Steven Jones Covert, 65, of Zionsville, passed away on Oct. 18, 2012.
He was born in Indianapolis on Nov. 2, 1946, to William V. and Dorothy Jones Covert.
Steven was a 1964 graduate of Glenbrook High School and he served his country in the U.S. Navy. He married his loving wife of 37 years Lorraine A. Schramm and was a graduate of Purdue University, where he was a cheerleader. After graduation, he worked for more than 25 years as an industrial engineer for United Technologies.
He was an avid ham radio operator, model railroader, a member of Phi Gamma Delta and St. Luke United Methodist Church.
Memorial and funeral services were on Saturday, Oct. 27, at Shirley Brothers Fishers-Castleton Road Chapel, 9900 Allisonville Road, Fishers.
Steven is survived by his wife, Lorraine Covert; mother, Dorothy Covert; daughter, Amy (John) Altman; brother, Jeffrey (Suzie) Covert; sister, Helene (Mike) Trout; sister-in-law, Paula Schramm; and granddaughters Abigail and Molly Altman.
Memorial contributions may be made to the American Cancer Society. Online condolences may be made at www.shirleybrothers.com.
- Daniel A. Parks Daniel Albert Parks died Thursday, Feb. 27, at St. Vincent Hospital in Indianapolis.
- Sadie M. Updike Sadie Marie Updike was stillborn at Witham Memorial Hospital in Lebanon on Thursday, Feb. 20, 2014. She is the daughter of Kenneth and Rachel Marie (Carter) Updike.
- Stephen D. Knapp Stephen Douglas Knapp, 58, of Paola, Kan., passed away on Friday, Jan. 10, 2014.
- Pamela Sue Humphreys Pamela Sue Humphreys, 44, of Zionsville, passed away Feb. 2, 2014.
- Scott Brown Scott David Brown, 39, of Indianapolis, passed away Feb. 6, 2014, surrounded by his family and friends.
- Chris Bassler Chris Bassler died peacefully on Friday, Jan. 31, surrounded by those she loved.
- Amy Pearce Amy Isenhower Pearce, 59, died Friday, Jan. 31, 2014, at her home in Zionsville, surrounded by her family.
Priscilla “Billie” Downey
Priscilla “Billie” Wheeler Downey, 96, of Zionsville, passed away Jan. 18, 2014.
Carrie Michelle Beard, 44, of Lebanon, died Friday, Jan. 17, 2014, at Indiana University Simon Cancer Center in Indianapolis.
Kathy Anne Ellis-Inman, of Zionsville, passed away on Jan. 8, 2014.
- More Obituaries Headlines