Logan James McGovern, 15, of Zionsville, passed away Jan. 23, 2013, after a courageous battle with a rare form of cancer. He was born Oct. 4, 1997, in Indianapolis, and was a freshman at Zionsville Community High School. Logan was the only son of Eileen McGovern, and the two were absolutely devoted to each other. Eileen meant everything to Logan, and Logan meant everything to Eileen.
Logan loved racing motorcycles and was a great athlete who played many sports and excelled at football. He was a member of the Zionsville Eagles football team, and a huge fan of the University of Texas Longhorns and the Dallas Cowboys. Logan enjoyed spending time gaming online and is remembered, especially by “the usual suspects,” as a loyal friend who possessed strength and courage beyond his years. Often, when friends and family went to visit Logan to encourage and uplift him, Logan was the one who inspired and encouraged everyone else. His faith was important to him, and Logan was at peace as his time on earth neared its end, knowing he was going to heaven, where he would meet his savior and his sister Neka, who preceded him in death in 1996.
Logan’s family is grateful for the care he received at Riley Hospital for Children. The love and support the doctors, nurses and staff demonstrated to Logan and Eileen will never be forgotten. They would also like to thank the many people in the community who have supported the McGovern family during this journey.
Logan is survived by his mother, Eileen McGovern; his grandparents Jim McGovern of Indianapolis and Mary McGovern of Zionsville; and his large and loving extended family and many friends. Logan is also survived by his loyal dog, Jake, who was known to lie on Logan’s bed for hours and hours.
A celebration of Logan’s life and faith was Saturday, Jan. 26, at Traders Point Christian Church, Whitestown. Burial followed at Our Lady of Peace Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made at any Forum Credit Union to the Logan McGovern Cancer Relief Fund.
Arrangements were entrusted to Flanner and Buchanan-Zionsville. Online condolences may be made at www.flanner-buchanan.com.
- Margaret “Margie” Cooper Margaret “Margie” L. (Pickett) Cooper, 63, of Zionsville and formerly of Brazil, passed away unexpectedly, Aug. 16, 2014, at St. Vincent Hospital in Indianapolis, surrounded by her family.
- Don Brockett Ansel Don Brockett Ansel, 86, of Zionsville, passed peacefully into the hands of the Lord on Sunday, Aug.10, 2014, with his wife and children at his side.
- Eddie Ames Eddie Ames went to heaven on Aug. 7, 2014.
- Kathryn "Kay" Morris Kathryn "Kay" Morris, of Zionsville, died July 27, 2014, surrounded by her children at her home after a short, yet courageous battle with cancer.
- Mary Bette Lewis Mary Bette Lewis died on Jan. 12, 2014.
- Richard A. Hussung Richard Allen Hussung, age 78, of Whitestown, passed away Aug. 5, 2014.
- Laura J. Smith Laura Jane (Simpson) Smith, 93, of Zionsville, passed away at 7:45 a.m. Monday, July 28, 2014, at Visiting Nurse and Hospice Home in Fort Wayne.
Lewis L. Davis
Lewis Lee Davis, 77, of Zionsville, died at 10:35 a.m. Tuesday, July 15, 2014, at St. Vincent Hospital in Indianapolis.
- Donovan Oden Donovan C. Oden, 51, of Whitestown, passed away July 18, 2014.
- Robert C. Waite Robert C. Waite, 56, of Zionsville, went to be with the Lord on July 9, 2014.
- More Obituaries Headlines