Joe Bill Jones, 65 year resident of Zionsville, died Feb. 19, 2013.
He was born July 15, 1927, in Woodward, Okla., to the now late Zannie Ray and Hazel Olive (Muse) Jones. Joe graduated from Fontana (N.C.) High School and honorably served his country with the U. S. Marine Corps, where he trained in anticipation of the invasion of Tokyo.
Joe married his wife of 59 years, Elizabeth “Libby” Pearson Jones, on Oct. 16, 1948. She preceded him in death in 2006.
Joe was field manager for several mechanical contractors. He attended Zionsville Christian Church. Joe loved spending time with Libby in Florida on their boat, “Hoosier Pride” and was never happier than when he was with family, especially his grandchildren.
Joe is survived by his son Larry D. Jones (Karen); his daughter Leann J. Deuser; grandchildren Amanda Ogden (Stephen), Kristina Brant (Hunter), Melissa Teat (Will), Will Deuser and Meghan Deuser; and great grandchildren Ruth, Mary, Brooklyn and Samantha. Joe’s brother, Jerry R. Jones (Betty) also survives.
Services were Friday, Feb. 22, at Zionsville Christian Church.
In lieu of flowers, contributions in Joe’s memory may be made to National Multiple Sclerosis Society, S. Florida Chapter, 3201 W. Commercial Boulevard, Suite 127, Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33309.
Online condolences may be made at www.flannerbuchanan.com.
- John Reynold Paulsrud John Reynold Paulsrud, 72, died at his home in Zionsville on Nov. 21, 2013, surrounded by family, after a courageous seven-month battle with cancer.
- Bill Holmes William "Bill" Holmes, 75, of Whitestown, passed away on Sunday, Dec. 1, 2013, at St. Vincent Hospice in Indianapolis.
- Glenn van de Sandt Glenn van de Sandt, 89, Zionsville, passed away in his home on Friday, Nov. 29, 2013.
- Anne L. Miller Anne Louise Mills-Miller has gone on to be with the Lord on the evening of Nov. 25, 2013.
- Mary June Willey Mary June Willey, age 89, died Tuesday, Oct. 22, in Zionsville. She was the widow of Carroll Dean Willey. Mary was born Feb. 11, 1924, in Crothersville, to Dorothy (Hughes) and Floyd Baringer. She graduated from Shortridge High School in 1942. She an
- Gary W. Moore Gary W. Moore, 82, of Zionsville, died Oct. 16, 2013.
- Lowell Kilgus Lowell Kilgus, 68, of Arcadia, passed away Oct. 19, 2013.
Stanton W. Smith
Stanton W. Smith passed away peacefully surrounded by his loving family Thursday, Oct. 3, 2013, at age 82.
Ray Stone peacefully left us on Friday, Sept. 27, 2013, at age 88.
Terry William Johnson
Terry William Johnson, 70, of Zionsville, died peacefully Sept. 28, 2013, at IU North Hospital.
- More Obituaries Headlines