Ruth Mary Conarroe McCammon, 92, of Indianapolis, died on Oct. 18, 2012.
Born April 30, 1920, and raised on the farm in Pike Township, Ruth was the daughter of the late Asa & Gladys Conarroe.
She was a lifelong member of Traders Point Christian Church. Mrs. McCammon was a devoted wife, mother, grandmother and great-grandmother. She loved to sew the family’s clothes, follow the kid’s Purdue Marching Band events, never missed a little league game and loved those daily phone calls from the kids. At age 90, Ruth was still enjoying cutting the grass on her riding lawnmower.
She was preceded in death by her husband of 46 years, H. Ellis “Mac” McCammon, and their baby daughter, Myra Jane McCammon.
Survivors include her daughter, Myra Kay (Darrell) Leap of West Lafayette; her son, Bruce (Lisa) McCammon of Indianapolis; her grandson, Kevin (Annette) McCammon of Minooka, Ill.; and her great-grandkids, Sean and Mia McCammon.
Visitation will be from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 24, at Flanner and Buchanan-Zionsville with a service beginning at 1p.m. Burial will follow at Pleasant Hill Cemetery in Pike Township, Marion County, Indiana.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Humane Society of Indianapolis, 7929 N. Michigan Road., Indianapolis, IN 46268 or the All American Band Fund for Excellence C/O Purdue Foundation, 403 West Wood St., West Lafayette, IN 47907 www.purdue.edu/bands/giving/.
Online condolences may be made at www.flannerbuchanan.com.
- Sara E. Sanderson Sara E. Sanderson died Wednesday, April 16, 2014, at Methodist Hospital, Indianapolis. She was 75.
- Gail Meyerhoff Gail Meyerhoff, (nee Ricardi), 78, of Zionsville, passed away Thursday, April 3, 2014.
- Kent A. Morris Zionsville Kent A. Morris Kent A. Morris, 48, of Zionsville, passed away March 4, 2014, at St. Vincent Hospice. He was born in Indianapolis on April 11, 1965, to Glen A. and Lynda K. (Israel) Morris. Kent was a graduate of Ben Davis High School and
- Zionsville Robin L. Buckmaster Mr. Robin L. Buckmaster 61, of Zionsville passed away March 27, 2014. Robin is preceded in death by his father Lloyd S. Buckmaster, son Andy Buckmaster, brothers Charles L. Buckmaster and Jeffrey D. Knox. Robin is a lifelong resident of Zionsville in
- Lynn Oden Diantha Lynn Oden, of Zionsville, passed away at 8:28 a.m. on March 15, 2014, at Indiana University Simon Cancer Center.
- Mildred Applegate Mildred Applegate, 89, of Zionsville, passed away March 8, 2014.
- David Andrew Neel David Andrew Neel, 56, passed away on March 7, 2014, at his home in Zionsville.
- Daniel A. Parks Daniel Albert Parks died Thursday, Feb. 27, at St. Vincent Hospital in Indianapolis.
- Sadie M. Updike Sadie Marie Updike was stillborn at Witham Memorial Hospital in Lebanon on Thursday, Feb. 20, 2014. She is the daughter of Kenneth and Rachel Marie (Carter) Updike.
- Stephen D. Knapp Stephen Douglas Knapp, 58, of Paola, Kan., passed away on Friday, Jan. 10, 2014.
- More Obituaries Headlines