Gerald B. “Gerry” Spranger, 68, of Zionsville, passed away May 18, 2013, from brain cancer.
Gerry was born April 15, 1945, in Peru, Ind., to William and Reva Henry Spranger.
Gerald worked as a communications specialist for Panhandle Eastern Pipe Line Company for more than 35 years and more recently mowed greens at Zionsville Golf Club alongside his wonderful friends. He was an avid golfer and shared his passion for the game with many lifelong golfing buddies. Gerald enjoyed taking his grandchildren skiing and tubing on Lake Wawasee, playing kickball with the family and taking his granddaughters on dates. He relentlessly sought to develop golfers of his daughters and grandchildren. Gerald was also a longtime member of Zionsville United Methodist Church.
He is survived by his wife of 47 years, Mary Ann; daughters, Kim Whitlock and her husband Scott, and Trisha Barnowski and her husband, Carl. Also surviving are his five grandchildren, Jessica and Jack Whitlock, and Kayla, Kyle and Will Barnowski; and his twin brother and sister-in-law, Harold and Lee Ann Spranger. Gerald will be greatly missed by the people he loved.
He is preceded in death by his parents.
Visitation will be from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Thursday, May 23, at Zionsville United Methodist Church, 9644 Whitestown Road, with a memorial celebration beginning at 3 p.m. There will be additional visitation following the service until 5 p.m.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Zionsville United Methodist Church, PO Box 547, Zionsville, IN 46077.
Arrangements have been entrusted to Flanner and Buchanan-Zionsville. Online condolences can be made at www.flannerbuchanan.com.
A special thank you to the many friends and family who supported Gerald and the Spranger family with their prayers, cards and visits over the last month.
- Bill Holmes William "Bill" Holmes, 75, of Whitestown, passed away on Sunday, Dec. 1, 2013, at St. Vincent Hospice in Indianapolis.
- Glenn van de Sandt Glenn van de Sandt, 89, Zionsville, passed away in his home on Friday, Nov. 29, 2013.
- Anne L. Miller Anne Louise Mills-Miller has gone on to be with the Lord on the evening of Nov. 25, 2013.
- Mary June Willey Mary June Willey, age 89, died Tuesday, Oct. 22, in Zionsville. She was the widow of Carroll Dean Willey. Mary was born Feb. 11, 1924, in Crothersville, to Dorothy (Hughes) and Floyd Baringer. She graduated from Shortridge High School in 1942. She an
- Gary W. Moore Gary W. Moore, 82, of Zionsville, died Oct. 16, 2013.
- Lowell Kilgus Lowell Kilgus, 68, of Arcadia, passed away Oct. 19, 2013.
Stanton W. Smith
Stanton W. Smith passed away peacefully surrounded by his loving family Thursday, Oct. 3, 2013, at age 82.
Ray Stone peacefully left us on Friday, Sept. 27, 2013, at age 88.
Terry William Johnson
Terry William Johnson, 70, of Zionsville, died peacefully Sept. 28, 2013, at IU North Hospital.
William Howard Bedell
William Howard Bedell, 92, Lebanon, went to dance with Mom on Sept. 21, 2013, while resting peacefully at Zionsville Meadows.
- More Obituaries Headlines