Logan James McGovern, 15, of Zionsville, passed away Jan. 23, 2013, after a courageous battle with a rare form of cancer. He was born Oct. 4, 1997, in Indianapolis, and was a freshman at Zionsville Community High School. Logan was the only son of Eileen McGovern, and the two were absolutely devoted to each other. Eileen meant everything to Logan, and Logan meant everything to Eileen.
Logan loved racing motorcycles and was a great athlete who played many sports and excelled at football. He was a member of the Zionsville Eagles football team, and a huge fan of the University of Texas Longhorns and the Dallas Cowboys. Logan enjoyed spending time gaming online and is remembered, especially by “the usual suspects,” as a loyal friend who possessed strength and courage beyond his years. Often, when friends and family went to visit Logan to encourage and uplift him, Logan was the one who inspired and encouraged everyone else. His faith was important to him, and Logan was at peace as his time on earth neared its end, knowing he was going to heaven, where he would meet his savior and his sister Neka, who preceded him in death in 1996.
Logan’s family is grateful for the care he received at Riley Hospital for Children. The love and support the doctors, nurses and staff demonstrated to Logan and Eileen will never be forgotten. They would also like to thank the many people in the community who have supported the McGovern family during this journey.
Logan is survived by his mother, Eileen McGovern; his grandparents Jim McGovern of Indianapolis and Mary McGovern of Zionsville; and his large and loving extended family and many friends. Logan is also survived by his loyal dog, Jake, who was known to lie on Logan’s bed for hours and hours.
A celebration of Logan’s life and faith was Saturday, Jan. 26, at Traders Point Christian Church, Whitestown. Burial followed at Our Lady of Peace Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made at any Forum Credit Union to the Logan McGovern Cancer Relief Fund.
Arrangements were entrusted to Flanner and Buchanan-Zionsville. Online condolences may be made at www.flanner-buchanan.com.
- John Reynold Paulsrud John Reynold Paulsrud, 72, died at his home in Zionsville on Nov. 21, 2013, surrounded by family, after a courageous seven-month battle with cancer.
- Bill Holmes William "Bill" Holmes, 75, of Whitestown, passed away on Sunday, Dec. 1, 2013, at St. Vincent Hospice in Indianapolis.
- Glenn van de Sandt Glenn van de Sandt, 89, Zionsville, passed away in his home on Friday, Nov. 29, 2013.
- Anne L. Miller Anne Louise Mills-Miller has gone on to be with the Lord on the evening of Nov. 25, 2013.
- Mary June Willey Mary June Willey, age 89, died Tuesday, Oct. 22, in Zionsville. She was the widow of Carroll Dean Willey. Mary was born Feb. 11, 1924, in Crothersville, to Dorothy (Hughes) and Floyd Baringer. She graduated from Shortridge High School in 1942. She an
- Gary W. Moore Gary W. Moore, 82, of Zionsville, died Oct. 16, 2013.
- Lowell Kilgus Lowell Kilgus, 68, of Arcadia, passed away Oct. 19, 2013.
Stanton W. Smith
Stanton W. Smith passed away peacefully surrounded by his loving family Thursday, Oct. 3, 2013, at age 82.
Ray Stone peacefully left us on Friday, Sept. 27, 2013, at age 88.
Terry William Johnson
Terry William Johnson, 70, of Zionsville, died peacefully Sept. 28, 2013, at IU North Hospital.
- More Obituaries Headlines