Gerald B. “Gerry” Spranger, 68, of Zionsville, passed away May 18, 2013, from brain cancer.
Gerry was born April 15, 1945, in Peru, Ind., to William and Reva Henry Spranger.
Gerald worked as a communications specialist for Panhandle Eastern Pipe Line Company for more than 35 years and more recently mowed greens at Zionsville Golf Club alongside his wonderful friends. He was an avid golfer and shared his passion for the game with many lifelong golfing buddies. Gerald enjoyed taking his grandchildren skiing and tubing on Lake Wawasee, playing kickball with the family and taking his granddaughters on dates. He relentlessly sought to develop golfers of his daughters and grandchildren. Gerald was also a longtime member of Zionsville United Methodist Church.
He is survived by his wife of 47 years, Mary Ann; daughters, Kim Whitlock and her husband Scott, and Trisha Barnowski and her husband, Carl. Also surviving are his five grandchildren, Jessica and Jack Whitlock, and Kayla, Kyle and Will Barnowski; and his twin brother and sister-in-law, Harold and Lee Ann Spranger. Gerald will be greatly missed by the people he loved.
He is preceded in death by his parents.
Visitation will be from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Thursday, May 23, at Zionsville United Methodist Church, 9644 Whitestown Road, with a memorial celebration beginning at 3 p.m. There will be additional visitation following the service until 5 p.m.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Zionsville United Methodist Church, PO Box 547, Zionsville, IN 46077.
Arrangements have been entrusted to Flanner and Buchanan-Zionsville. Online condolences can be made at www.flannerbuchanan.com.
A special thank you to the many friends and family who supported Gerald and the Spranger family with their prayers, cards and visits over the last month.
- Margaret “Margie” Cooper Margaret “Margie” L. (Pickett) Cooper, 63, of Zionsville and formerly of Brazil, passed away unexpectedly, Aug. 16, 2014, at St. Vincent Hospital in Indianapolis, surrounded by her family.
- Don Brockett Ansel Don Brockett Ansel, 86, of Zionsville, passed peacefully into the hands of the Lord on Sunday, Aug.10, 2014, with his wife and children at his side.
- Eddie Ames Eddie Ames went to heaven on Aug. 7, 2014.
- Kathryn "Kay" Morris Kathryn "Kay" Morris, of Zionsville, died July 27, 2014, surrounded by her children at her home after a short, yet courageous battle with cancer.
- Mary Bette Lewis Mary Bette Lewis died on Jan. 12, 2014.
- Richard A. Hussung Richard Allen Hussung, age 78, of Whitestown, passed away Aug. 5, 2014.
- Laura J. Smith Laura Jane (Simpson) Smith, 93, of Zionsville, passed away at 7:45 a.m. Monday, July 28, 2014, at Visiting Nurse and Hospice Home in Fort Wayne.
Lewis L. Davis
Lewis Lee Davis, 77, of Zionsville, died at 10:35 a.m. Tuesday, July 15, 2014, at St. Vincent Hospital in Indianapolis.
- Donovan Oden Donovan C. Oden, 51, of Whitestown, passed away July 18, 2014.
- Robert C. Waite Robert C. Waite, 56, of Zionsville, went to be with the Lord on July 9, 2014.
- More Obituaries Headlines