Comeback falls short for Lady Eagles
The Hoosier Crossroads Conference opener for Zionsville has been quite a challenge for the girl’s basketball team in recent years.
- Lady Eagles get big win against Hamilton Heights Zionsville’s girls’ basketball team got hot from the three-point line to start the game and never cooled off Friday, Nov. 22, night against Hamilton Heights. The Eagles (2-1) won handily 65-48 over the Lady Huskies in a game that coach Andy Maguire said was one of the best he has seen in a while.
- Zionsville starts season off with tourney victory The Zionsville wrestling team started the 2013-14 season off on a high note Nov. 23. The Eagles went 5-0 and won the Super Duals at Western High School.
- Sports Briefs Girls swimming and diving The Zionsville girls swimming and diving team started the 2013-14 season off Tuesday, Nov. 19, at Noblesville. The Lady Eagles got off to a strong start, topping the Millers 107-79. Zionsville won 10 of the 12 events on the
- Aven signs to wrestle at Purdue Zionsville senior Jacob Aven accomplished a goal Tuesday, Nov. 19. That is when Aven officially signed his national letter of intent to wrestle at Purdue University.
- Cleveland headed south to swim at UT Zionsville senior Alex Cleveland will be heading to the SEC to start her collegiate swimming career. Cleveland had a signing ceremony Nov. 21 at the Zionsville pool to sign her national letter of intent to swim at the University of Tennessee.
- Tokarek chooses Evansville to continue baseball career Zionsville senior baseball player Travis Tokarek thought he wanted to go to college a little ways away from Zionsville. But after visiting the University of Evansville, Tokarek decided to stay in the Hoosier State. Tokarek signed his national letter of intent Friday, Nov. 22 in a signing ceremony with teammate Ben Kocher at Zionsville High School.
- Kocher signs with Belmont Ben Kocher has known for a while where he wanted to go play baseball in college. Friday, Nov. 22, he was able to make it official. Kocher had a signing ceremony with teammate Travis Tokarek at Zionsville High School, and signed his national letter of intent to play baseball at Belmont University in Nashville, Tenn.
- County showdown For the fourth-straight season Lebanon claimed supremacy in the Boone County girls basketball rivalry with Zionsville. The host Tigers raced out to a big lead and were able to hang on for a 52-42 win at Rosenstihl Gym Saturday, Nov. 16.
- Close-knit Eagles prepared for season The Zionsville boys basketball team is ready for the 2013-14 campaign. A good mixture of youth and experience will fill out an Eagles' roster that looks to improve on a 11-10 record a season ago.
- More Sports Headlines
- Comeback falls short for Lady Eagles