Ruth Mary Conarroe McCammon, 92, of Indianapolis, died on Oct. 18, 2012.
Born April 30, 1920, and raised on the farm in Pike Township, Ruth was the daughter of the late Asa & Gladys Conarroe.
She was a lifelong member of Traders Point Christian Church. Mrs. McCammon was a devoted wife, mother, grandmother and great-grandmother. She loved to sew the family’s clothes, follow the kid’s Purdue Marching Band events, never missed a little league game and loved those daily phone calls from the kids. At age 90, Ruth was still enjoying cutting the grass on her riding lawnmower.
She was preceded in death by her husband of 46 years, H. Ellis “Mac” McCammon, and their baby daughter, Myra Jane McCammon.
Survivors include her daughter, Myra Kay (Darrell) Leap of West Lafayette; her son, Bruce (Lisa) McCammon of Indianapolis; her grandson, Kevin (Annette) McCammon of Minooka, Ill.; and her great-grandkids, Sean and Mia McCammon.
Visitation will be from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 24, at Flanner and Buchanan-Zionsville with a service beginning at 1p.m. Burial will follow at Pleasant Hill Cemetery in Pike Township, Marion County, Indiana.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Humane Society of Indianapolis, 7929 N. Michigan Road., Indianapolis, IN 46268 or the All American Band Fund for Excellence C/O Purdue Foundation, 403 West Wood St., West Lafayette, IN 47907 www.purdue.edu/bands/giving/.
Online condolences may be made at www.flannerbuchanan.com.
- John Reynold Paulsrud John Reynold Paulsrud, 72, died at his home in Zionsville on Nov. 21, 2013, surrounded by family, after a courageous seven-month battle with cancer.
- Bill Holmes William "Bill" Holmes, 75, of Whitestown, passed away on Sunday, Dec. 1, 2013, at St. Vincent Hospice in Indianapolis.
- Glenn van de Sandt Glenn van de Sandt, 89, Zionsville, passed away in his home on Friday, Nov. 29, 2013.
- Anne L. Miller Anne Louise Mills-Miller has gone on to be with the Lord on the evening of Nov. 25, 2013.
- Mary June Willey Mary June Willey, age 89, died Tuesday, Oct. 22, in Zionsville. She was the widow of Carroll Dean Willey. Mary was born Feb. 11, 1924, in Crothersville, to Dorothy (Hughes) and Floyd Baringer. She graduated from Shortridge High School in 1942. She an
- Gary W. Moore Gary W. Moore, 82, of Zionsville, died Oct. 16, 2013.
- Lowell Kilgus Lowell Kilgus, 68, of Arcadia, passed away Oct. 19, 2013.
Stanton W. Smith
Stanton W. Smith passed away peacefully surrounded by his loving family Thursday, Oct. 3, 2013, at age 82.
Ray Stone peacefully left us on Friday, Sept. 27, 2013, at age 88.
Terry William Johnson
Terry William Johnson, 70, of Zionsville, died peacefully Sept. 28, 2013, at IU North Hospital.
- More Obituaries Headlines