John R. Rosenstihl, 80, of Zionsville died Tuesday morning, Feb. 5, 2013. John was born Sept. 18, 1932, to Robert and Mary Wood Rosenstihl. He graduated from Zionsville High School in1950. He was in the U.S. Navy during the Korean War serving on an L.S. 2 and was also a medical corpsman at the Navy Hospital in Bremerton, Washington.
John was a self-employed barber followed by a career of owning an antique and used furniture store.
He attended Zionsville United Methodist Church; was a 56 year member of Charles F. Frank Masonic Lodge; a member of the Scottish Rite, Valley of Indianapolis; and was a long time member of the American Legion.
John was married to Juanita “Fanny” Huff on Dec. 22, 1956; she survives him along with their daughter, René Frye; son-in-law, Nelson Frye; and his grandchildren, Wesley Frye and Haley Frye.
He loved the water and the 30 years spent at his cabin on Lake Freeman. John was always ready for boating and riding his wave runner. He liked traveling in the United States. John’s most special love was for his family and his two grandchildren.
Private services will be held at Flanner and Buchanan-Zionsville. John will be laid to rest with Naval Honors at Zionsville Cemetery. Memorial contributions may be made to Zionsville United Methodist Church, PO Box 547, Zionsville, IN 46077 or to Hooverwood, 7001 Hoover Rd., Indianapolis, IN 46260.
- Laura J. Smith Laura Jane (Simpson) Smith, 93, of Zionsville, passed away at 7:45 a.m. Monday, July 28, 2014, at Visiting Nurse and Hospice Home in Fort Wayne.
Lewis L. Davis
Lewis Lee Davis, 77, of Zionsville, died at 10:35 a.m. Tuesday, July 15, 2014, at St. Vincent Hospital in Indianapolis.
- Donovan Oden Donovan C. Oden, 51, of Whitestown, passed away July 18, 2014.
- Robert C. Waite Robert C. Waite, 56, of Zionsville, went to be with the Lord on July 9, 2014.
- Judy Hill Nelson Judy Hill Nelson, 75, of Indianapolis, passed peacefully into heaven at 9 p.m. July 4, 2014, just as the fireworks she loved to watch from a distance were starting to go off.
Alan Paul Gribble passed peacefully at St. Vincent’s Hospice on July 5, 2014, after a long struggle with leukemia.
- Steven Smith Steven P. Smith, 48, of Indianapolis, died June 29, 2014.
- George Lintner George Walter Lintner Jr., 77, Zionsville, passed away July 5, 2014.
- Joseph Jones II Joseph E. Jones II, 65, of Zionsville, passed away on Monday, June 30, in his home.
- Joe T. Alonso Joe T. Alonso, (born Jose Antonio), 87, Zionsville, passed away on June 17, 2014, at the Hearth at Tudor Gardens.
- More Obituaries Headlines