Robert Owen “Bob” George, 70, of Zionsville, died May 17, 2013.
He was born July 28, 1942, in Indianapolis, to Robert J. and Virginia M. Landreth George.
Bob was a successful and self-made man. In the late 1960s he started Allied Core Drilling Company, a concrete core drilling business, out of the trunk of his car. With his can-do attitude and quality workmanship, he steadily built his company until his eventual purchase of his competitor in 1976 creating Capital Drilling Company. George continued building on his principles and ideals, making Capital Drilling a successful company of 50 employees and 40 trucks at the time of his retirement in 2001.
He was a graduate of North Central High School; he studied at Purdue University for two years and was a member of IBEW Local No. 481. His work ethic, determination and kindness will be missed by all that knew him.
Survivors include his wife of 42 years, Marilyn Westbrook George; his brother, David L. George; his sister, Susan Warren (Glenn); his aunt, Betty Landreth; his nephew, Benjamin Yarrington (Denise); his niece, Kristy Warren; and two grandnieces.
He is preceded in death by his parents and his sister, Sandra Sue George.
Visitation will be from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Thursday, May 23, at Flanner and Buchanan-Zionsville. Bob will be laid to rest in a private ceremony at Brownsburg Cemetery.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, 941 E. 86th St., Suite 100, Indianapolis, IN 46240.
Online condolences made be made at www.flannerbuchanan.com.
- Margaret “Margie” Cooper Margaret “Margie” L. (Pickett) Cooper, 63, of Zionsville and formerly of Brazil, passed away unexpectedly, Aug. 16, 2014, at St. Vincent Hospital in Indianapolis, surrounded by her family.
- Don Brockett Ansel Don Brockett Ansel, 86, of Zionsville, passed peacefully into the hands of the Lord on Sunday, Aug.10, 2014, with his wife and children at his side.
- Eddie Ames Eddie Ames went to heaven on Aug. 7, 2014.
- Kathryn "Kay" Morris Kathryn "Kay" Morris, of Zionsville, died July 27, 2014, surrounded by her children at her home after a short, yet courageous battle with cancer.
- Mary Bette Lewis Mary Bette Lewis died on Jan. 12, 2014.
- Richard A. Hussung Richard Allen Hussung, age 78, of Whitestown, passed away Aug. 5, 2014.
- Laura J. Smith Laura Jane (Simpson) Smith, 93, of Zionsville, passed away at 7:45 a.m. Monday, July 28, 2014, at Visiting Nurse and Hospice Home in Fort Wayne.
Lewis L. Davis
Lewis Lee Davis, 77, of Zionsville, died at 10:35 a.m. Tuesday, July 15, 2014, at St. Vincent Hospital in Indianapolis.
- Donovan Oden Donovan C. Oden, 51, of Whitestown, passed away July 18, 2014.
- Robert C. Waite Robert C. Waite, 56, of Zionsville, went to be with the Lord on July 9, 2014.
- More Obituaries Headlines