John R. Rosenstihl, 80, of Zionsville died Tuesday morning, Feb. 5, 2013. John was born Sept. 18, 1932, to Robert and Mary Wood Rosenstihl. He graduated from Zionsville High School in1950. He was in the U.S. Navy during the Korean War serving on an L.S. 2 and was also a medical corpsman at the Navy Hospital in Bremerton, Washington.
John was a self-employed barber followed by a career of owning an antique and used furniture store.
He attended Zionsville United Methodist Church; was a 56 year member of Charles F. Frank Masonic Lodge; a member of the Scottish Rite, Valley of Indianapolis; and was a long time member of the American Legion.
John was married to Juanita “Fanny” Huff on Dec. 22, 1956; she survives him along with their daughter, René Frye; son-in-law, Nelson Frye; and his grandchildren, Wesley Frye and Haley Frye.
He loved the water and the 30 years spent at his cabin on Lake Freeman. John was always ready for boating and riding his wave runner. He liked traveling in the United States. John’s most special love was for his family and his two grandchildren.
Private services will be held at Flanner and Buchanan-Zionsville. John will be laid to rest with Naval Honors at Zionsville Cemetery. Memorial contributions may be made to Zionsville United Methodist Church, PO Box 547, Zionsville, IN 46077 or to Hooverwood, 7001 Hoover Rd., Indianapolis, IN 46260.
- Daniel A. Parks Daniel Albert Parks died Thursday, Feb. 27, at St. Vincent Hospital in Indianapolis.
- Sadie M. Updike Sadie Marie Updike was stillborn at Witham Memorial Hospital in Lebanon on Thursday, Feb. 20, 2014. She is the daughter of Kenneth and Rachel Marie (Carter) Updike.
- Stephen D. Knapp Stephen Douglas Knapp, 58, of Paola, Kan., passed away on Friday, Jan. 10, 2014.
- Pamela Sue Humphreys Pamela Sue Humphreys, 44, of Zionsville, passed away Feb. 2, 2014.
- Scott Brown Scott David Brown, 39, of Indianapolis, passed away Feb. 6, 2014, surrounded by his family and friends.
- Chris Bassler Chris Bassler died peacefully on Friday, Jan. 31, surrounded by those she loved.
- Amy Pearce Amy Isenhower Pearce, 59, died Friday, Jan. 31, 2014, at her home in Zionsville, surrounded by her family.
Priscilla “Billie” Downey
Priscilla “Billie” Wheeler Downey, 96, of Zionsville, passed away Jan. 18, 2014.
Carrie Michelle Beard, 44, of Lebanon, died Friday, Jan. 17, 2014, at Indiana University Simon Cancer Center in Indianapolis.
Kathy Anne Ellis-Inman, of Zionsville, passed away on Jan. 8, 2014.
- More Obituaries Headlines