Free driving course for teens
The Boys and Girls Club of Zionsville is offering a free driving program for teens age 13 through 18.
The program, “UPS Road Code: Safe Driving for Teens,” will be from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 17, at the club, 1575 Mulberry St.
Training includes consequences of distracted driving, aggressive driving, at risk driving behaviors and more.
Teens will be able to practice safe driving skills on an interactive driving simulator.
Contact Glenn Sanford at firstname.lastname@example.org with the child’s name and age as well as the session number to register.
Additional training sessions will be posted throughout the year at www.bagcoz.org.
Gubernatorial Libertarian candidate Rupert Boneham will speak from 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. Thursday, Oct. 18, at Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Public Library, 250 N. Fifth St.
The program is sponsored by the Zionsville Rotary Club.
Meals on Wheels holds meeting
The Zionsville Branch of Boone County Meals on Wheels will hold its annual meeting from 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. Thursday, Oct. 18, at Zionsville Fellowship Church, 9090 Ind. 334.
All drivers and servers are urged to attend.
Sue Ritz, executive director of Boone County Senior Services, will speak about the services of BCSSI and their new office in Zionsville.
The meeting is open to the public. Refreshments will be served.
at the library
The Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Public Library, 250 N. Fifth St., can be reached at 873-3149 or visit www.zionsville.lib.in. for more information.
• Halloween Hullaballoo — 10 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 18, ages 3 through 6. Stop by to have a spooky time.
• Fall Break Movie: Secret of the Wings — 10 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. Friday, Oct. 19. Bring a cup with a lid and enjoy a movie, popcorn and lemonade.
• October Drop-in Craft — 10 a.m. to noon Saturday, Oct. 20. Stop by anytime during the two hours to complete and take home a seasonal craft.
• Fall Break Movie: The Lorax — 3:30 p.m. to 4:45 p.m. Monday, Oct. 22. Bring a cup with a lid and enjoy a movie, popcorn and lemonade.
• Friends Busy Bag Program — 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. Monday, Oct. 22, parents. Busy Bags are small, portable manipulative activities for a toddler and/or preschooler that aid in developing motor and literacy skills. Join the Friends of the Library for $10 per year and attend the workshop to make 12 different busy bags.
• Scaredy Squirrel Party — 4 p.m. to 4:45 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 23, grades first and second. Come and enjoy some of Scaredy Squirrel’s scavenger antics.
• Monster Rocks — 4:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 24, grades first through fifth. Choose a rock and put painting skills to work to make a monster rock.