Psi Iota Xi offers scholarship
Psi Iota Xi, a philanthropic sorority, is accepting applications for a $1,000 nonrenewable scholarship for a graduating high school senior from Zionsville who will be attending a four-year university.
The scholarship is open to students pursuing any field of study, but special consideration may be given to those who have chosen art, music or speech/hearing development.
Applications are available in the Zionsville High School Guidance Office.
Contact Laura Dunshee at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Congresswoman has local hours
U.S. Congresswoman Susan W. Brooks will have office hours in Zionsville from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month at Town Hall, 1100 W. Oak St.
Call 848-0201 for more information.
Library features events this month
The Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Public Library has planned the following programs:
• Warm up with a good book -- Now through Friday, Feb. 28, ages birth through grade five. Pick up a penguin themed reading log and bookmark. The first 200 children to complete their log will receive a plush penguin reading buddy.
• Animal Adventures: Woodpeckers -- 10 a.m. Friday, Jan. 17, ages 3-6. Meet at the library for story time fun, then walk to Zion Nature Center to meet and learn about the real thing. Dress appropriately for outdoors. Registration began Jan. 2.
• Parent and Child Chess Club -- 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Saturdays, Jan. 18 and 25, families. Kids and parents can spend time together learning the game of chess with the Yearling family.
• Read, Build and Play with DUPLOs -- 6:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. Mondays, Jan. 20 and Feb. 3, ages 3-6 with a parent. A program that combines reading and building with LEGO DUPLO bricks.
• Teddy Bear Sleepover -- 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 21, ages 1-2. Bring a Teddy bear to snuggle with during a special story time. Leave your bear at the library overnight and pick him up the next morning to see what fun he had.