• Parachute Play — 10 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. for children 3 to 6 and 4 p.m. to 4:45 p.m. for children 7 to 12, Friday, Jan. 23. Make waves, bounce balls in the air and get caught under the chute. Children 3 to 12 may enjoy this standard from gym class and get a little exercise too. Space is limited.
• Stitch’n at the Library — 4 to 5 p.m. Monday, Jan. 26. Knitters and crocheters 8 -12 may bring their own yarn and needles to the library for some stitching fun. Participants may use this monthly program to learn a new stitch, work on a project or show off a finished piece. Sessions will continue Feb. 23, March 23 and April 27. Space is limited.
• Readers’ Theater Club — 4 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 27, Feb. 24, March 24 and April 24, for ages 8 to 11. A great read-aloud activities and introduction to drama.
• Classic Movie: ‘The General,’ featuring Buster Keaton — 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 27, Lora Hussey Room. Don’t miss the hilarious antics of Buster Keaton in this silent 1927 film set during the Civil War. Live musical accompaniment will be provided by Roger Lippincott. A film discussion, moderated by film historian and preservationist Eric Grayson, will follow.
• Batter Up! — 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 29. Author Sue Corbett will discuss her book “Free Baseball,” a Young Hoosier Book Award finalist, with students in grades 3 to 5. Zionsville residents Tom and Ryan Price will be on hand to discuss their love of the sport, which is demonstrated by Tom’s extensive baseball card collection and Ryan’s work on the field as a member of the Zionsville Community High School baseball team. Space is limited. Pre-registration required.
• Junie B. Jones Book Discussion — 4 p.m. Monday, Feb. 2, for grades 1 to 3. Join Miss Laura as we watch Junie B. grow up through her stories. Bring a picture of yourself doing something and create your own memory book while sharing funny stories about growing up. Registration required.