• Miss Diane’s Puppet Show — 1 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 28, ages 2 and up. Enjoy this fun nature-themed puppet show about Peter Rabbit and his mischievous antics as he prepares for Spring. A presentation by Diane Breier and her puppet pals. Free.
Senior Services offers activities
• Line dancing for beginners: 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. each Friday through March 27. Join the fun and exercise as you learn line dancing basics. The course is taught by Teresa Russell, licensed instructor. Both country and upbeat traditional music will be featured.
• Tax Assistance: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. every Thursday through April 9, Boone County Senior Services, 515 Crown Pointe Drive, Lebanon, (765) 482-5220.
Meet state legislators
Local statehouse officials will be featured at a Legislative Breakfast from 7:30 a.m. to 9 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 21, in the Lora Hussey Room of the Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Public Library, 250 N. Fifth St.
Attendees may meet local state legislators and enjoy a continental breakfast during this free drop-in program. The following officials have been invited to attend: State Representatives Cindy Noe, District 87; Jeff Thompson, District 28; and Jacqueline Clements, District 38. State Senators Jim Buck, District 21, and Phil Boots, District 23. Participants must enter the library through the Fifth St. entrance for the event.
Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Library events
The Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Public Library, 250 N. Fifth St., has several upcoming events. Registration is required for each children’s class and some adult programs. Call 873-3149 to register.
• AARP Tax Aide — 1 to 4 p.m. Thursdays now through April 9, Lora Hussey and Olive Hoffman rooms. Taxpayers age 60 and older, as well as low-and middle-income earners, may visit the library for free income tax help on a first-come, first-served basis. No reservations accepted. A list of required documents is available at the teen and adult reference desk or by calling 873-8341.
• Paper Airplanes — 4 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 18, ages 8 to 12. Make some paper airplanes and see which will fly the farthest, the fastest and the fanciest.