Joe Bill Jones, 65 year resident of Zionsville, died Feb. 19, 2013.
He was born July 15, 1927, in Woodward, Okla., to the now late Zannie Ray and Hazel Olive (Muse) Jones. Joe graduated from Fontana (N.C.) High School and honorably served his country with the U. S. Marine Corps, where he trained in anticipation of the invasion of Tokyo.
Joe married his wife of 59 years, Elizabeth “Libby” Pearson Jones, on Oct. 16, 1948. She preceded him in death in 2006.
Joe was field manager for several mechanical contractors. He attended Zionsville Christian Church. Joe loved spending time with Libby in Florida on their boat, “Hoosier Pride” and was never happier than when he was with family, especially his grandchildren.
Joe is survived by his son Larry D. Jones (Karen); his daughter Leann J. Deuser; grandchildren Amanda Ogden (Stephen), Kristina Brant (Hunter), Melissa Teat (Will), Will Deuser and Meghan Deuser; and great grandchildren Ruth, Mary, Brooklyn and Samantha. Joe’s brother, Jerry R. Jones (Betty) also survives.
Services were Friday, Feb. 22, at Zionsville Christian Church.
In lieu of flowers, contributions in Joe’s memory may be made to National Multiple Sclerosis Society, S. Florida Chapter, 3201 W. Commercial Boulevard, Suite 127, Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33309.
Online condolences may be made at www.flannerbuchanan.com.
- Donovan Oden Donovan C. Oden, 51, of Whitestown, passed away July 18, 2014.
- Robert C. Waite Robert C. Waite, 56, of Zionsville, went to be with the Lord on July 9, 2014.
- Judy Hill Nelson Judy Hill Nelson, 75, of Indianapolis, passed peacefully into heaven at 9 p.m. July 4, 2014, just as the fireworks she loved to watch from a distance were starting to go off.
Alan Paul Gribble passed peacefully at St. Vincent’s Hospice on July 5, 2014, after a long struggle with leukemia.
- Steven Smith Steven P. Smith, 48, of Indianapolis, died June 29, 2014.
- George Lintner George Walter Lintner Jr., 77, Zionsville, passed away July 5, 2014.
- Joseph Jones II Joseph E. Jones II, 65, of Zionsville, passed away on Monday, June 30, in his home.
- Joe T. Alonso Joe T. Alonso, (born Jose Antonio), 87, Zionsville, passed away on June 17, 2014, at the Hearth at Tudor Gardens.
- Julio Cesar Campins Sr. Julio Cesar Campins Sr., 82, of Zionsville, passed away June 16, 2014.
- Hedwig Pinkerton Hedwig H. Pinkerton, 84, of Zionsville, passed away peacefully on June 18, 2014.
- More Obituaries Headlines