Zionsville Robert Humphrey Sr. Robert Humphrey Sr. went to our Lord on Monday, Aug. 12, 2013, after a long and full life. He was born to Homer and Mattie Humphrey on May 2, 1925, in Smithville, Ind. The youngest of 10, Bob followed his five older brothers into the service in World War II as a radioman in the U.S. Navy, stationed in the South Pacific. After the war he returned to the Bloomington area and continued his education at Indiana University. After graduating from IU, he moved to Indianapolis where he spent his entire career with the Indiana State Board of Health. On Aug. 16, 1952, Bob married Margaret Kay Bridge, who preceded him in death on March 15, 2000. A devoted family man, he and Kay had four children: Ryan, Kim, B.J. and Mark; 11 grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren. He is also survived by several nieces and nephews. Both Bob and Margaret were actively involved in the Zionsville community and supported the kids in any and all endeavors and activities. Bob’s involvement in the Zionsville Methodist Church started in 1954 when he and Kay moved to Zionsville. He also took an active leadership role in the Jaycees, the Zionsville police board, Boy Scouts, and Habitat for Humanity. He and Kay would spend Thanksgiving mornings at Mozel Sanders’ Foundation delivering meals in the inner city. Bob and Kay were involved in ZUMC mission work that included Roberts Park, Fletcher Place and the Julian Center. They made multiple work trips to McAllen, Texas; Red Bird Mission, Ky.; and the McCurdy Mission School in New Mexico. Bob was a Master Mason in the Charles Frank Lodge in Zionsville. A memorial service was Aug. 18, at the Zionsville United Methodist Church, preceded by visitation. Contributions may be made to the Bob and Kay Humphrey Youth Mission Scholarship Fund at the Zionsville United Methodist Church, 9644 Whitestown Road, Zionsville, IN 46077.
- John Reynold Paulsrud John Reynold Paulsrud, 72, died at his home in Zionsville on Nov. 21, 2013, surrounded by family, after a courageous seven-month battle with cancer.
- Bill Holmes William "Bill" Holmes, 75, of Whitestown, passed away on Sunday, Dec. 1, 2013, at St. Vincent Hospice in Indianapolis.
- Glenn van de Sandt Glenn van de Sandt, 89, Zionsville, passed away in his home on Friday, Nov. 29, 2013.
- Anne L. Miller Anne Louise Mills-Miller has gone on to be with the Lord on the evening of Nov. 25, 2013.
- Mary June Willey Mary June Willey, age 89, died Tuesday, Oct. 22, in Zionsville. She was the widow of Carroll Dean Willey. Mary was born Feb. 11, 1924, in Crothersville, to Dorothy (Hughes) and Floyd Baringer. She graduated from Shortridge High School in 1942. She an
- Gary W. Moore Gary W. Moore, 82, of Zionsville, died Oct. 16, 2013.
- Lowell Kilgus Lowell Kilgus, 68, of Arcadia, passed away Oct. 19, 2013.
Stanton W. Smith
Stanton W. Smith passed away peacefully surrounded by his loving family Thursday, Oct. 3, 2013, at age 82.
Ray Stone peacefully left us on Friday, Sept. 27, 2013, at age 88.
Terry William Johnson
Terry William Johnson, 70, of Zionsville, died peacefully Sept. 28, 2013, at IU North Hospital.
- More Obituaries Headlines