Zionsville Robert Humphrey Sr. Robert Humphrey Sr. went to our Lord on Monday, Aug. 12, 2013, after a long and full life. He was born to Homer and Mattie Humphrey on May 2, 1925, in Smithville, Ind. The youngest of 10, Bob followed his five older brothers into the service in World War II as a radioman in the U.S. Navy, stationed in the South Pacific. After the war he returned to the Bloomington area and continued his education at Indiana University. After graduating from IU, he moved to Indianapolis where he spent his entire career with the Indiana State Board of Health. On Aug. 16, 1952, Bob married Margaret Kay Bridge, who preceded him in death on March 15, 2000. A devoted family man, he and Kay had four children: Ryan, Kim, B.J. and Mark; 11 grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren. He is also survived by several nieces and nephews. Both Bob and Margaret were actively involved in the Zionsville community and supported the kids in any and all endeavors and activities. Bob’s involvement in the Zionsville Methodist Church started in 1954 when he and Kay moved to Zionsville. He also took an active leadership role in the Jaycees, the Zionsville police board, Boy Scouts, and Habitat for Humanity. He and Kay would spend Thanksgiving mornings at Mozel Sanders’ Foundation delivering meals in the inner city. Bob and Kay were involved in ZUMC mission work that included Roberts Park, Fletcher Place and the Julian Center. They made multiple work trips to McAllen, Texas; Red Bird Mission, Ky.; and the McCurdy Mission School in New Mexico. Bob was a Master Mason in the Charles Frank Lodge in Zionsville. A memorial service was Aug. 18, at the Zionsville United Methodist Church, preceded by visitation. Contributions may be made to the Bob and Kay Humphrey Youth Mission Scholarship Fund at the Zionsville United Methodist Church, 9644 Whitestown Road, Zionsville, IN 46077.
- Daniel A. Parks Daniel Albert Parks died Thursday, Feb. 27, at St. Vincent Hospital in Indianapolis.
- Sadie M. Updike Sadie Marie Updike was stillborn at Witham Memorial Hospital in Lebanon on Thursday, Feb. 20, 2014. She is the daughter of Kenneth and Rachel Marie (Carter) Updike.
- Stephen D. Knapp Stephen Douglas Knapp, 58, of Paola, Kan., passed away on Friday, Jan. 10, 2014.
- Pamela Sue Humphreys Pamela Sue Humphreys, 44, of Zionsville, passed away Feb. 2, 2014.
- Scott Brown Scott David Brown, 39, of Indianapolis, passed away Feb. 6, 2014, surrounded by his family and friends.
- Chris Bassler Chris Bassler died peacefully on Friday, Jan. 31, surrounded by those she loved.
- Amy Pearce Amy Isenhower Pearce, 59, died Friday, Jan. 31, 2014, at her home in Zionsville, surrounded by her family.
Priscilla “Billie” Downey
Priscilla “Billie” Wheeler Downey, 96, of Zionsville, passed away Jan. 18, 2014.
Carrie Michelle Beard, 44, of Lebanon, died Friday, Jan. 17, 2014, at Indiana University Simon Cancer Center in Indianapolis.
Kathy Anne Ellis-Inman, of Zionsville, passed away on Jan. 8, 2014.
- More Obituaries Headlines