• Winter Search Party — 1 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, Feb. 14 and 15, ages 5 and up. The stillness of winter fools us into thinking that not much is happening in nature. Join us as we find out otherwise by exploring the Zion Nature Center Sanctuary and discovering nature’s hidden treasures. Free.
• Winter Woodpeckers — 1 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, Feb. 21 and 22. Many birds fly south seeking warmer weather for the winter, but not Indiana’s wonderful woodpeckers. Learn about these “hardheaded” birds and how to attract them to your yard during the winter. Make your own pinecone feeder to take home for $1.
• Animal Adventures: Woodpeckers — 1 to 2 p.m. Friday, Feb. 27, ages 3 to 6. Lean fact and fiction about woodpeckers. Meet at the library at 1 p.m. for storytime then walk to the Zion Nature Center to learn some interesting facts about woodpeckers.
• Miss Diane’s Puppet Show — 1 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 28, ages 2 and up. Enjoy this fun nature-themed puppet show about Peter Rabbit and his mischievous antics as he prepares for Spring. A presentation by Diane Breier and her puppet pals. Free.
Boone County Senior Services offers programs/activities.
• Tax Assistance: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. every Thursday through April 9, Boone County Senior Services, 515 Crown Pointe Drive, Lebanon, (765) 482-5220.
• Line dancing for beginners: 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. each Friday through March 27. Join the fun and exercise as you learn line dancing basics. The course is taught by Teresa Russell, licensed instructor. Both country and upbeat traditional music will be featured.
Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Library events
The Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Public Library, 250 N. Fifth St., has several upcoming events. Registration is required for each children’s class and some adult programs. Call 873-3149 to register.
•AARP Tax Aide — 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Thursdays now through April 9, Lora Hussey and Olive Hoffman rooms. Taxpayers age 60 and older, as well as low-and middle-income earners, may visit the library for free income tax help on a first-come, first-served basis. No reservations accepted. A list of required documents is available at the teen and adult reference desk or by calling 873-8341.