Corinne Ruth Breese, 85, of Zionsville, died June 13, 2013. Corinne was born Feb. 7, 1928 in Cincinnati, Ohio, to the now late Corinne and Lewis Sadler; they preceded her in death as did her beloved husband Patrick A. Breese; son-in-law Ronald H. Templin; brothers Alvin and Robert Sadler; brothers-in-law William R. Turner, Chester L. Gray and Donald Ratkovich; and sister-in-law Veda Gray.
She graduated from Hughes High School and attended the University of Cincinnati, where she was an active member of the Tri-Delt sorority.
A beloved mother to Patty (Jim) Thurgood, Corinne Templin and Terry (Steve) Robinson, “Grammy” (as she was known to her family) will be deeply missed by her grandchildren Angela (Chris) Schwartz, Patrick (Pam) Templin, Corinne Markle, Joseph (Katie) Culp, Jeremy (Jessica) Thurgood and Charles (Andrea) Robinson. She delighted in her great-grandchildren Alec and Ryan Schwartz; Rilee, Colton and Lindsee Templin; Matt and Victoria Markle; Jameson and Anna Culp and amazed everyone by always remembering everyone’s birthdays with a card and a gift. She would have welcomed two additional (Thurgood) great-grandchildren later this year.
She is also survived by her sister Gerry Ratkovich, sister-in-laws Letitia Turner, Ruby Sadler and Donna Sadler.
Corinne was a treasure to her family, wide circle of friends and to the community. She lived in Zionsville for most of her adult life and lent her enthusiasm and artist’s eye to many community organizations over the course of her life, including the Women’s Club of Zionsville, Psi Iota Xi, Sullivan Munce Museum, and Garden Club.
She was most at home in the garden, and the legacy of her beautiful gardens can be found throughout Zionsville in the yards of her former homes.
Corinne will be forever cherished and always remembered as a loving and wonderful wife, mother, sister, mother-in-law, grandmother, great-grandmother and friend. Her family is comforted by the knowledge that she lived a wonderful life and is now tending His gardens in Heaven.
A Celebration of Life will be held in her honor on Friday June 28, 2013 from 4 to 8 p.m. at Flanner & Buchanan in Zionsville. The burial will take place June 29, 2013 at Venice Cemetery in Ross, Ohio at 11:30 a.m.
Memorial contributions for tree plantings in the Village may be made to People of Zionsville for the Aesthetics of Zionsville (PZAZ) Memorial Tree Fund in care of Lana Funkhouser, 305 W. Hawthorne St., Zionsville, IN 46077.
- John Reynold Paulsrud John Reynold Paulsrud, 72, died at his home in Zionsville on Nov. 21, 2013, surrounded by family, after a courageous seven-month battle with cancer.
- Bill Holmes William "Bill" Holmes, 75, of Whitestown, passed away on Sunday, Dec. 1, 2013, at St. Vincent Hospice in Indianapolis.
- Glenn van de Sandt Glenn van de Sandt, 89, Zionsville, passed away in his home on Friday, Nov. 29, 2013.
- Anne L. Miller Anne Louise Mills-Miller has gone on to be with the Lord on the evening of Nov. 25, 2013.
- Mary June Willey Mary June Willey, age 89, died Tuesday, Oct. 22, in Zionsville. She was the widow of Carroll Dean Willey. Mary was born Feb. 11, 1924, in Crothersville, to Dorothy (Hughes) and Floyd Baringer. She graduated from Shortridge High School in 1942. She an
- Gary W. Moore Gary W. Moore, 82, of Zionsville, died Oct. 16, 2013.
- Lowell Kilgus Lowell Kilgus, 68, of Arcadia, passed away Oct. 19, 2013.
Stanton W. Smith
Stanton W. Smith passed away peacefully surrounded by his loving family Thursday, Oct. 3, 2013, at age 82.
Ray Stone peacefully left us on Friday, Sept. 27, 2013, at age 88.
Terry William Johnson
Terry William Johnson, 70, of Zionsville, died peacefully Sept. 28, 2013, at IU North Hospital.
- More Obituaries Headlines