• National Library Week Celebration — April 13 to 18. Visit the library every day this week to submit an entry for a prize basket full of international bestsellers and assorted treats. Patrons may submit one entry per day.
• Books Over Coffee — Noon to 1 p.m. Tuesday, April 14. Take a break, bring a sack lunch and join fellow book lovers to talk about favorite authors and their latest novels. This informal book discussion group meets the second Tuesday of each month. Coffee and treats are provided. Pre-registration is not required for this drop-in program. Sessions will continue May 12, June 9 and July 14.
• Seed Exchange — 6:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday, April 14. Planning a new family garden, but unsure how to begin? Families, with children ages 12 or younger, may learn the basics of gardening and score a few free seeds during this educational program. Participants are encouraged to bring flower and vegetable seeds to trade. A follow-up program will be held in the fall so families can show off their green thumbs. Registration begins April 3.
• Puff Painting — 4 p.m. Wednesday, April 15, for ages 7 to 12. Get creative at the library with some puff paint.
• Zionsville Celebrates Z’GreenFest — 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday, April 19. Stop by the library’s booth and enjoy fun, green, educational activities during the Third Annual Z’GreenFest on the grounds of Zion Nature Center.
• Teen Council Meeting — 7 p.m. to 8:15 p.m. Tuesday, April 21. Students in grades 6 to12 are invited to join the Teen Council at this monthly meeting. Members help plan teen programs, suggest materials for purchase, and give opinions on library issues. Call Teen Librarian Carrie Smith at 873-3149, ext. 12460 with questions and to register. Meetings will continue on the third Tuesday of each month.
• P.J.s and Poetry — 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, April 22. Students in grades K – 4 may celebrate National Poetry Month in their P.J.s. Participants will try their hand at writing poetry while listening to read-aloud prose. A craft will follow that requires students to bring a white pillow case to decorate.