Joe Bill Jones, 65 year resident of Zionsville, died Feb. 19, 2013.
He was born July 15, 1927, in Woodward, Okla., to the now late Zannie Ray and Hazel Olive (Muse) Jones. Joe graduated from Fontana (N.C.) High School and honorably served his country with the U. S. Marine Corps, where he trained in anticipation of the invasion of Tokyo.
Joe married his wife of 59 years, Elizabeth “Libby” Pearson Jones, on Oct. 16, 1948. She preceded him in death in 2006.
Joe was field manager for several mechanical contractors. He attended Zionsville Christian Church. Joe loved spending time with Libby in Florida on their boat, “Hoosier Pride” and was never happier than when he was with family, especially his grandchildren.
Joe is survived by his son Larry D. Jones (Karen); his daughter Leann J. Deuser; grandchildren Amanda Ogden (Stephen), Kristina Brant (Hunter), Melissa Teat (Will), Will Deuser and Meghan Deuser; and great grandchildren Ruth, Mary, Brooklyn and Samantha. Joe’s brother, Jerry R. Jones (Betty) also survives.
Services were Friday, Feb. 22, at Zionsville Christian Church.
In lieu of flowers, contributions in Joe’s memory may be made to National Multiple Sclerosis Society, S. Florida Chapter, 3201 W. Commercial Boulevard, Suite 127, Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33309.
Online condolences may be made at www.flannerbuchanan.com.
- Margaret “Margie” Cooper Margaret “Margie” L. (Pickett) Cooper, 63, of Zionsville and formerly of Brazil, passed away unexpectedly, Aug. 16, 2014, at St. Vincent Hospital in Indianapolis, surrounded by her family.
- Don Brockett Ansel Don Brockett Ansel, 86, of Zionsville, passed peacefully into the hands of the Lord on Sunday, Aug.10, 2014, with his wife and children at his side.
- Eddie Ames Eddie Ames went to heaven on Aug. 7, 2014.
- Kathryn "Kay" Morris Kathryn "Kay" Morris, of Zionsville, died July 27, 2014, surrounded by her children at her home after a short, yet courageous battle with cancer.
- Mary Bette Lewis Mary Bette Lewis died on Jan. 12, 2014.
- Richard A. Hussung Richard Allen Hussung, age 78, of Whitestown, passed away Aug. 5, 2014.
- Laura J. Smith Laura Jane (Simpson) Smith, 93, of Zionsville, passed away at 7:45 a.m. Monday, July 28, 2014, at Visiting Nurse and Hospice Home in Fort Wayne.
Lewis L. Davis
Lewis Lee Davis, 77, of Zionsville, died at 10:35 a.m. Tuesday, July 15, 2014, at St. Vincent Hospital in Indianapolis.
- Donovan Oden Donovan C. Oden, 51, of Whitestown, passed away July 18, 2014.
- Robert C. Waite Robert C. Waite, 56, of Zionsville, went to be with the Lord on July 9, 2014.
- More Obituaries Headlines