James Earl “Jim” Plummer, 72, a 45-year resident of Zionsville, died Feb. 15, 2013, at St. Vincent Hospice.
He was born Feb. 20, 1940, in Marion County, to the now late Earl W. and Helen Louise McClain Plummer. Jim attended Pike High School and served his country honorably with the U.S. Marine Corps. He was married to Delores F. Burgett Plummer for 42 years, until her death on July 14, 2003.
Jim was employed by Central Corrugated Trucking for many years as a truck driver, and served the Zionsville community as a Zionsville reserve police officer for nine years. He was a member of New Hope Christian Church, Zionsville Jaycees, Charles F. Frank Masonic Lodge No. 760 and the Murat Shrine. Jim liked to fish and watch basketball, but the time he most enjoyed was time spent with his grandchildren, Kyle and Ryleigh.
Jim is survived by his son and daughter-in-law, Scott E. and Sally Plummer; his daughter and son-in-law, Christina A. and Vance Gibson; his grandchildren Kyle B. Plummer and Ryleigh R. Plummer; and his sisters, Sue Burgett and Ann Whitaker.
Calling will be from 10 a.m. Tuesday, Feb. 19, until time of service at 1 p.m. at New Hope Christian Church, 5780 S. 650 E. Whitestown.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to the Shriner’s Hospital for Children, C/O Murat Shrine, 510 N. New Jersey St., Indianapolis, IN 46204 Arrangements are entrusted to Flanner and Buchanan-Zionsville, and online condolences may be made at www.flannerbuchanan.com
- Daniel A. Parks Daniel Albert Parks died Thursday, Feb. 27, at St. Vincent Hospital in Indianapolis.
- Sadie M. Updike Sadie Marie Updike was stillborn at Witham Memorial Hospital in Lebanon on Thursday, Feb. 20, 2014. She is the daughter of Kenneth and Rachel Marie (Carter) Updike.
- Stephen D. Knapp Stephen Douglas Knapp, 58, of Paola, Kan., passed away on Friday, Jan. 10, 2014.
- Pamela Sue Humphreys Pamela Sue Humphreys, 44, of Zionsville, passed away Feb. 2, 2014.
- Scott Brown Scott David Brown, 39, of Indianapolis, passed away Feb. 6, 2014, surrounded by his family and friends.
- Chris Bassler Chris Bassler died peacefully on Friday, Jan. 31, surrounded by those she loved.
- Amy Pearce Amy Isenhower Pearce, 59, died Friday, Jan. 31, 2014, at her home in Zionsville, surrounded by her family.
Priscilla “Billie” Downey
Priscilla “Billie” Wheeler Downey, 96, of Zionsville, passed away Jan. 18, 2014.
Carrie Michelle Beard, 44, of Lebanon, died Friday, Jan. 17, 2014, at Indiana University Simon Cancer Center in Indianapolis.
Kathy Anne Ellis-Inman, of Zionsville, passed away on Jan. 8, 2014.
- More Obituaries Headlines