Robert Owen “Bob” George, 70, of Zionsville, died May 17, 2013.
He was born July 28, 1942, in Indianapolis, to Robert J. and Virginia M. Landreth George.
Bob was a successful and self-made man. In the late 1960s he started Allied Core Drilling Company, a concrete core drilling business, out of the trunk of his car. With his can-do attitude and quality workmanship, he steadily built his company until his eventual purchase of his competitor in 1976 creating Capital Drilling Company. George continued building on his principles and ideals, making Capital Drilling a successful company of 50 employees and 40 trucks at the time of his retirement in 2001.
He was a graduate of North Central High School; he studied at Purdue University for two years and was a member of IBEW Local No. 481. His work ethic, determination and kindness will be missed by all that knew him.
Survivors include his wife of 42 years, Marilyn Westbrook George; his brother, David L. George; his sister, Susan Warren (Glenn); his aunt, Betty Landreth; his nephew, Benjamin Yarrington (Denise); his niece, Kristy Warren; and two grandnieces.
He is preceded in death by his parents and his sister, Sandra Sue George.
Visitation will be from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Thursday, May 23, at Flanner and Buchanan-Zionsville. Bob will be laid to rest in a private ceremony at Brownsburg Cemetery.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, 941 E. 86th St., Suite 100, Indianapolis, IN 46240.
Online condolences made be made at www.flannerbuchanan.com.
- John Reynold Paulsrud John Reynold Paulsrud, 72, died at his home in Zionsville on Nov. 21, 2013, surrounded by family, after a courageous seven-month battle with cancer.
- Bill Holmes William "Bill" Holmes, 75, of Whitestown, passed away on Sunday, Dec. 1, 2013, at St. Vincent Hospice in Indianapolis.
- Glenn van de Sandt Glenn van de Sandt, 89, Zionsville, passed away in his home on Friday, Nov. 29, 2013.
- Anne L. Miller Anne Louise Mills-Miller has gone on to be with the Lord on the evening of Nov. 25, 2013.
- Mary June Willey Mary June Willey, age 89, died Tuesday, Oct. 22, in Zionsville. She was the widow of Carroll Dean Willey. Mary was born Feb. 11, 1924, in Crothersville, to Dorothy (Hughes) and Floyd Baringer. She graduated from Shortridge High School in 1942. She an
- Gary W. Moore Gary W. Moore, 82, of Zionsville, died Oct. 16, 2013.
- Lowell Kilgus Lowell Kilgus, 68, of Arcadia, passed away Oct. 19, 2013.
Stanton W. Smith
Stanton W. Smith passed away peacefully surrounded by his loving family Thursday, Oct. 3, 2013, at age 82.
Ray Stone peacefully left us on Friday, Sept. 27, 2013, at age 88.
Terry William Johnson
Terry William Johnson, 70, of Zionsville, died peacefully Sept. 28, 2013, at IU North Hospital.
- More Obituaries Headlines