Zionsville Robert Humphrey Sr. Robert Humphrey Sr. went to our Lord on Monday, Aug. 12, 2013, after a long and full life. He was born to Homer and Mattie Humphrey on May 2, 1925, in Smithville, Ind. The youngest of 10, Bob followed his five older brothers into the service in World War II as a radioman in the U.S. Navy, stationed in the South Pacific. After the war he returned to the Bloomington area and continued his education at Indiana University. After graduating from IU, he moved to Indianapolis where he spent his entire career with the Indiana State Board of Health. On Aug. 16, 1952, Bob married Margaret Kay Bridge, who preceded him in death on March 15, 2000. A devoted family man, he and Kay had four children: Ryan, Kim, B.J. and Mark; 11 grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren. He is also survived by several nieces and nephews. Both Bob and Margaret were actively involved in the Zionsville community and supported the kids in any and all endeavors and activities. Bob’s involvement in the Zionsville Methodist Church started in 1954 when he and Kay moved to Zionsville. He also took an active leadership role in the Jaycees, the Zionsville police board, Boy Scouts, and Habitat for Humanity. He and Kay would spend Thanksgiving mornings at Mozel Sanders’ Foundation delivering meals in the inner city. Bob and Kay were involved in ZUMC mission work that included Roberts Park, Fletcher Place and the Julian Center. They made multiple work trips to McAllen, Texas; Red Bird Mission, Ky.; and the McCurdy Mission School in New Mexico. Bob was a Master Mason in the Charles Frank Lodge in Zionsville. A memorial service was Aug. 18, at the Zionsville United Methodist Church, preceded by visitation. Contributions may be made to the Bob and Kay Humphrey Youth Mission Scholarship Fund at the Zionsville United Methodist Church, 9644 Whitestown Road, Zionsville, IN 46077.
Sara E. Sanderson
Sara E. Sanderson died Wednesday, April 16, 2014, at Methodist Hospital, Indianapolis. She was 75.
- Gail Meyerhoff Gail Meyerhoff, (nee Ricardi), 78, of Zionsville, passed away Thursday, April 3, 2014.
- Kent A. Morris Zionsville Kent A. Morris Kent A. Morris, 48, of Zionsville, passed away March 4, 2014, at St. Vincent Hospice. He was born in Indianapolis on April 11, 1965, to Glen A. and Lynda K. (Israel) Morris. Kent was a graduate of Ben Davis High School and
- Zionsville Robin L. Buckmaster Mr. Robin L. Buckmaster 61, of Zionsville passed away March 27, 2014. Robin is preceded in death by his father Lloyd S. Buckmaster, son Andy Buckmaster, brothers Charles L. Buckmaster and Jeffrey D. Knox. Robin is a lifelong resident of Zionsville in
- Lynn Oden Diantha Lynn Oden, of Zionsville, passed away at 8:28 a.m. on March 15, 2014, at Indiana University Simon Cancer Center.
- Mildred Applegate Mildred Applegate, 89, of Zionsville, passed away March 8, 2014.
- David Andrew Neel David Andrew Neel, 56, passed away on March 7, 2014, at his home in Zionsville.
- Daniel A. Parks Daniel Albert Parks died Thursday, Feb. 27, at St. Vincent Hospital in Indianapolis.
- Sadie M. Updike Sadie Marie Updike was stillborn at Witham Memorial Hospital in Lebanon on Thursday, Feb. 20, 2014. She is the daughter of Kenneth and Rachel Marie (Carter) Updike.
- Stephen D. Knapp Stephen Douglas Knapp, 58, of Paola, Kan., passed away on Friday, Jan. 10, 2014.
- More Obituaries Headlines
- Sara E. Sanderson