- Trans-Siberian Orchestra rocks Christmas I had an opportunity to see Trans-Siberian Orchestra perform at Bankers Life Fieldhouse on Thursday, Dec. 12. I'd heard a couple TSO songs in the past and was vaguely familiar with them. But seeing a live performance was absolutely mind-blowing.
- Finding time to spread some happy Last week while in the grocery store after work, I happened upon a woman reaching for items on the top shelf of the yogurt case. She didn’t notice me there, and I was unable to pass due to her basket being in the way.
- Meth is big business for cleanup companies Donetta Held knows how strange the world of methamphetamine is. Along with her husband, Rick, she owns one of the top meth lab cleanup companies in Indiana. When she walks into a home once occupied by a meth cook, she has to assume it’s booby-trapped: Meth makers do weird things like pouring gasoline into light bulbs so if the cops bust in and flip a switch, the fixture will explode.
- Think green for those last minute gifts Just the week before Christmas and all through my mind, I’ve visions of green gifts. What will I find? Lower your angst. There is plenty of time to get great green gifts for most everyone on your list. Best of all, no need for a stressful shopping trip to the mall.
- Save me a place on the beach I don't know who struggles more when cold weather hits — me or my car.
- Lawmaker, constituent priorities may differ INDIANAPOLIS – Every year at about this time, Statehouse reporters like me ask lawmakers what their priorities will be for the coming year. The more interesting inquiry is made by the people at Ball State University’s Bowen Center for Public Affairs, because they ask Hoosiers what those lawmakers’ priorities should be.
- Doing the freak-out scramble Is it just me, or did shopping season get shorter?
- Tame tantrums by understanding root Temper tantrums — sometimes they give warning they are coming; others storm from out of nowhere.
- There arose such a clatter Clement Clarke Moore may have had reindeer on his mind when he sprang from his bed to see what was the matter. But the clamor today resonates to something not nearly as fun as eight tiny reindeer. The fuss is about an anti-nature ad that Toys“R”Us has created.
Fight on over same-sex marriage
INDIANAPOLIS - Oh, it's on. If there was any doubt that the coming fight over the same-sex marriage ban amendment in Indiana was going to be elevated to the national level, it's gone. On Tuesday, Nov. 26, Mary Cheney, the gay daughter of former Vice
- More Commentary Headlines