John R. Rosenstihl, 80, of Zionsville died Tuesday morning, Feb. 5, 2013. John was born Sept. 18, 1932, to Robert and Mary Wood Rosenstihl. He graduated from Zionsville High School in1950. He was in the U.S. Navy during the Korean War serving on an L.S. 2 and was also a medical corpsman at the Navy Hospital in Bremerton, Washington.
John was a self-employed barber followed by a career of owning an antique and used furniture store.
He attended Zionsville United Methodist Church; was a 56 year member of Charles F. Frank Masonic Lodge; a member of the Scottish Rite, Valley of Indianapolis; and was a long time member of the American Legion.
John was married to Juanita “Fanny” Huff on Dec. 22, 1956; she survives him along with their daughter, René Frye; son-in-law, Nelson Frye; and his grandchildren, Wesley Frye and Haley Frye.
He loved the water and the 30 years spent at his cabin on Lake Freeman. John was always ready for boating and riding his wave runner. He liked traveling in the United States. John’s most special love was for his family and his two grandchildren.
Private services will be held at Flanner and Buchanan-Zionsville. John will be laid to rest with Naval Honors at Zionsville Cemetery. Memorial contributions may be made to Zionsville United Methodist Church, PO Box 547, Zionsville, IN 46077 or to Hooverwood, 7001 Hoover Rd., Indianapolis, IN 46260.
- Otis C. Burrus Otis C. Burrus, 89, of Zionsville, died Tuesday, Dec. 17, 2013.
- Philip R. Brua Philip R. Brua, 88, of Zionsville, passed peacefully Dec. 13, 2013.
- Denny C. Faulkner Denny C. Faulkner 80, of Zionsville, joined our heavenly Father Dec. 11, 2013.
- Eva Lear Eva Catherine (Vaughan) Lear, 87, passed away on Dec. 9, 2013, in her residence surrounded by the love of her family.
- John Reynold Paulsrud John Reynold Paulsrud, 72, died at his home in Zionsville on Nov. 21, 2013, surrounded by family, after a courageous seven-month battle with cancer.
- Bill Holmes William "Bill" Holmes, 75, of Whitestown, passed away on Sunday, Dec. 1, 2013, at St. Vincent Hospice in Indianapolis.
- Glenn van de Sandt Glenn van de Sandt, 89, Zionsville, passed away in his home on Friday, Nov. 29, 2013.
- Anne L. Miller Anne Louise Mills-Miller has gone on to be with the Lord on the evening of Nov. 25, 2013.
- Mary June Willey Mary June Willey, age 89, died Tuesday, Oct. 22, in Zionsville. She was the widow of Carroll Dean Willey. Mary was born Feb. 11, 1924, in Crothersville, to Dorothy (Hughes) and Floyd Baringer. She graduated from Shortridge High School in 1942. She an
- Gary W. Moore Gary W. Moore, 82, of Zionsville, died Oct. 16, 2013.
- More Obituaries Headlines