classes and groups
The following groups will meet during the month of April. Unless otherwise noted, all meetings are at Witham Health Services, 2505 N. Lebanon St., Lebanon. Call 765-485-8120 or visit www.witham.org for more information.
• Cancer Survivors Group — 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, April 29, Cancer Institute, Suite 100
Senior services offers trips and classes
The following are events and activities taking place at Boone County Senior Services, 515 Crown Pointe Drive, Lebanon. Call 765-482-5220, 873-8939, or e-mail email@example.com to register or for more information.
• Van Trips — 5 p.m. Thursday, April 30, Civic Theater, “Twentieth Century.”
• Exercise — 10 a.m. Wednesdays and Fridays in April, Senior Strength and Balance; 10 a.m. Thursdays in April, Sit and Stand Gentle Yoga. Both classes in Community Room.
• Beginners’ Line Dancing Class — 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. Friday, May 1; intermediate dancers can join from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. Cost is $6 per lesson; registration required.
• Senior Computer Classes — Enrollment is underway for April through June computer classes. Courses are four weeks long; registration is required. Contact the Boone County Learning Network at (765) 481-1250 for information and to enroll.
Memorial Library events
• Teen Volunteer Corps Applications Available — Now to May 15. Applications will be accepted from students in grades 6 to 12 for the library’s Teen Volunteer Corps. Participants agree to work at least one, two-hour shift each week throughout the summer. Vacations, camps and summer school can all be worked around. Volunteers must attend a Teen Volunteer Corps training session May 15 or May 21. Applications are available at the reference desk and must be submitted by May 15.
• Remembering Lincoln with Hoosier Author William Bartelt — 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Wednesday, April 29. Just in time for the bicentennial celebration of Abraham Lincoln’s birth, Indiana author William Bartelt will introduce his recently published book There I Grew Up: Remembering Abraham Lincoln’s Indiana Youth. The Newburgh resident and Indiana Historical Society trustee will address the historical significance of fabrications, exaggerations and misinterpretations about Lincoln.
- Community Calendar from August 20, 2014 Community Calendar from August 20, 2014
- Community Calendar from August 13, 2014 Community Calendar from August 13, 2014
- Community Calendar from Aug. 6, 2014 Community Calendar from Aug. 6, 2014
- Calendar for July 30, 2014
- Community Calendar from July 23, 2014 Community Calendar from July 23, 2014
- Community Calendar from July 16, 2014 Community Calendar from July 16, 2014
- Community Calendar from July 2, 2014 Community Calendar from July 2, 2014
- Community Calendar from June 25, 2014
- Community calendar from June 18, 2014 Community calendar from June 18, 2014
- Community calendar for June 11, 2014
- More Calendar Headlines