Joe Bill Jones, 65 year resident of Zionsville, died Feb. 19, 2013.
He was born July 15, 1927, in Woodward, Okla., to the now late Zannie Ray and Hazel Olive (Muse) Jones. Joe graduated from Fontana (N.C.) High School and honorably served his country with the U. S. Marine Corps, where he trained in anticipation of the invasion of Tokyo.
Joe married his wife of 59 years, Elizabeth “Libby” Pearson Jones, on Oct. 16, 1948. She preceded him in death in 2006.
Joe was field manager for several mechanical contractors. He attended Zionsville Christian Church. Joe loved spending time with Libby in Florida on their boat, “Hoosier Pride” and was never happier than when he was with family, especially his grandchildren.
Joe is survived by his son Larry D. Jones (Karen); his daughter Leann J. Deuser; grandchildren Amanda Ogden (Stephen), Kristina Brant (Hunter), Melissa Teat (Will), Will Deuser and Meghan Deuser; and great grandchildren Ruth, Mary, Brooklyn and Samantha. Joe’s brother, Jerry R. Jones (Betty) also survives.
Services were Friday, Feb. 22, at Zionsville Christian Church.
In lieu of flowers, contributions in Joe’s memory may be made to National Multiple Sclerosis Society, S. Florida Chapter, 3201 W. Commercial Boulevard, Suite 127, Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33309.
Online condolences may be made at www.flannerbuchanan.com.
- Gail Meyerhoff Gail Meyerhoff, (nee Ricardi), 78, of Zionsville, passed away Thursday, April 3, 2014.
- Indianapolis Nora R. McDonnell Nora Rita Betchley McDonnell, aged 90, of Indianapolis, formerly of Alpharetta and Woodstock, Ga., passed away peacefully March 30, 2014. Rita was born Nov. 1, 1923, in Flushing, N,Y., to the now late Denis and Mary (Moriarity) Hannifin. After gradu
- Kent A. Morris Zionsville Kent A. Morris Kent A. Morris, 48, of Zionsville, passed away March 4, 2014, at St. Vincent Hospice. He was born in Indianapolis on April 11, 1965, to Glen A. and Lynda K. (Israel) Morris. Kent was a graduate of Ben Davis High School and
- Zionsville Robin L. Buckmaster Mr. Robin L. Buckmaster 61, of Zionsville passed away March 27, 2014. Robin is preceded in death by his father Lloyd S. Buckmaster, son Andy Buckmaster, brothers Charles L. Buckmaster and Jeffrey D. Knox. Robin is a lifelong resident of Zionsville in
- Lynn Oden Diantha Lynn Oden, of Zionsville, passed away at 8:28 a.m. on March 15, 2014, at Indiana University Simon Cancer Center.
- Mildred Applegate Mildred Applegate, 89, of Zionsville, passed away March 8, 2014.
- David Andrew Neel David Andrew Neel, 56, passed away on March 7, 2014, at his home in Zionsville.
- Daniel A. Parks Daniel Albert Parks died Thursday, Feb. 27, at St. Vincent Hospital in Indianapolis.
- Sadie M. Updike Sadie Marie Updike was stillborn at Witham Memorial Hospital in Lebanon on Thursday, Feb. 20, 2014. She is the daughter of Kenneth and Rachel Marie (Carter) Updike.
- Stephen D. Knapp Stephen Douglas Knapp, 58, of Paola, Kan., passed away on Friday, Jan. 10, 2014.
- More Obituaries Headlines