The Zion Nature Center offers the following upcoming events:
• “Hoo”sier Owls — 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 8, ages 5 and older. Learn about Indiana’s owls and what makes these birds of prey both masters of flight and supreme hunters. Make a unique owl ornament from natural materials.
• Utopia Wildlife — 2 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 9, in the Zionsville Town Hall Community Room, 1100 W. Oak St. Utopia Wildlife Rehabilitators will introduce attendees to several injured animals that can’t be released back into the wild.
• Nature Ornaments — 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturdays, Dec. 15 and 22, and noon to 5 p.m. Sundays, Dec. 2, 16 and 23. Create nature inspired holiday ornaments. Craft fees range from 50 cents to $3.
• “Frost-Free the Snowman” — 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 15, and noon to 5 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 16, ages 7 and older. Drop in to create a no-melt snowman using a gourd and other natural materials. Cost is $3, and all supplies are included.
• Holidays are for the birds — 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 22, and noon to 5 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 23. Create a winter treat for our feathered friends. Cost is $2.
The nature center, 690 Beech St., can be reached at 873-8950 or visit www.zionnaturecenterfriends.org for more information.
Community Bible Study will host a Visitor’s Day from 9:15 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. Thursday, Dec. 6, at Traders Point Christian Church, 6590 Indianapolis Road, Whitestown.
The focus of the study will be the books of Ephesians, The Wisdom of Solomon and James.
The class consists of 110 women from 20 different churches.
Contact Liz Simmons at email@example.com or 769-6142 for more information.
The Zionsville Extension Homemakers Club “Village Homemakers” will meet at 11 a.m. Thursday, Dec. 6.
The luncheon will be at Patrick’s Kitchen and Drinks, 175 S. Main St.
The previous meeting was at the home of Carolyn Abdallah. Food and craft items for the Holiday Bazaar booth were discussed.