• Widows’ Support Group: Noon, Thursday, Jan. 29, American Legion Hall, Lebanon; 9 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 5, Lebanon Denny’s.
• Eye Openers: A low vision support group, 1 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 4, BCSS Community Room.
Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Library events
The Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Public Library, 250 N. Fifth St., has several upcoming events. Registration is required for each children’s class and some adult programs. Call 873-3149 to register.
• Batter Up! — 4 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 29, grades 3 to 5. Get ready for baseball season. Meet with “Free Baseball” author Sue Corbett and Zionsville residents Tom and Ryan Price who will discuss their love of the sport, as well as Tom’s extensive baseball card collection and Ryan’s work on the Zionsville Community High School baseball team.
• Junie B. Jones Book Discussion — 4 p.m. Monday, Feb. 2, grades 1 to 3. Join Miss Laura and watch Junie B. grow up through her stories. Bring a picture of yourself doing something and create your own memory book while sharing funny stories about growing up.
• Paws to Read — 4 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 3, ages 6 to 10. Share a book with a furry four-legged friend from TheraPets of Indiana. Register for your 15 minutes.
• Get Inspired — 7 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 4, Computer Lab B. Get more out of the Internet with Inspire: Indiana’s Virtual Library. Participants will learn how to use this free Web site, which offers residents access to a suite of databases, including academic, business, health, magazines, science and more. Participants must know how to use a “mouse.”
• AARP Tax Aide — 1 to 4 p.m. Thursdays, Feb. 5 to April 9, Lora Hussey and Olive Hoffman rooms. Taxpayers age 60 and older, as well as low-and middle-income earners, may visit the library for free income tax help on a first-come, first-served basis. No reservations accepted. A list of required documents is available at the teen and adult reference desk or by calling 873-8341.