Diantha Lynn Oden, of Zionsville, passed away at 8:28 a.m. on March 15, 2014, at Indiana University Simon Cancer Center. She was born Nov. 12, 1952, in Indianapolis, to Keith and Helen Oden, of Zionsville. Lynn was a graduate of Indiana Wesleyan University, where she received her bachelor’s degree in business management. She was an employee in the Oncology Clinical Trials Department at Eli Lilly. Lynn was an amazing piano player, spending many years teaching both children and adults. She had the singing voice of an angel and would often sing with her daughter and sisters. She was always there with a comforting word or hug, or even just to listen if you needed a sounding board. Lynn and her daughter were the best of friends; some would even say soul mates. She touched the lives of all who knew her, each in a special, individual way. She was a daughter, mother, sister, Oma and friend. Lynn will be an angel in Heaven, just as she was here on Earth. She is survived by her mother, Helen Oden; sisters, Bonnie Wilson (Darrel) and Joellen Oden; daughter, Jenn Lutton (Fiance’ Jason Schooler); two grandchildren, Jack Brunty and Max Fults; and nieces and nephews. Lynn was preceded in death by her father, Keith Oden, and her spouse, Charles Gregory Scott. There will be a Celebration of Life for friends and family at 6 p.m. Thursday, March 20, at Cornerstone Christian Church. Sharing of memories will take place at 7 p.m. There will be food and music for all those who would like to help celebrate her life. In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to www.youcaring.com/memorial-fundraiser/honoring-diantha-lynn-oden-/150022. Proceeds will help pay for Lynn’s medical bills/final expenses. Donations can also be made to The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society of Indiana.
- Donovan Oden Donovan C. Oden, 51, of Whitestown, passed away July 18, 2014.
- Robert C. Waite Robert C. Waite, 56, of Zionsville, went to be with the Lord on July 9, 2014.
- Judy Hill Nelson Judy Hill Nelson, 75, of Indianapolis, passed peacefully into heaven at 9 p.m. July 4, 2014, just as the fireworks she loved to watch from a distance were starting to go off.
Alan Paul Gribble passed peacefully at St. Vincent’s Hospice on July 5, 2014, after a long struggle with leukemia.
- Steven Smith Steven P. Smith, 48, of Indianapolis, died June 29, 2014.
- George Lintner George Walter Lintner Jr., 77, Zionsville, passed away July 5, 2014.
- Joseph Jones II Joseph E. Jones II, 65, of Zionsville, passed away on Monday, June 30, in his home.
- Joe T. Alonso Joe T. Alonso, (born Jose Antonio), 87, Zionsville, passed away on June 17, 2014, at the Hearth at Tudor Gardens.
- Julio Cesar Campins Sr. Julio Cesar Campins Sr., 82, of Zionsville, passed away June 16, 2014.
- Hedwig Pinkerton Hedwig H. Pinkerton, 84, of Zionsville, passed away peacefully on June 18, 2014.
- More Obituaries Headlines