Rachael Leigh Fiege, 19, of Zionsville, passed away on Aug. 23, 2013. She was born on July 15, 1994, in Indianapolis, to Richard Wistar Fiege and Angela Bellamy Fiege. Rachael graduated with the 2013 class of Zionsville Community High School, where she played soccer and was involved in many other school activities. Rachael was to begin her freshman year at Indiana University, where she planned to study nursing and play club soccer. Rachael will be remembered for her exceptional kindness and giving spirit. She was an inexhaustible source of joy to others, brightening the world with her contagious laughter and energy. Rachael always found the good in others, and her presence brought out the best qualities in those who surrounded her. She loved the game of soccer, and the friendships she forged on the field endured throughout her life. Rachael was surrounded by loving friends and family, many of whom traveled to be at her side during her final hours. She was a profoundly compassionate individual who donated her time to caring for children and teens with learning disabilities. Even today, Rachael continues giving to others through the organs she donated. Rachael is survived by her parents, Rick and Angi Fiege; her brother, Jeremy Fiege; grandparents, Stan and Leta Bellamy; uncle, David Fiege (Shari); aunt, Margie White (Mike); great-aunt, Jean Boring; great-uncle, Don Fiege; aunt, Sharon Repp (Bill); uncle, Robert Bellamy (Lettie); and cousins, Robert, Sarah, Debbie, Kim, Betsy and Valerie. She was preceded in death by her paternal grandparents, Robert Wistar and Betty Jean Fiege. Visitation for Rachael will be held from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Friday, Aug. 30, at Zionsville Presbyterian Church. Services will be at noon Saturday, Aug. 31, at the church, with calling from 10 a.m. until time of service. Memorial contributions may be made to IU Methodist Health Foundation, courtesy of Rachael Fiege. Arrangements are entrusted to Flanner and Buchanan Zionsville, and online condolences may be made at www.flannerbuchanan.com.
- Daniel A. Parks Daniel Albert Parks died Thursday, Feb. 27, at St. Vincent Hospital in Indianapolis.
- Sadie M. Updike Sadie Marie Updike was stillborn at Witham Memorial Hospital in Lebanon on Thursday, Feb. 20, 2014. She is the daughter of Kenneth and Rachel Marie (Carter) Updike.
- Stephen D. Knapp Stephen Douglas Knapp, 58, of Paola, Kan., passed away on Friday, Jan. 10, 2014.
- Pamela Sue Humphreys Pamela Sue Humphreys, 44, of Zionsville, passed away Feb. 2, 2014.
- Scott Brown Scott David Brown, 39, of Indianapolis, passed away Feb. 6, 2014, surrounded by his family and friends.
- Chris Bassler Chris Bassler died peacefully on Friday, Jan. 31, surrounded by those she loved.
- Amy Pearce Amy Isenhower Pearce, 59, died Friday, Jan. 31, 2014, at her home in Zionsville, surrounded by her family.
Priscilla “Billie” Downey
Priscilla “Billie” Wheeler Downey, 96, of Zionsville, passed away Jan. 18, 2014.
Carrie Michelle Beard, 44, of Lebanon, died Friday, Jan. 17, 2014, at Indiana University Simon Cancer Center in Indianapolis.
Kathy Anne Ellis-Inman, of Zionsville, passed away on Jan. 8, 2014.
- More Obituaries Headlines