Gerald B. “Gerry” Spranger, 68, of Zionsville, passed away May 18, 2013, from brain cancer.
Gerry was born April 15, 1945, in Peru, Ind., to William and Reva Henry Spranger.
Gerald worked as a communications specialist for Panhandle Eastern Pipe Line Company for more than 35 years and more recently mowed greens at Zionsville Golf Club alongside his wonderful friends. He was an avid golfer and shared his passion for the game with many lifelong golfing buddies. Gerald enjoyed taking his grandchildren skiing and tubing on Lake Wawasee, playing kickball with the family and taking his granddaughters on dates. He relentlessly sought to develop golfers of his daughters and grandchildren. Gerald was also a longtime member of Zionsville United Methodist Church.
He is survived by his wife of 47 years, Mary Ann; daughters, Kim Whitlock and her husband Scott, and Trisha Barnowski and her husband, Carl. Also surviving are his five grandchildren, Jessica and Jack Whitlock, and Kayla, Kyle and Will Barnowski; and his twin brother and sister-in-law, Harold and Lee Ann Spranger. Gerald will be greatly missed by the people he loved.
He is preceded in death by his parents.
Visitation will be from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Thursday, May 23, at Zionsville United Methodist Church, 9644 Whitestown Road, with a memorial celebration beginning at 3 p.m. There will be additional visitation following the service until 5 p.m.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Zionsville United Methodist Church, PO Box 547, Zionsville, IN 46077.
Arrangements have been entrusted to Flanner and Buchanan-Zionsville. Online condolences can be made at www.flannerbuchanan.com.
A special thank you to the many friends and family who supported Gerald and the Spranger family with their prayers, cards and visits over the last month.
- Lewis L. Davis Lewis L. Davis, 77, of Zionsville, died at 10:35 a.m. Tuesday, July 15, 2014, at St. Vincent Hospital in Indianapolis.
- Donovan Oden Donovan C. Oden, 51, of Whitestown, passed away July 18, 2014.
- Robert C. Waite Robert C. Waite, 56, of Zionsville, went to be with the Lord on July 9, 2014.
- Judy Hill Nelson Judy Hill Nelson, 75, of Indianapolis, passed peacefully into heaven at 9 p.m. July 4, 2014, just as the fireworks she loved to watch from a distance were starting to go off.
Alan Paul Gribble passed peacefully at St. Vincent’s Hospice on July 5, 2014, after a long struggle with leukemia.
- Steven Smith Steven P. Smith, 48, of Indianapolis, died June 29, 2014.
- George Lintner George Walter Lintner Jr., 77, Zionsville, passed away July 5, 2014.
- Joseph Jones II Joseph E. Jones II, 65, of Zionsville, passed away on Monday, June 30, in his home.
- Joe T. Alonso Joe T. Alonso, (born Jose Antonio), 87, Zionsville, passed away on June 17, 2014, at the Hearth at Tudor Gardens.
- Julio Cesar Campins Sr. Julio Cesar Campins Sr., 82, of Zionsville, passed away June 16, 2014.
- More Obituaries Headlines