- Eagles' Cleveland has strong showing at Junior Nationals GREENSBORO, N.C. -- Zionsville senior Alex Cleveland showed she could compete with some of the top girls in the nation Dec. 12 through 14 at the Speedo Junior Nationals Meet in Greensboro, N.C. Cleveland swam personal bests in all three of her events
- Bulldogs' defense too strong for Eagles First year Brownsburg coach Steve Lynch was known as a defensive-minded coach the last few seasons at Mount Vernon, leading his team to a 24-2 record and regional title last season while holding opponents to 42 points per game. Friday, Dec. 13, night at Zionsville got a look at what that defense can do, as the Bulldogs handed the Eagles a 42-39 defeat in the first Hoosier Crossroads Conference game of the season for Zionsville.
- Wrestlers place second at Invite Teams from all over the state came to Zionsville for the annual Eagle Wrestling Invite Saturday, Dec. 14. After a slow start in the morning, the Eagle wrestlers bounced back to place second with 159.5 points. Brownsburg won the team title with 170 points.
- Echeverria to lead Eagles' football team It didn't take long for the Zionsville football team to find a replacement for departed head coach Larry McWhorter. Pat Echeverria, who has been the head coach at Eastern Hancock High School the past three seasons, was officially approved by the school board Monday, Dec. 9.
- Eagles dominate Stars in season-opening win The Zionsville boys basketball team opened up their season a week and a half later than they expected to. But those watching their season-opening game against Western Boone wouldn’t have known it. The Eagles out-scored the Stars 16-4 in the second quarter and never looked back in a 60-48 win on Saturday, Dec. 7.
- Lady Eagles hold on against Jeff, beat Avon The Zionsville Lady Eagles saw their entire lead go away against Lafayette Jefferson late in the fourth quarter Wednesday, Dec. 4, night. But with the momentum against them, the Eagles turned to one of their senior leaders — and she delivered. Laurie King’s three-point play with 1:16 remaining broke a 40-all tie and the Eagles made the plays they needed to down the stretch, beating the Bronchos 49-41.
- Swimming teams sweep Brownsburg in dual meet The Zionsville swimming and diving teams swept Brownsburg Tuesday, Dec. 3, night in a Hoosier Crossroads Conference dual. The girls team won 135-51 and the boys team won 103-82.
- Wrestling team goes 3-1 at Shamrock Duals It wasn't a perfect day for the Zionsville wrestling team Saturday, Dec. 7 at the Shamrock Duals in Westfield. The Eagles went 3-1 on the day to finish third overall.
Comeback falls short for Lady Eagles
The Hoosier Crossroads Conference opener for Zionsville has been quite a challenge for the girl’s basketball team in recent years.
- Lady Eagles get big win against Hamilton Heights Zionsville’s girls’ basketball team got hot from the three-point line to start the game and never cooled off Friday, Nov. 22, night against Hamilton Heights. The Eagles (2-1) won handily 65-48 over the Lady Huskies in a game that coach Andy Maguire said was one of the best he has seen in a while.
- More Sports Headlines