Steven Jones Covert, 65, of Zionsville, passed away on Oct. 18, 2012.
He was born in Indianapolis on Nov. 2, 1946, to William V. and Dorothy Jones Covert.
Steven was a 1964 graduate of Glenbrook High School and he served his country in the U.S. Navy. He married his loving wife of 37 years Lorraine A. Schramm and was a graduate of Purdue University, where he was a cheerleader. After graduation, he worked for more than 25 years as an industrial engineer for United Technologies.
He was an avid ham radio operator, model railroader, a member of Phi Gamma Delta and St. Luke United Methodist Church.
Memorial and funeral services were on Saturday, Oct. 27, at Shirley Brothers Fishers-Castleton Road Chapel, 9900 Allisonville Road, Fishers.
Steven is survived by his wife, Lorraine Covert; mother, Dorothy Covert; daughter, Amy (John) Altman; brother, Jeffrey (Suzie) Covert; sister, Helene (Mike) Trout; sister-in-law, Paula Schramm; and granddaughters Abigail and Molly Altman.
Memorial contributions may be made to the American Cancer Society. Online condolences may be made at www.shirleybrothers.com.
- Laura J. Smith Laura Jane (Simpson) Smith, 93, of Zionsville, passed away at 7:45 a.m. Monday, July 28, 2014, at Visiting Nurse and Hospice Home in Fort Wayne.
Lewis L. Davis
Lewis Lee Davis, 77, of Zionsville, died at 10:35 a.m. Tuesday, July 15, 2014, at St. Vincent Hospital in Indianapolis.
- Donovan Oden Donovan C. Oden, 51, of Whitestown, passed away July 18, 2014.
- Robert C. Waite Robert C. Waite, 56, of Zionsville, went to be with the Lord on July 9, 2014.
- Judy Hill Nelson Judy Hill Nelson, 75, of Indianapolis, passed peacefully into heaven at 9 p.m. July 4, 2014, just as the fireworks she loved to watch from a distance were starting to go off.
Alan Paul Gribble passed peacefully at St. Vincent’s Hospice on July 5, 2014, after a long struggle with leukemia.
- Steven Smith Steven P. Smith, 48, of Indianapolis, died June 29, 2014.
- George Lintner George Walter Lintner Jr., 77, Zionsville, passed away July 5, 2014.
- Joseph Jones II Joseph E. Jones II, 65, of Zionsville, passed away on Monday, June 30, in his home.
- Joe T. Alonso Joe T. Alonso, (born Jose Antonio), 87, Zionsville, passed away on June 17, 2014, at the Hearth at Tudor Gardens.
- More Obituaries Headlines