Mr. Cody Scott Richardson, 26, of Lebanon, died Monday, March 4, 2013, in Boone County.
Cody Scott Richardson was born on April 23, 1986, in Indianapolis, the son of Tony S. and Pam M. Richardson.
A life resident of Boone County and member of Lebanon Christian Church, Cody graduated from Lebanon High School with the class of 2004. He attended Ivy Tech and received his degree in fire science in 2006 and then he obtained his paramedics certificate in 2009.
In 2007, he began working part-time as a fireman for the Zionsville Volunteer Fire Department and, on Aug. 31, 2008, he was hired as a full-time firefighter. During his days off from the fire department, Cody farmed for Dave Chance.
He married Caroline M. (Wyatt) Richardson on Oct. 9, 2010, at the Lebanon Christian Church, and she survives.
He lived life to the fullest, spending time with his friends and family. Cody was an avid fitness fanatic. He trained with Crossfit 180 and had also trained and competed with Crossfit Indy North. Cody lived by his five “F”s in life: faith, family, firefighting, fitness, and farming.
Survivors include parents Tony and Pam Richardson of Lebanon; wife Caroline M. Richardson of Lebanon; paternal grandparents Steve and Charlotte Richardson of Lebanon; sister Laci J. Richardson of Lebanon; aunts and uncles Tim and Kim Richardson of Lebanon; Joe Richardson of Lebanon; Todd and Heather Richardson of Lebanon; Julie and Lynn Grinstead of Lebanon; Lori and Mark Keppel of Lebanon; and Brad and Melissa Schrock of Westfield, and many close cousins.
Cody was preceded in death by his maternal grandparents, Don and Jane Schrock, and his uncle, Brent Schrock.
Visitation will be from 2 to 8 p.m. Thursday, March 7, at the Lebanon Christian Church, 610 West County Road 250 North, Lebanon.
Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Friday, March 8, at the church with Pastor Lee Faust officiating.
Interment will follow at Oak Hill Cemetery in Lebanon.
Myers Mortuary in Lebanon is handling the arrangements.
Memorials may be made to the Zionsville Volunteer Fire Department, 1100 West Oak Street, P.O. Box 459, Zionsville, IN 46077.
Online condolences may be made at www.myersmortuary.com.
- Gail Meyerhoff Gail Meyerhoff, (nee Ricardi), 78, of Zionsville, passed away Thursday, April 3, 2014.
- Indianapolis Nora R. McDonnell Nora Rita Betchley McDonnell, aged 90, of Indianapolis, formerly of Alpharetta and Woodstock, Ga., passed away peacefully March 30, 2014. Rita was born Nov. 1, 1923, in Flushing, N,Y., to the now late Denis and Mary (Moriarity) Hannifin. After gradu
- Kent A. Morris Zionsville Kent A. Morris Kent A. Morris, 48, of Zionsville, passed away March 4, 2014, at St. Vincent Hospice. He was born in Indianapolis on April 11, 1965, to Glen A. and Lynda K. (Israel) Morris. Kent was a graduate of Ben Davis High School and
- Zionsville Robin L. Buckmaster Mr. Robin L. Buckmaster 61, of Zionsville passed away March 27, 2014. Robin is preceded in death by his father Lloyd S. Buckmaster, son Andy Buckmaster, brothers Charles L. Buckmaster and Jeffrey D. Knox. Robin is a lifelong resident of Zionsville in
- Lynn Oden Diantha Lynn Oden, of Zionsville, passed away at 8:28 a.m. on March 15, 2014, at Indiana University Simon Cancer Center.
- Mildred Applegate Mildred Applegate, 89, of Zionsville, passed away March 8, 2014.
- David Andrew Neel David Andrew Neel, 56, passed away on March 7, 2014, at his home in Zionsville.
- Daniel A. Parks Daniel Albert Parks died Thursday, Feb. 27, at St. Vincent Hospital in Indianapolis.
- Sadie M. Updike Sadie Marie Updike was stillborn at Witham Memorial Hospital in Lebanon on Thursday, Feb. 20, 2014. She is the daughter of Kenneth and Rachel Marie (Carter) Updike.
- Stephen D. Knapp Stephen Douglas Knapp, 58, of Paola, Kan., passed away on Friday, Jan. 10, 2014.
- More Obituaries Headlines