James Earl “Jim” Plummer, 72, a 45-year resident of Zionsville, died Feb. 15, 2013, at St. Vincent Hospice.
He was born Feb. 20, 1940, in Marion County, to the now late Earl W. and Helen Louise McClain Plummer. Jim attended Pike High School and served his country honorably with the U.S. Marine Corps. He was married to Delores F. Burgett Plummer for 42 years, until her death on July 14, 2003.
Jim was employed by Central Corrugated Trucking for many years as a truck driver, and served the Zionsville community as a Zionsville reserve police officer for nine years. He was a member of New Hope Christian Church, Zionsville Jaycees, Charles F. Frank Masonic Lodge No. 760 and the Murat Shrine. Jim liked to fish and watch basketball, but the time he most enjoyed was time spent with his grandchildren, Kyle and Ryleigh.
Jim is survived by his son and daughter-in-law, Scott E. and Sally Plummer; his daughter and son-in-law, Christina A. and Vance Gibson; his grandchildren Kyle B. Plummer and Ryleigh R. Plummer; and his sisters, Sue Burgett and Ann Whitaker.
Calling will be from 10 a.m. Tuesday, Feb. 19, until time of service at 1 p.m. at New Hope Christian Church, 5780 S. 650 E. Whitestown.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to the Shriner’s Hospital for Children, C/O Murat Shrine, 510 N. New Jersey St., Indianapolis, IN 46204 Arrangements are entrusted to Flanner and Buchanan-Zionsville, and online condolences may be made at www.flannerbuchanan.com
- Gail Meyerhoff Gail Meyerhoff, (nee Ricardi), 78, of Zionsville, passed away Thursday, April 3, 2014.
- Indianapolis Nora R. McDonnell Nora Rita Betchley McDonnell, aged 90, of Indianapolis, formerly of Alpharetta and Woodstock, Ga., passed away peacefully March 30, 2014. Rita was born Nov. 1, 1923, in Flushing, N,Y., to the now late Denis and Mary (Moriarity) Hannifin. After gradu
- Kent A. Morris Zionsville Kent A. Morris Kent A. Morris, 48, of Zionsville, passed away March 4, 2014, at St. Vincent Hospice. He was born in Indianapolis on April 11, 1965, to Glen A. and Lynda K. (Israel) Morris. Kent was a graduate of Ben Davis High School and
- Zionsville Robin L. Buckmaster Mr. Robin L. Buckmaster 61, of Zionsville passed away March 27, 2014. Robin is preceded in death by his father Lloyd S. Buckmaster, son Andy Buckmaster, brothers Charles L. Buckmaster and Jeffrey D. Knox. Robin is a lifelong resident of Zionsville in
- Lynn Oden Diantha Lynn Oden, of Zionsville, passed away at 8:28 a.m. on March 15, 2014, at Indiana University Simon Cancer Center.
- Mildred Applegate Mildred Applegate, 89, of Zionsville, passed away March 8, 2014.
- David Andrew Neel David Andrew Neel, 56, passed away on March 7, 2014, at his home in Zionsville.
- Daniel A. Parks Daniel Albert Parks died Thursday, Feb. 27, at St. Vincent Hospital in Indianapolis.
- Sadie M. Updike Sadie Marie Updike was stillborn at Witham Memorial Hospital in Lebanon on Thursday, Feb. 20, 2014. She is the daughter of Kenneth and Rachel Marie (Carter) Updike.
- Stephen D. Knapp Stephen Douglas Knapp, 58, of Paola, Kan., passed away on Friday, Jan. 10, 2014.
- More Obituaries Headlines