Gerald B. “Gerry” Spranger, 68, of Zionsville, passed away May 18, 2013, from brain cancer.
Gerry was born April 15, 1945, in Peru, Ind., to William and Reva Henry Spranger.
Gerald worked as a communications specialist for Panhandle Eastern Pipe Line Company for more than 35 years and more recently mowed greens at Zionsville Golf Club alongside his wonderful friends. He was an avid golfer and shared his passion for the game with many lifelong golfing buddies. Gerald enjoyed taking his grandchildren skiing and tubing on Lake Wawasee, playing kickball with the family and taking his granddaughters on dates. He relentlessly sought to develop golfers of his daughters and grandchildren. Gerald was also a longtime member of Zionsville United Methodist Church.
He is survived by his wife of 47 years, Mary Ann; daughters, Kim Whitlock and her husband Scott, and Trisha Barnowski and her husband, Carl. Also surviving are his five grandchildren, Jessica and Jack Whitlock, and Kayla, Kyle and Will Barnowski; and his twin brother and sister-in-law, Harold and Lee Ann Spranger. Gerald will be greatly missed by the people he loved.
He is preceded in death by his parents.
Visitation will be from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Thursday, May 23, at Zionsville United Methodist Church, 9644 Whitestown Road, with a memorial celebration beginning at 3 p.m. There will be additional visitation following the service until 5 p.m.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Zionsville United Methodist Church, PO Box 547, Zionsville, IN 46077.
Arrangements have been entrusted to Flanner and Buchanan-Zionsville. Online condolences can be made at www.flannerbuchanan.com.
A special thank you to the many friends and family who supported Gerald and the Spranger family with their prayers, cards and visits over the last month.
- Mildred Applegate Mildred Applegate, 89, of Zionsville, passed away March 8, 2014.
- David Andrew Neel David Andrew Neel, 56, passed away on March 7, 2014, at his home in Zionsville.
- Daniel A. Parks Daniel Albert Parks died Thursday, Feb. 27, at St. Vincent Hospital in Indianapolis.
- Sadie M. Updike Sadie Marie Updike was stillborn at Witham Memorial Hospital in Lebanon on Thursday, Feb. 20, 2014. She is the daughter of Kenneth and Rachel Marie (Carter) Updike.
- Stephen D. Knapp Stephen Douglas Knapp, 58, of Paola, Kan., passed away on Friday, Jan. 10, 2014.
- Pamela Sue Humphreys Pamela Sue Humphreys, 44, of Zionsville, passed away Feb. 2, 2014.
- Scott Brown Scott David Brown, 39, of Indianapolis, passed away Feb. 6, 2014, surrounded by his family and friends.
- Chris Bassler Chris Bassler died peacefully on Friday, Jan. 31, surrounded by those she loved.
- Amy Pearce Amy Isenhower Pearce, 59, died Friday, Jan. 31, 2014, at her home in Zionsville, surrounded by her family.
Priscilla “Billie” Downey
Priscilla “Billie” Wheeler Downey, 96, of Zionsville, passed away Jan. 18, 2014.
- More Obituaries Headlines