On Sunday, Sept. 8, our Lord God called Dorothy Evelyn Carpenter Pock, age 97, home to be with the love of her life, Andy, deceased Dec. 9, 1968. A proud lady, devoted wife, nurturing mother, compassionate grandmother, and gracious friend all describe her best. She was born on May 9, 1916, in Rush County, to William W. Carpenter and Mary Emma Patterson Carpenter. Her siblings were William A. Carpenter, James E. Carpenter (deceased), Ruth VanNatta and Norma Jean "Jackie" Lower. Dorothy graduated from New Salem High School and, soon after, she graduated from Central Business College and attended Indiana University for two years. She later went on to work as the administrative secretary at the IU School of Nursing from 1968 to 1990, at which time she retired. A resident of Zionsville since 1946, Dorothy was especially remembered for her many years as the past president of the Alpha Lambda Chapter Psi Iota Xi, Zionsville Women's Club, Better Home & Hobbies, and Home Builders. She was a member of the Zionsville United Methodist Church, where she taught Sunday school for 15 years. Along with her past club position, Dorothy was very active in the Community Service Band and 4-H. She had a love for basketball and frequently attended Butler University games, her husband's alma mater. She often spread her joy and comfort with her radiant smile and down-home cooking. Dorothy leaves behind two children, Sarah A. Pock and Bill A. Pock; four grandchildren, Erika (James) Terrell, Jessi Pock, Ryan (Kim) Lee, and Nick Lee; and four great-grandchildren, Christian Terrell, James Terrell, Patrick Pock, and Levi Pock. Relatives and friends are welcome to pay tribute at her viewing and/or funeral service held at Flanner & Buchanan, 105 W. Pine St., Zionsville. Viewing will be from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Wednesday, Sept 12. The funeral service will be at 11 a.m. Thursday, Sept 13, followed by burial at Zionsville Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions are welcome at Hooverwood Nursing Home, 7001 Hoover Rd., Indianapolis, IN 46260. The family wishes to extend their gratitude to the staff at Hooverwood for their care and compassion shown to Dorothy in her final days.
Sara E. Sanderson
Sara E. Sanderson died Wednesday, April 16, 2014, at Methodist Hospital, Indianapolis. She was 75.
- Gail Meyerhoff Gail Meyerhoff, (nee Ricardi), 78, of Zionsville, passed away Thursday, April 3, 2014.
- Kent A. Morris Zionsville Kent A. Morris Kent A. Morris, 48, of Zionsville, passed away March 4, 2014, at St. Vincent Hospice. He was born in Indianapolis on April 11, 1965, to Glen A. and Lynda K. (Israel) Morris. Kent was a graduate of Ben Davis High School and
- Zionsville Robin L. Buckmaster Mr. Robin L. Buckmaster 61, of Zionsville passed away March 27, 2014. Robin is preceded in death by his father Lloyd S. Buckmaster, son Andy Buckmaster, brothers Charles L. Buckmaster and Jeffrey D. Knox. Robin is a lifelong resident of Zionsville in
- Lynn Oden Diantha Lynn Oden, of Zionsville, passed away at 8:28 a.m. on March 15, 2014, at Indiana University Simon Cancer Center.
- Mildred Applegate Mildred Applegate, 89, of Zionsville, passed away March 8, 2014.
- David Andrew Neel David Andrew Neel, 56, passed away on March 7, 2014, at his home in Zionsville.
- Daniel A. Parks Daniel Albert Parks died Thursday, Feb. 27, at St. Vincent Hospital in Indianapolis.
- Sadie M. Updike Sadie Marie Updike was stillborn at Witham Memorial Hospital in Lebanon on Thursday, Feb. 20, 2014. She is the daughter of Kenneth and Rachel Marie (Carter) Updike.
- Stephen D. Knapp Stephen Douglas Knapp, 58, of Paola, Kan., passed away on Friday, Jan. 10, 2014.
- More Obituaries Headlines
- Sara E. Sanderson