Corinne Ruth Breese, 85, of Zionsville, died June 13, 2013. Corinne was born Feb. 7, 1928 in Cincinnati, Ohio, to the now late Corinne and Lewis Sadler; they preceded her in death as did her beloved husband Patrick A. Breese; son-in-law Ronald H. Templin; brothers Alvin and Robert Sadler; brothers-in-law William R. Turner, Chester L. Gray and Donald Ratkovich; and sister-in-law Veda Gray.
She graduated from Hughes High School and attended the University of Cincinnati, where she was an active member of the Tri-Delt sorority.
A beloved mother to Patty (Jim) Thurgood, Corinne Templin and Terry (Steve) Robinson, “Grammy” (as she was known to her family) will be deeply missed by her grandchildren Angela (Chris) Schwartz, Patrick (Pam) Templin, Corinne Markle, Joseph (Katie) Culp, Jeremy (Jessica) Thurgood and Charles (Andrea) Robinson. She delighted in her great-grandchildren Alec and Ryan Schwartz; Rilee, Colton and Lindsee Templin; Matt and Victoria Markle; Jameson and Anna Culp and amazed everyone by always remembering everyone’s birthdays with a card and a gift. She would have welcomed two additional (Thurgood) great-grandchildren later this year.
She is also survived by her sister Gerry Ratkovich, sister-in-laws Letitia Turner, Ruby Sadler and Donna Sadler.
Corinne was a treasure to her family, wide circle of friends and to the community. She lived in Zionsville for most of her adult life and lent her enthusiasm and artist’s eye to many community organizations over the course of her life, including the Women’s Club of Zionsville, Psi Iota Xi, Sullivan Munce Museum, and Garden Club.
She was most at home in the garden, and the legacy of her beautiful gardens can be found throughout Zionsville in the yards of her former homes.
Corinne will be forever cherished and always remembered as a loving and wonderful wife, mother, sister, mother-in-law, grandmother, great-grandmother and friend. Her family is comforted by the knowledge that she lived a wonderful life and is now tending His gardens in Heaven.
A Celebration of Life will be held in her honor on Friday June 28, 2013 from 4 to 8 p.m. at Flanner & Buchanan in Zionsville. The burial will take place June 29, 2013 at Venice Cemetery in Ross, Ohio at 11:30 a.m.
Memorial contributions for tree plantings in the Village may be made to People of Zionsville for the Aesthetics of Zionsville (PZAZ) Memorial Tree Fund in care of Lana Funkhouser, 305 W. Hawthorne St., Zionsville, IN 46077.
- Gail Meyerhoff Gail Meyerhoff, (nee Ricardi), 78, of Zionsville, passed away Thursday, April 3, 2014.
- Indianapolis Nora R. McDonnell Nora Rita Betchley McDonnell, aged 90, of Indianapolis, formerly of Alpharetta and Woodstock, Ga., passed away peacefully March 30, 2014. Rita was born Nov. 1, 1923, in Flushing, N,Y., to the now late Denis and Mary (Moriarity) Hannifin. After gradu
- Kent A. Morris Zionsville Kent A. Morris Kent A. Morris, 48, of Zionsville, passed away March 4, 2014, at St. Vincent Hospice. He was born in Indianapolis on April 11, 1965, to Glen A. and Lynda K. (Israel) Morris. Kent was a graduate of Ben Davis High School and
- Zionsville Robin L. Buckmaster Mr. Robin L. Buckmaster 61, of Zionsville passed away March 27, 2014. Robin is preceded in death by his father Lloyd S. Buckmaster, son Andy Buckmaster, brothers Charles L. Buckmaster and Jeffrey D. Knox. Robin is a lifelong resident of Zionsville in
- Lynn Oden Diantha Lynn Oden, of Zionsville, passed away at 8:28 a.m. on March 15, 2014, at Indiana University Simon Cancer Center.
- Mildred Applegate Mildred Applegate, 89, of Zionsville, passed away March 8, 2014.
- David Andrew Neel David Andrew Neel, 56, passed away on March 7, 2014, at his home in Zionsville.
- Daniel A. Parks Daniel Albert Parks died Thursday, Feb. 27, at St. Vincent Hospital in Indianapolis.
- Sadie M. Updike Sadie Marie Updike was stillborn at Witham Memorial Hospital in Lebanon on Thursday, Feb. 20, 2014. She is the daughter of Kenneth and Rachel Marie (Carter) Updike.
- Stephen D. Knapp Stephen Douglas Knapp, 58, of Paola, Kan., passed away on Friday, Jan. 10, 2014.
- More Obituaries Headlines