Marjorie Bell Roach, 83, of Zionsville, died at 2 a.m. Saturday, March 9, 2013, at St. Vincent Hospice in Indianapolis.
Her family is blessed to know she has gone to the house of the Lord. A devoted wife, mother, grandmother and great-grandmother, she will be loved and missed by all.
Born Aug. 16, 1929, in Vigo County, Marjorie was the daughter of Henry and Eathel E. (Fox) Arthur. Reared and educated in Prairie Creek, Ind., she was a graduate of Prairie Creek High School. On March 26, 1954, in Vigo County, she was married to Lester Daniel Roach, and he survives.
In 1962, Marjorie’s family moved to the Whitestown area, where she was a member of New Hope Christian Church and Whitestown OES # 248. For the past eight years, she had resided in Zionsville. For many years, she worked as a clerical supervisor at Detroit Diesel Allison’s. After retirement, she worked for the National City Bank at both the Whitestown and Zionsville branches for several years. Marjorie was very active in the church choir, VBS, church missions and volunteering for Habitat for Humanity. During the 1980s, she was a past board member of Zionsville Meadows, where she also spent many hours as the activities coordinator.
Survivors include her husband; two daughters, Nancy Tucker and husband, Gordon, of Antwerp, Ohio, and Theresa Artman of Stuart, Fla.; two grandchildren, Crystal Miller and husband, Jeremy, of Waterloo, and Troy Artman and wife, Debby, of Stuart, Fla.; four great-grandchildren; and one brother, Gerald Arthur and wife, Jane, of Petersburg.
In addition to her parents, Marjorie was preceded in death by a brother, Harold Arthur.
A funeral service was held at 2 p.m. Wednesday, March 13, 2013, at Myers Chapel of Memories, 1502 N. Lebanon St., in Lebanon, with Rev. David Bourne officiating. Interment followed at Lincoln Memory Gardens in Boone County.
Preferred memorials are to New Hope Christian Church, 5780 S. 650 E., P.O. Box 68, Whitestown, IN 46075.
Online condolences may be made at myersmortuary.com.
- Gail Meyerhoff Gail Meyerhoff, (nee Ricardi), 78, of Zionsville, passed away Thursday, April 3, 2014.
- Indianapolis Nora R. McDonnell Nora Rita Betchley McDonnell, aged 90, of Indianapolis, formerly of Alpharetta and Woodstock, Ga., passed away peacefully March 30, 2014. Rita was born Nov. 1, 1923, in Flushing, N,Y., to the now late Denis and Mary (Moriarity) Hannifin. After gradu
- Kent A. Morris Zionsville Kent A. Morris Kent A. Morris, 48, of Zionsville, passed away March 4, 2014, at St. Vincent Hospice. He was born in Indianapolis on April 11, 1965, to Glen A. and Lynda K. (Israel) Morris. Kent was a graduate of Ben Davis High School and
- Zionsville Robin L. Buckmaster Mr. Robin L. Buckmaster 61, of Zionsville passed away March 27, 2014. Robin is preceded in death by his father Lloyd S. Buckmaster, son Andy Buckmaster, brothers Charles L. Buckmaster and Jeffrey D. Knox. Robin is a lifelong resident of Zionsville in
- Lynn Oden Diantha Lynn Oden, of Zionsville, passed away at 8:28 a.m. on March 15, 2014, at Indiana University Simon Cancer Center.
- Mildred Applegate Mildred Applegate, 89, of Zionsville, passed away March 8, 2014.
- David Andrew Neel David Andrew Neel, 56, passed away on March 7, 2014, at his home in Zionsville.
- Daniel A. Parks Daniel Albert Parks died Thursday, Feb. 27, at St. Vincent Hospital in Indianapolis.
- Sadie M. Updike Sadie Marie Updike was stillborn at Witham Memorial Hospital in Lebanon on Thursday, Feb. 20, 2014. She is the daughter of Kenneth and Rachel Marie (Carter) Updike.
- Stephen D. Knapp Stephen Douglas Knapp, 58, of Paola, Kan., passed away on Friday, Jan. 10, 2014.
- More Obituaries Headlines