David Anthony Durish, 72, of Zionsville, passed away on Jan. 26, 2013, after a brief illness.
He was born March 3, 1940, in Owosso, Mich., to Anthony and Mary (Hromek) Durish.
David served in the U.S. Navy on board the USS Casagrande. He was a graduate of Western Michigan and Indiana Wesleyan Universities. His career in engineering technology/sales included employment at IBM, Digital and Premier Solutions. In his retirement, he enjoyed operating his own landscaping company, LawnServ. Lastly, he was employed by Costco for 10 years.
David very much treasured being an active member of the Zionsville Fellowship Church for 26 years and was ever grateful for the outpouring of friendship and support from his church family. Dave loved traveling, sailing, dirt biking, golfing, gardening and classic cars, especially attending Hot August Nights in Reno, Nev., with his cousin.
Survivors include daughter Dena of Las Vegas, son Doug of Zionsville, and their mother, Donna of Mishawaka. Also surviving are three sisters, Marie (Jim) Stuart of Saginaw, Mich., Charlotte (Terry) Brady of Elk Rapids, Mich., and Paula (Jim) Sharp of Plano Texas; 12 nieces and nephews, 13 great-nieces and nephews and several cousins. Dave was preceded in death by his parents and his brother, Frank.
Visitation will be 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 30, at the Zionsville Fellowship Church, 9090 Indiana 334, with the service immediately following. Memorial contributions can be made to Zionsville Fellowship Church or Wheeler Mission Ministries of Indianapolis, 205 E. New York St., Indianapolis, IN 46204.
Arrangements entrusted to Flanner and Buchanan-Zionsville. Additional information is available at www.flannerbuchanan.com.
- Daniel A. Parks Daniel Albert Parks died Thursday, Feb. 27, at St. Vincent Hospital in Indianapolis.
- Sadie M. Updike Sadie Marie Updike was stillborn at Witham Memorial Hospital in Lebanon on Thursday, Feb. 20, 2014. She is the daughter of Kenneth and Rachel Marie (Carter) Updike.
- Stephen D. Knapp Stephen Douglas Knapp, 58, of Paola, Kan., passed away on Friday, Jan. 10, 2014.
- Pamela Sue Humphreys Pamela Sue Humphreys, 44, of Zionsville, passed away Feb. 2, 2014.
- Scott Brown Scott David Brown, 39, of Indianapolis, passed away Feb. 6, 2014, surrounded by his family and friends.
- Chris Bassler Chris Bassler died peacefully on Friday, Jan. 31, surrounded by those she loved.
- Amy Pearce Amy Isenhower Pearce, 59, died Friday, Jan. 31, 2014, at her home in Zionsville, surrounded by her family.
Priscilla “Billie” Downey
Priscilla “Billie” Wheeler Downey, 96, of Zionsville, passed away Jan. 18, 2014.
Carrie Michelle Beard, 44, of Lebanon, died Friday, Jan. 17, 2014, at Indiana University Simon Cancer Center in Indianapolis.
Kathy Anne Ellis-Inman, of Zionsville, passed away on Jan. 8, 2014.
- More Obituaries Headlines