Maude Marguerite Smith (Frank), 85, of Zionsville, entered into heaven on July 15, 2013, from Phoenix, Ariz. Maude was born Nov. 27,1927, in Zionsville, to George H. Frank, stationmaster for New York Central Railroad, and Ann E. (Forman) Frank. She was united in marriage with Bernard Smith, the love of her life, on Jan. 17, 1946. Maude is survived by her son, Dr. Michael L. Smith (Beth), Zionsville; daughter, Diana K. Hightshue (Joe), Phoenix; eight grandchildren, Adrienne Nemeth, Justin Hightshue, Liz Walters (Dr. Brent), Dr. Ryan, Dr. Colin, and Brandon Smith, Alex and George Higgins; and nine great-grandchildren. Her husband; her parents; her daughter, Kathy A. Pylat; sisters, Martha Hunt, Georgia Lee Kamm and Nina Rogers preceded her in death. Calling was Tuesday, Aug. 20, at Flanner and Buchanan Mortuary, Zionsville. A graveside service followed at Zionsville Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to: Kathy A. Pylat Scholarship Fund, c/o Community Foundation of Howard County, 215 W. Sycamore St., Kokomo, IN 46901; or www.cfhoward.org.
- Daniel A. Parks Daniel Albert Parks died Thursday, Feb. 27, at St. Vincent Hospital in Indianapolis.
- Sadie M. Updike Sadie Marie Updike was stillborn at Witham Memorial Hospital in Lebanon on Thursday, Feb. 20, 2014. She is the daughter of Kenneth and Rachel Marie (Carter) Updike.
- Stephen D. Knapp Stephen Douglas Knapp, 58, of Paola, Kan., passed away on Friday, Jan. 10, 2014.
- Pamela Sue Humphreys Pamela Sue Humphreys, 44, of Zionsville, passed away Feb. 2, 2014.
- Scott Brown Scott David Brown, 39, of Indianapolis, passed away Feb. 6, 2014, surrounded by his family and friends.
- Chris Bassler Chris Bassler died peacefully on Friday, Jan. 31, surrounded by those she loved.
- Amy Pearce Amy Isenhower Pearce, 59, died Friday, Jan. 31, 2014, at her home in Zionsville, surrounded by her family.
Priscilla “Billie” Downey
Priscilla “Billie” Wheeler Downey, 96, of Zionsville, passed away Jan. 18, 2014.
Carrie Michelle Beard, 44, of Lebanon, died Friday, Jan. 17, 2014, at Indiana University Simon Cancer Center in Indianapolis.
Kathy Anne Ellis-Inman, of Zionsville, passed away on Jan. 8, 2014.
- More Obituaries Headlines