Mr. Cody Scott Richardson, 26, of Lebanon, died Monday, March 4, 2013, in Boone County.
Cody Scott Richardson was born on April 23, 1986, in Indianapolis, the son of Tony S. and Pam M. Richardson.
A life resident of Boone County and member of Lebanon Christian Church, Cody graduated from Lebanon High School with the class of 2004. He attended Ivy Tech and received his degree in fire science in 2006 and then he obtained his paramedics certificate in 2009.
In 2007, he began working part-time as a fireman for the Zionsville Volunteer Fire Department and, on Aug. 31, 2008, he was hired as a full-time firefighter. During his days off from the fire department, Cody farmed for Dave Chance.
He married Caroline M. (Wyatt) Richardson on Oct. 9, 2010, at the Lebanon Christian Church, and she survives.
He lived life to the fullest, spending time with his friends and family. Cody was an avid fitness fanatic. He trained with Crossfit 180 and had also trained and competed with Crossfit Indy North. Cody lived by his five “F”s in life: faith, family, firefighting, fitness, and farming.
Survivors include parents Tony and Pam Richardson of Lebanon; wife Caroline M. Richardson of Lebanon; paternal grandparents Steve and Charlotte Richardson of Lebanon; sister Laci J. Richardson of Lebanon; aunts and uncles Tim and Kim Richardson of Lebanon; Joe Richardson of Lebanon; Todd and Heather Richardson of Lebanon; Julie and Lynn Grinstead of Lebanon; Lori and Mark Keppel of Lebanon; and Brad and Melissa Schrock of Westfield, and many close cousins.
Cody was preceded in death by his maternal grandparents, Don and Jane Schrock, and his uncle, Brent Schrock.
Visitation will be from 2 to 8 p.m. Thursday, March 7, at the Lebanon Christian Church, 610 West County Road 250 North, Lebanon.
Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Friday, March 8, at the church with Pastor Lee Faust officiating.
Interment will follow at Oak Hill Cemetery in Lebanon.
Myers Mortuary in Lebanon is handling the arrangements.
Memorials may be made to the Zionsville Volunteer Fire Department, 1100 West Oak Street, P.O. Box 459, Zionsville, IN 46077.
Online condolences may be made at www.myersmortuary.com.
- Lewis L. Davis Lewis L. Davis, 77, of Zionsville, died at 10:35 a.m. Tuesday, July 15, 2014, at St. Vincent Hospital in Indianapolis.
- Donovan Oden Donovan C. Oden, 51, of Whitestown, passed away July 18, 2014.
- Robert C. Waite Robert C. Waite, 56, of Zionsville, went to be with the Lord on July 9, 2014.
- Judy Hill Nelson Judy Hill Nelson, 75, of Indianapolis, passed peacefully into heaven at 9 p.m. July 4, 2014, just as the fireworks she loved to watch from a distance were starting to go off.
Alan Paul Gribble passed peacefully at St. Vincent’s Hospice on July 5, 2014, after a long struggle with leukemia.
- Steven Smith Steven P. Smith, 48, of Indianapolis, died June 29, 2014.
- George Lintner George Walter Lintner Jr., 77, Zionsville, passed away July 5, 2014.
- Joseph Jones II Joseph E. Jones II, 65, of Zionsville, passed away on Monday, June 30, in his home.
- Joe T. Alonso Joe T. Alonso, (born Jose Antonio), 87, Zionsville, passed away on June 17, 2014, at the Hearth at Tudor Gardens.
- Julio Cesar Campins Sr. Julio Cesar Campins Sr., 82, of Zionsville, passed away June 16, 2014.
- More Obituaries Headlines