Ruth Mary Conarroe McCammon, 92, of Indianapolis, died on Oct. 18, 2012.
Born April 30, 1920, and raised on the farm in Pike Township, Ruth was the daughter of the late Asa & Gladys Conarroe.
She was a lifelong member of Traders Point Christian Church. Mrs. McCammon was a devoted wife, mother, grandmother and great-grandmother. She loved to sew the family’s clothes, follow the kid’s Purdue Marching Band events, never missed a little league game and loved those daily phone calls from the kids. At age 90, Ruth was still enjoying cutting the grass on her riding lawnmower.
She was preceded in death by her husband of 46 years, H. Ellis “Mac” McCammon, and their baby daughter, Myra Jane McCammon.
Survivors include her daughter, Myra Kay (Darrell) Leap of West Lafayette; her son, Bruce (Lisa) McCammon of Indianapolis; her grandson, Kevin (Annette) McCammon of Minooka, Ill.; and her great-grandkids, Sean and Mia McCammon.
Visitation will be from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 24, at Flanner and Buchanan-Zionsville with a service beginning at 1p.m. Burial will follow at Pleasant Hill Cemetery in Pike Township, Marion County, Indiana.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Humane Society of Indianapolis, 7929 N. Michigan Road., Indianapolis, IN 46268 or the All American Band Fund for Excellence C/O Purdue Foundation, 403 West Wood St., West Lafayette, IN 47907 www.purdue.edu/bands/giving/.
Online condolences may be made at www.flannerbuchanan.com.
- Margaret “Margie” Cooper Margaret “Margie” L. (Pickett) Cooper, 63, of Zionsville and formerly of Brazil, passed away unexpectedly, Aug. 16, 2014, at St. Vincent Hospital in Indianapolis, surrounded by her family.
- Don Brockett Ansel Don Brockett Ansel, 86, of Zionsville, passed peacefully into the hands of the Lord on Sunday, Aug.10, 2014, with his wife and children at his side.
- Eddie Ames Eddie Ames went to heaven on Aug. 7, 2014.
- Kathryn "Kay" Morris Kathryn "Kay" Morris, of Zionsville, died July 27, 2014, surrounded by her children at her home after a short, yet courageous battle with cancer.
- Mary Bette Lewis Mary Bette Lewis died on Jan. 12, 2014.
- Richard A. Hussung Richard Allen Hussung, age 78, of Whitestown, passed away Aug. 5, 2014.
- Laura J. Smith Laura Jane (Simpson) Smith, 93, of Zionsville, passed away at 7:45 a.m. Monday, July 28, 2014, at Visiting Nurse and Hospice Home in Fort Wayne.
Lewis L. Davis
Lewis Lee Davis, 77, of Zionsville, died at 10:35 a.m. Tuesday, July 15, 2014, at St. Vincent Hospital in Indianapolis.
- Donovan Oden Donovan C. Oden, 51, of Whitestown, passed away July 18, 2014.
- Robert C. Waite Robert C. Waite, 56, of Zionsville, went to be with the Lord on July 9, 2014.
- More Obituaries Headlines