• “Ask the Attorney” legal assistance — 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. Monday, April 20.
Memorial Library events
• Teen Volunteer Corps Applications Available — Now to May 15. Applications will be accepted from students in grades 6 to 12 for the library’s Teen Volunteer Corps. Participants agree to work at least one, two-hour shift each week throughout the summer. Vacations, camps and summer school can all be worked around. Volunteers must attend a Teen Volunteer Corps training session May 15 or May 21. Applications are available at the reference desk and must be submitted by May 15.
• Puff Painting — 4 p.m. Wednesday, April 15, for ages 7 to 12. Get creative at the library with some puff paint.
• Zionsville Celebrates Z’GreenFest — 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday, April 19. Stop by the library’s booth and enjoy fun, green, educational activities during the Third Annual Z’GreenFest on the grounds of Zion Nature Center.
• Teen Council Meeting — 7 p.m. to 8:15 p.m. Tuesday, April 21. Students in grades 6 to12 are invited to join the Teen Council at this monthly meeting. Members help plan teen programs, suggest materials for purchase, and give opinions on library issues. Call Teen Librarian Carrie Smith at 873-3149, ext. 12460 with questions and to register. Meetings will continue on the third Tuesday of each month.
The Ottinger/Sprong Charitable Foundation now is accepting applications for its technical school training scholarship awards. Each year, awards are funded from “Andy’s Ride,” an event in memory of Andy Buckmaster who enjoyed motorcycling, off-road riding and custom painting.
Scholarships are offered to local students wishing to study a trade at a technical school. Call Candace at 769-5619 to apply.
Schools offers Kindergarten
Two remaining Zionsville elementary schools will have their annual Kindergarten “round-ups” to register children for fall 2009 Kindergarten classes. Children must be 5 years of age on or before Aug. 1, 2009 to attend Kindergarten. Students turning 5 during the month of August will be given an automatic waiver. Following is the registration schedule: