• National Library Week Celebration — April 13 to 18. Visit the library every day this week to submit an entry for a prize basket full of international bestsellers and assorted treats. Patrons may submit one entry per day.
• Books Over Coffee — Noon to 1 p.m. Tuesday, April 14. Take a break, bring a sack lunch and join fellow book lovers to talk about favorite authors and their latest novels. This informal book discussion group meets the second Tuesday of each month. Coffee and treats are provided. Pre-registration is not required for this drop-in program. Sessions will continue May 12, June 9 and July 14.
• Seed Exchange — 6:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday, April 14. Planning a new family garden, but unsure how to begin? Families, with children ages 12 or younger, may learn the basics of gardening and score a few free seeds during this educational program. Participants are encouraged to bring flower and vegetable seeds to trade. A follow-up program will be held in the fall so families can show off their green thumbs. Registration begins April 3.
• Puff Painting — 4 p.m. Wednesday, April 15, for ages 7 to 12. Get creative at the library with some puff paint.
Programs upcoming at Zion Nature Center
The Zion Nature Center, 690 Beech St., will have several classes and events this month. Call the Nature Center at 873-8950 or visit www.zionnaturecenter.org for more information or to register for classes/camps.
• The Turtles are Awake — 1 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, April 4 and 5, all ages. The turtles are out of hibernation and ready for spring. Come meet our resident box turtles, learn some facts and observe their hungry appetites. Free, with optional turtle crafts.
• Closed for Easter — The Nature Center will be closed on Easter Sunday, April 12.
• Z’GreenFest — 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday, April 19, all ages. Celebrate Earth and Arbor Day at the third annual Z’GreenFest. Enjoy live music from “Island Breezes,” interactive activities for children, educational exhibitors, “Silly Safaris” with a live animal program, and food from Dellulo’s Italian Bistro. In case of rain, the event will take place in the Eagle Elementary gym. Free.