The Boone County Health Department, 116 W. Washington St., Lebanon, will host a flu clinic from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 7.
Adults can receive a flu vaccine for $20, a high dose flu vaccine for $30 or a pneumonia vaccine for $60.
Children can receive a flu vaccine for $10.
Payment options include cash, check, credit card or Medicare part B.
Visit www.boonecounty.in.gov/health for more information.
The Zionsville Optimist Club will meet at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 7, at Cobblestone Grill, 140 S. Main St.
Zionsville Police Chief Rob Knox will be the guest speaker.
Learn about the club and its activities that benefit the youth of Zionsville.
Prospective members are welcome to attend.
The Boone County Extension Homemakers will sponsor a holiday workshop at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 8, in the Farm Bureau Community Building at the Boone County Fairgrounds, 1300 E. County Road 100 South, Lebanon.
Speakers will demonstrate holiday ideas for decorating and gift giving.
Attendees will receive a booklet with various ideas and many holiday recipes.
Appetizers and snacks will be available at the end of the presentations for sampling.
Cost to attend is $3.
Call 765-482-0750 for more information.
Relay for Life call out meeting
Relay for Life of Zionsville will have two call-out meetings at The Goddard School, 1640 W. Oak St.
The first will be from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 8. Another meeting will be from 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 10.
The committee is looking for dedicated, passionate and accountable members of the community to join the planning committee for the 2013 Relay for Life, which will be held June 14 and 15 in Lions Park.
Contact Event Chair Denae Barnett at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.relayforlife.org/zionsvillein for more information.
The Zion Nature Center, 690 Beech St., can be reached at 873-8950 or visit www.zionnaturecenterfriends.org for more information.
• Birding from Indiana and beyond — 7 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 8, ages 15 and older. The nature center will host the Boone County Bluebird Society. Information about bluebirds will be available. Rob Ripma of the Nutty Birder will present birding from the Virgin Islands to California and beyond. A bluebird house will be given away as a door prize.
• Adaptations Abounding — 1 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 10. The Zion Nature Center will host ANIMALIA at the Zionsville Town Hall, 1100 W. Oak St. See the strange and amazing ways that animals have physically adapted to their environment to find food, protect themselves, hunt and attract a mate. Admission is a monetary donation or non-perishable food items for the Zionsville Food Pantry.
• Pumpkin Smashing — noon to 5 p.m. Sundays, Nov. 11, 18 and 25. Bring old pumpkins to smash and add to the compost pile.
• Wonderful World of Birds — 2 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 11, ages 7 and older. Join Rob Ripma for a program about the world of birds. Attendees will learn how to identify the common birds of Indiana, use binoculars and go on a bird walk near the nature center.
• Animal Adventures: Snakes — 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. Friday, Nov. 16, ages 3 through 6. Meet at the library for a fictional story then walk to the nature center to learn facts about snakes.
• Sleepy Snakes and Tired Turtles — 2 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 17. Learn what happens to some of Indiana’s reptiles in the winter and meet some of the reptiles face to face.