Zionsville, passed away June 16, 2014.
- Hedwig Pinkerton Hedwig H. Pinkerton, 84, of Zionsville, passed away peacefully on June 18, 2014.
- More Obituaries Headlines