Zionsville gets redemption against Lebanon
Neither the Lebanon nor Zionsville tennis teams were going to pack it in easily in their sectional title match Friday evening, Oct. 4, in Lebanon.
But in a match that lasted more than 3 1/2 hours, Zionsville managed a 3-2 win to win the sectional title over Lebanon.
Runners have good showing at conference
The soggy conditions didn’t slow down the Zionsville cross country teams Saturday, Oct. 5, at the HCC meet held at Noblesville’s White River Elementary School.
Eagles golf makes history, wins regional
The fourth-ranked Zionsville girls golf team made history Saturday, Sept. 28, at Smock Golf Course in Indianapolis.
The Eagles shot a 309, the best the school has ever shot at Smock by 31 shots, and won the Roncalli Regional championship by two shots over second-ranked Carmel. The win advanced Zionsville to the state finals for the fourth-straight season.
Lady Eagle harriers look to make history
The Zionsville girls cross country team has never qualified for the state finals.
If the first half of the season is any indication, that is going to change very soon. The Lady Eagles are continuing to climb up the polls thanks to repeated strong finishes and are ranked fourth in the state.
Eagles too much for Harrison
The Zionsville football team used good, old-fashion smashmouth football Friday night in their HCC match-up with Harrison.
- Eagles offense sputters against Shamrocks The Westfield Shamrocks and Zionsville Eagles staged a defensive battle Friday night in Westfield in a steady, light drizzle. In the end the Shamrocks made a couple more big plays and held off the Eagles 10-7.
- Volleyball three-peats at own invitational After a tough-loss to Hamilton Southeastern earlier in the week, the Zionsville volleyball team was looking to bounce back when they hosted the Zionsville Invitational Sept. 14. The Eagles did just that, topping Logansport, West Lafayette and Cardinal Ritter to win the invitational for the third-straight season.
- Lady Eagles win crucial HCC match vs. HSE The Zionsville Lady Eagles soccer team had yet another week filled with some of the top competition in the state. The biggest of the two games was Wednesday, Sept. 11 when the third-ranked Eagles faced fourth-ranked Hamilton Southeastern in a crucial Hoosier Crossroads Conference battle.
- Eagles top Braves 3-1 It wasn't the most complete game the ninth-ranked Zionsville boys soccer team has played all season. But it was enough to top a solid Brebeuf team. The Eagles added two insurance goals in the final 10 minutes to top the Braves 3-1 on Sept. 12.
- Eagles' offense sputters in loss to Royals In recent years Hamilton Southeastern has had Zionsville’s number when it comes to football.|ZIONSVILLE – In recent years Hamilton Southeastern has had Zionsville’s number when it comes to football. The Royals came into Friday’s game at Class 5A No. 6 Zionsville with a seven game winning streak in the series, and five of those wins were b
- More Sports Headlines
- Zionsville gets redemption against Lebanon