Ruth Mary Conarroe McCammon, 92, of Indianapolis, died on Oct. 18, 2012.
Born April 30, 1920, and raised on the farm in Pike Township, Ruth was the daughter of the late Asa & Gladys Conarroe.
She was a lifelong member of Traders Point Christian Church. Mrs. McCammon was a devoted wife, mother, grandmother and great-grandmother. She loved to sew the family’s clothes, follow the kid’s Purdue Marching Band events, never missed a little league game and loved those daily phone calls from the kids. At age 90, Ruth was still enjoying cutting the grass on her riding lawnmower.
She was preceded in death by her husband of 46 years, H. Ellis “Mac” McCammon, and their baby daughter, Myra Jane McCammon.
Survivors include her daughter, Myra Kay (Darrell) Leap of West Lafayette; her son, Bruce (Lisa) McCammon of Indianapolis; her grandson, Kevin (Annette) McCammon of Minooka, Ill.; and her great-grandkids, Sean and Mia McCammon.
Visitation will be from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 24, at Flanner and Buchanan-Zionsville with a service beginning at 1p.m. Burial will follow at Pleasant Hill Cemetery in Pike Township, Marion County, Indiana.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Humane Society of Indianapolis, 7929 N. Michigan Road., Indianapolis, IN 46268 or the All American Band Fund for Excellence C/O Purdue Foundation, 403 West Wood St., West Lafayette, IN 47907 www.purdue.edu/bands/giving/.
Online condolences may be made at www.flannerbuchanan.com.
- Donovan Oden Donovan C. Oden, 51, of Whitestown, passed away July 18, 2014.
- Robert C. Waite Robert C. Waite, 56, of Zionsville, went to be with the Lord on July 9, 2014.
- Judy Hill Nelson Judy Hill Nelson, 75, of Indianapolis, passed peacefully into heaven at 9 p.m. July 4, 2014, just as the fireworks she loved to watch from a distance were starting to go off.
Alan Paul Gribble passed peacefully at St. Vincent’s Hospice on July 5, 2014, after a long struggle with leukemia.
- Steven Smith Steven P. Smith, 48, of Indianapolis, died June 29, 2014.
- George Lintner George Walter Lintner Jr., 77, Zionsville, passed away July 5, 2014.
- Joseph Jones II Joseph E. Jones II, 65, of Zionsville, passed away on Monday, June 30, in his home.
- Joe T. Alonso Joe T. Alonso, (born Jose Antonio), 87, Zionsville, passed away on June 17, 2014, at the Hearth at Tudor Gardens.
- Julio Cesar Campins Sr. Julio Cesar Campins Sr., 82, of Zionsville, passed away June 16, 2014.
- Hedwig Pinkerton Hedwig H. Pinkerton, 84, of Zionsville, passed away peacefully on June 18, 2014.
- More Obituaries Headlines