David Anthony Durish, 72, of Zionsville, passed away on Jan. 26, 2013, after a brief illness.
He was born March 3, 1940, in Owosso, Mich., to Anthony and Mary (Hromek) Durish.
David served in the U.S. Navy on board the USS Casagrande. He was a graduate of Western Michigan and Indiana Wesleyan Universities. His career in engineering technology/sales included employment at IBM, Digital and Premier Solutions. In his retirement, he enjoyed operating his own landscaping company, LawnServ. Lastly, he was employed by Costco for 10 years.
David very much treasured being an active member of the Zionsville Fellowship Church for 26 years and was ever grateful for the outpouring of friendship and support from his church family. Dave loved traveling, sailing, dirt biking, golfing, gardening and classic cars, especially attending Hot August Nights in Reno, Nev., with his cousin.
Survivors include daughter Dena of Las Vegas, son Doug of Zionsville, and their mother, Donna of Mishawaka. Also surviving are three sisters, Marie (Jim) Stuart of Saginaw, Mich., Charlotte (Terry) Brady of Elk Rapids, Mich., and Paula (Jim) Sharp of Plano Texas; 12 nieces and nephews, 13 great-nieces and nephews and several cousins. Dave was preceded in death by his parents and his brother, Frank.
Visitation will be 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 30, at the Zionsville Fellowship Church, 9090 Indiana 334, with the service immediately following. Memorial contributions can be made to Zionsville Fellowship Church or Wheeler Mission Ministries of Indianapolis, 205 E. New York St., Indianapolis, IN 46204.
Arrangements entrusted to Flanner and Buchanan-Zionsville. Additional information is available at www.flannerbuchanan.com.
- Lewis L. Davis Lewis L. Davis, 77, of Zionsville, died at 10:35 a.m. Tuesday, July 15, 2014, at St. Vincent Hospital in Indianapolis.
- Donovan Oden Donovan C. Oden, 51, of Whitestown, passed away July 18, 2014.
- Robert C. Waite Robert C. Waite, 56, of Zionsville, went to be with the Lord on July 9, 2014.
- Judy Hill Nelson Judy Hill Nelson, 75, of Indianapolis, passed peacefully into heaven at 9 p.m. July 4, 2014, just as the fireworks she loved to watch from a distance were starting to go off.
Alan Paul Gribble passed peacefully at St. Vincent’s Hospice on July 5, 2014, after a long struggle with leukemia.
- Steven Smith Steven P. Smith, 48, of Indianapolis, died June 29, 2014.
- George Lintner George Walter Lintner Jr., 77, Zionsville, passed away July 5, 2014.
- Joseph Jones II Joseph E. Jones II, 65, of Zionsville, passed away on Monday, June 30, in his home.
- Joe T. Alonso Joe T. Alonso, (born Jose Antonio), 87, Zionsville, passed away on June 17, 2014, at the Hearth at Tudor Gardens.
- Julio Cesar Campins Sr. Julio Cesar Campins Sr., 82, of Zionsville, passed away June 16, 2014.
- More Obituaries Headlines