Steven Jones Covert, 65, of Zionsville, passed away on Oct. 18, 2012.
He was born in Indianapolis on Nov. 2, 1946, to William V. and Dorothy Jones Covert.
Steven was a 1964 graduate of Glenbrook High School and he served his country in the U.S. Navy. He married his loving wife of 37 years Lorraine A. Schramm and was a graduate of Purdue University, where he was a cheerleader. After graduation, he worked for more than 25 years as an industrial engineer for United Technologies.
He was an avid ham radio operator, model railroader, a member of Phi Gamma Delta and St. Luke United Methodist Church.
Memorial and funeral services were on Saturday, Oct. 27, at Shirley Brothers Fishers-Castleton Road Chapel, 9900 Allisonville Road, Fishers.
Steven is survived by his wife, Lorraine Covert; mother, Dorothy Covert; daughter, Amy (John) Altman; brother, Jeffrey (Suzie) Covert; sister, Helene (Mike) Trout; sister-in-law, Paula Schramm; and granddaughters Abigail and Molly Altman.
Memorial contributions may be made to the American Cancer Society. Online condolences may be made at www.shirleybrothers.com.
- John Reynold Paulsrud John Reynold Paulsrud, 72, died at his home in Zionsville on Nov. 21, 2013, surrounded by family, after a courageous seven-month battle with cancer.
- Bill Holmes William "Bill" Holmes, 75, of Whitestown, passed away on Sunday, Dec. 1, 2013, at St. Vincent Hospice in Indianapolis.
- Glenn van de Sandt Glenn van de Sandt, 89, Zionsville, passed away in his home on Friday, Nov. 29, 2013.
- Anne L. Miller Anne Louise Mills-Miller has gone on to be with the Lord on the evening of Nov. 25, 2013.
- Mary June Willey Mary June Willey, age 89, died Tuesday, Oct. 22, in Zionsville. She was the widow of Carroll Dean Willey. Mary was born Feb. 11, 1924, in Crothersville, to Dorothy (Hughes) and Floyd Baringer. She graduated from Shortridge High School in 1942. She an
- Gary W. Moore Gary W. Moore, 82, of Zionsville, died Oct. 16, 2013.
- Lowell Kilgus Lowell Kilgus, 68, of Arcadia, passed away Oct. 19, 2013.
Stanton W. Smith
Stanton W. Smith passed away peacefully surrounded by his loving family Thursday, Oct. 3, 2013, at age 82.
Ray Stone peacefully left us on Friday, Sept. 27, 2013, at age 88.
Terry William Johnson
Terry William Johnson, 70, of Zionsville, died peacefully Sept. 28, 2013, at IU North Hospital.
- More Obituaries Headlines