• Angelina Dancerina — 10 a.m. or 1 p.m. Friday, Feb. 13, for ages 3 to 6. Put on your tutus and ballet shoes, listen to Angelina Ballerina stories and dance the time away at the library.
• Melted Hearts — 10 a.m. for ages 3 to 6 and 1 p.m. for ages 7 to 12, Saturday, Feb. 14. Bring your yucky, old, broken crayons and we’ll turn them into a beautiful Valentine.
• Anime the Day Away — 1 to 4 p.m. Monday. Feb. 16, Lora Hussey Room. Teens may use their school holiday watching anime — Japanese animation — snacking and creating something that highlights popular anime characters.
• President’s Day Program: Abraham Lincoln Bicentennial Celebration Concert — 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Monday, Feb. 16, Lora Hussey Room. All ages may enjoy this concert featuring a selection of Lincoln’s favorite tunes, hymns and assorted Civil War ditties. Guitarist Robin Harrison and the fiddlers and singers of folk music, the Granny Squares, will perform. Registration is suggested.
• Readers’ and Writers’ Series: Indiana Author Susan Neville — 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 17, Lora Hussey Room. Adults. Author and Butler University English professor Susan Neville will discuss her latest book, “Sailing the Inland Sea,” which won the 2008 Best Book of Indiana Award. Neville will share her personal experiences writing the book that recounts conversations and visits with famous authors such as Kurt Vonnegut and Salman Rushdie.
• Paper Airplanes — 4 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 18, ages 8 to 12. Make some paper airplanes and see which will fly the farthest, the fastest and the fanciest.
• Knitting 101 — 4 p.m. Monday, Feb. 23, ages 8 to 12. Learn the art of knitting, including how to cast on, the knit stitch and how to bind off. Bring size 8 knitting needles. Yarn will be provided.
• The Well-Crafted Mystery with Author Terence Faherty — 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 24, Lora Hussey Room. Indianapolis author Terence Faherty will discuss the secrets to writing, marketing and publishing a mystery novel during this adult “Readers and Writers” series event.