Marjorie Bell Roach, 83, of Zionsville, died at 2 a.m. Saturday, March 9, 2013, at St. Vincent Hospice in Indianapolis.
Her family is blessed to know she has gone to the house of the Lord. A devoted wife, mother, grandmother and great-grandmother, she will be loved and missed by all.
Born Aug. 16, 1929, in Vigo County, Marjorie was the daughter of Henry and Eathel E. (Fox) Arthur. Reared and educated in Prairie Creek, Ind., she was a graduate of Prairie Creek High School. On March 26, 1954, in Vigo County, she was married to Lester Daniel Roach, and he survives.
In 1962, Marjorie’s family moved to the Whitestown area, where she was a member of New Hope Christian Church and Whitestown OES # 248. For the past eight years, she had resided in Zionsville. For many years, she worked as a clerical supervisor at Detroit Diesel Allison’s. After retirement, she worked for the National City Bank at both the Whitestown and Zionsville branches for several years. Marjorie was very active in the church choir, VBS, church missions and volunteering for Habitat for Humanity. During the 1980s, she was a past board member of Zionsville Meadows, where she also spent many hours as the activities coordinator.
Survivors include her husband; two daughters, Nancy Tucker and husband, Gordon, of Antwerp, Ohio, and Theresa Artman of Stuart, Fla.; two grandchildren, Crystal Miller and husband, Jeremy, of Waterloo, and Troy Artman and wife, Debby, of Stuart, Fla.; four great-grandchildren; and one brother, Gerald Arthur and wife, Jane, of Petersburg.
In addition to her parents, Marjorie was preceded in death by a brother, Harold Arthur.
A funeral service was held at 2 p.m. Wednesday, March 13, 2013, at Myers Chapel of Memories, 1502 N. Lebanon St., in Lebanon, with Rev. David Bourne officiating. Interment followed at Lincoln Memory Gardens in Boone County.
Preferred memorials are to New Hope Christian Church, 5780 S. 650 E., P.O. Box 68, Whitestown, IN 46075.
Online condolences may be made at myersmortuary.com.
- Laura J. Smith Laura Jane (Simpson) Smith, 93, of Zionsville, passed away at 7:45 a.m. Monday, July 28, 2014, at Visiting Nurse and Hospice Home in Fort Wayne.
Lewis L. Davis
Lewis Lee Davis, 77, of Zionsville, died at 10:35 a.m. Tuesday, July 15, 2014, at St. Vincent Hospital in Indianapolis.
- Donovan Oden Donovan C. Oden, 51, of Whitestown, passed away July 18, 2014.
- Robert C. Waite Robert C. Waite, 56, of Zionsville, went to be with the Lord on July 9, 2014.
- Judy Hill Nelson Judy Hill Nelson, 75, of Indianapolis, passed peacefully into heaven at 9 p.m. July 4, 2014, just as the fireworks she loved to watch from a distance were starting to go off.
Alan Paul Gribble passed peacefully at St. Vincent’s Hospice on July 5, 2014, after a long struggle with leukemia.
- Steven Smith Steven P. Smith, 48, of Indianapolis, died June 29, 2014.
- George Lintner George Walter Lintner Jr., 77, Zionsville, passed away July 5, 2014.
- Joseph Jones II Joseph E. Jones II, 65, of Zionsville, passed away on Monday, June 30, in his home.
- Joe T. Alonso Joe T. Alonso, (born Jose Antonio), 87, Zionsville, passed away on June 17, 2014, at the Hearth at Tudor Gardens.
- More Obituaries Headlines