Robert Owen “Bob” George, 70, of Zionsville, died May 17, 2013.
He was born July 28, 1942, in Indianapolis, to Robert J. and Virginia M. Landreth George.
Bob was a successful and self-made man. In the late 1960s he started Allied Core Drilling Company, a concrete core drilling business, out of the trunk of his car. With his can-do attitude and quality workmanship, he steadily built his company until his eventual purchase of his competitor in 1976 creating Capital Drilling Company. George continued building on his principles and ideals, making Capital Drilling a successful company of 50 employees and 40 trucks at the time of his retirement in 2001.
He was a graduate of North Central High School; he studied at Purdue University for two years and was a member of IBEW Local No. 481. His work ethic, determination and kindness will be missed by all that knew him.
Survivors include his wife of 42 years, Marilyn Westbrook George; his brother, David L. George; his sister, Susan Warren (Glenn); his aunt, Betty Landreth; his nephew, Benjamin Yarrington (Denise); his niece, Kristy Warren; and two grandnieces.
He is preceded in death by his parents and his sister, Sandra Sue George.
Visitation will be from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Thursday, May 23, at Flanner and Buchanan-Zionsville. Bob will be laid to rest in a private ceremony at Brownsburg Cemetery.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, 941 E. 86th St., Suite 100, Indianapolis, IN 46240.
Online condolences made be made at www.flannerbuchanan.com.
- Mildred Applegate Mildred Applegate, 89, of Zionsville, passed away March 8, 2014.
- David Andrew Neel David Andrew Neel, 56, passed away on March 7, 2014, at his home in Zionsville.
- Daniel A. Parks Daniel Albert Parks died Thursday, Feb. 27, at St. Vincent Hospital in Indianapolis.
- Sadie M. Updike Sadie Marie Updike was stillborn at Witham Memorial Hospital in Lebanon on Thursday, Feb. 20, 2014. She is the daughter of Kenneth and Rachel Marie (Carter) Updike.
- Stephen D. Knapp Stephen Douglas Knapp, 58, of Paola, Kan., passed away on Friday, Jan. 10, 2014.
- Pamela Sue Humphreys Pamela Sue Humphreys, 44, of Zionsville, passed away Feb. 2, 2014.
- Scott Brown Scott David Brown, 39, of Indianapolis, passed away Feb. 6, 2014, surrounded by his family and friends.
- Chris Bassler Chris Bassler died peacefully on Friday, Jan. 31, surrounded by those she loved.
- Amy Pearce Amy Isenhower Pearce, 59, died Friday, Jan. 31, 2014, at her home in Zionsville, surrounded by her family.
Priscilla “Billie” Downey
Priscilla “Billie” Wheeler Downey, 96, of Zionsville, passed away Jan. 18, 2014.
- More Obituaries Headlines