James Earl “Jim” Plummer, 72, a 45-year resident of Zionsville, died Feb. 15, 2013, at St. Vincent Hospice.
He was born Feb. 20, 1940, in Marion County, to the now late Earl W. and Helen Louise McClain Plummer. Jim attended Pike High School and served his country honorably with the U.S. Marine Corps. He was married to Delores F. Burgett Plummer for 42 years, until her death on July 14, 2003.
Jim was employed by Central Corrugated Trucking for many years as a truck driver, and served the Zionsville community as a Zionsville reserve police officer for nine years. He was a member of New Hope Christian Church, Zionsville Jaycees, Charles F. Frank Masonic Lodge No. 760 and the Murat Shrine. Jim liked to fish and watch basketball, but the time he most enjoyed was time spent with his grandchildren, Kyle and Ryleigh.
Jim is survived by his son and daughter-in-law, Scott E. and Sally Plummer; his daughter and son-in-law, Christina A. and Vance Gibson; his grandchildren Kyle B. Plummer and Ryleigh R. Plummer; and his sisters, Sue Burgett and Ann Whitaker.
Calling will be from 10 a.m. Tuesday, Feb. 19, until time of service at 1 p.m. at New Hope Christian Church, 5780 S. 650 E. Whitestown.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to the Shriner’s Hospital for Children, C/O Murat Shrine, 510 N. New Jersey St., Indianapolis, IN 46204 Arrangements are entrusted to Flanner and Buchanan-Zionsville, and online condolences may be made at www.flannerbuchanan.com
- John Reynold Paulsrud John Reynold Paulsrud, 72, died at his home in Zionsville on Nov. 21, 2013, surrounded by family, after a courageous seven-month battle with cancer.
- Bill Holmes William "Bill" Holmes, 75, of Whitestown, passed away on Sunday, Dec. 1, 2013, at St. Vincent Hospice in Indianapolis.
- Glenn van de Sandt Glenn van de Sandt, 89, Zionsville, passed away in his home on Friday, Nov. 29, 2013.
- Anne L. Miller Anne Louise Mills-Miller has gone on to be with the Lord on the evening of Nov. 25, 2013.
- Mary June Willey Mary June Willey, age 89, died Tuesday, Oct. 22, in Zionsville. She was the widow of Carroll Dean Willey. Mary was born Feb. 11, 1924, in Crothersville, to Dorothy (Hughes) and Floyd Baringer. She graduated from Shortridge High School in 1942. She an
- Gary W. Moore Gary W. Moore, 82, of Zionsville, died Oct. 16, 2013.
- Lowell Kilgus Lowell Kilgus, 68, of Arcadia, passed away Oct. 19, 2013.
Stanton W. Smith
Stanton W. Smith passed away peacefully surrounded by his loving family Thursday, Oct. 3, 2013, at age 82.
Ray Stone peacefully left us on Friday, Sept. 27, 2013, at age 88.
Terry William Johnson
Terry William Johnson, 70, of Zionsville, died peacefully Sept. 28, 2013, at IU North Hospital.
- More Obituaries Headlines