Joe Bill Jones, 65 year resident of Zionsville, died Feb. 19, 2013.
He was born July 15, 1927, in Woodward, Okla., to the now late Zannie Ray and Hazel Olive (Muse) Jones. Joe graduated from Fontana (N.C.) High School and honorably served his country with the U. S. Marine Corps, where he trained in anticipation of the invasion of Tokyo.
Joe married his wife of 59 years, Elizabeth “Libby” Pearson Jones, on Oct. 16, 1948. She preceded him in death in 2006.
Joe was field manager for several mechanical contractors. He attended Zionsville Christian Church. Joe loved spending time with Libby in Florida on their boat, “Hoosier Pride” and was never happier than when he was with family, especially his grandchildren.
Joe is survived by his son Larry D. Jones (Karen); his daughter Leann J. Deuser; grandchildren Amanda Ogden (Stephen), Kristina Brant (Hunter), Melissa Teat (Will), Will Deuser and Meghan Deuser; and great grandchildren Ruth, Mary, Brooklyn and Samantha. Joe’s brother, Jerry R. Jones (Betty) also survives.
Services were Friday, Feb. 22, at Zionsville Christian Church.
In lieu of flowers, contributions in Joe’s memory may be made to National Multiple Sclerosis Society, S. Florida Chapter, 3201 W. Commercial Boulevard, Suite 127, Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33309.
Online condolences may be made at www.flannerbuchanan.com.
- Daniel A. Parks Daniel Albert Parks died Thursday, Feb. 27, at St. Vincent Hospital in Indianapolis.
- Sadie M. Updike Sadie Marie Updike was stillborn at Witham Memorial Hospital in Lebanon on Thursday, Feb. 20, 2014. She is the daughter of Kenneth and Rachel Marie (Carter) Updike.
- Stephen D. Knapp Stephen Douglas Knapp, 58, of Paola, Kan., passed away on Friday, Jan. 10, 2014.
- Pamela Sue Humphreys Pamela Sue Humphreys, 44, of Zionsville, passed away Feb. 2, 2014.
- Scott Brown Scott David Brown, 39, of Indianapolis, passed away Feb. 6, 2014, surrounded by his family and friends.
- Chris Bassler Chris Bassler died peacefully on Friday, Jan. 31, surrounded by those she loved.
- Amy Pearce Amy Isenhower Pearce, 59, died Friday, Jan. 31, 2014, at her home in Zionsville, surrounded by her family.
Priscilla “Billie” Downey
Priscilla “Billie” Wheeler Downey, 96, of Zionsville, passed away Jan. 18, 2014.
Carrie Michelle Beard, 44, of Lebanon, died Friday, Jan. 17, 2014, at Indiana University Simon Cancer Center in Indianapolis.
Kathy Anne Ellis-Inman, of Zionsville, passed away on Jan. 8, 2014.
- More Obituaries Headlines