• Theater Thursday — 9 a.m. Thursday, March 20, at Pavilion Cinema, 1600 N. Lebanon St., ages 60 and older. A breakfast snack will be served. “The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel” will begin screening at 9:30 a.m. Cost is $1.
• Van Trip — 9 a.m. Thursday, March 20, to Greenwood Park Mall. Attendees must call BCSSI to sign up prior to departure. Meet at BCSSI for departure; arrangements can be made for pickup at Anson. Transportation fees and meal costs are the responsibility of the attendee.
• Casino Trip Tuesday, March 25, to Horseshoe Casino. Cost is $35 per person and is due at registration. Register by Wednesday, March 12.
• Smart Driver Course — 12:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Wednesday, March 26, at BCSSI Lebanon office. The AARP Driver Safety course is the nation’s first and largest refresher course for drivers age 50 and older. The course is designed to update driving skills and knowledge of the rules of the road, learn about age-related physical changes and how to adjust your driving to compensate and reduce chances for traffic violations. Cost is $15 for AARP members and $20 for nonmembers. Attendees should bring their AARP card, drivers license and cash or check payable to AARP.
Boone County Senior Services, Inc., can be reached at 765-482-5220 or 873-8939. The organization has locations at 515 CrownPointe Dr., Lebanon, and 1100 W. Oak St.
Library features events this month
The Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Public Library has planned the following programs:
• Fish Kites 10:30 a.m. to noon Saturday, March 15, grades kindergarten through sixth. Using paper and other materials make a fish kite, which is traditionally used in Japan to celebrate Children’s Day.
• Spring Break Movie: Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 — 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday, March 31, ages 5-12. Popcorn and a movie to celebrate the first day of Spring Break. Bring a cup with a lid.
• Spring Break Movie: Frozen — 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Wednesday, April 2. Bring a cup with a lid to enjoy the movie, popcorn and lemonade.