Zion Nature Center
The Zion Nature Center, 690 Beech St., will have several classes and events this month. Call the nature center at 873-8950 or visit www.zionnaturecenter.org for more information or to register for classes.
• Animal Adventures: Animals in Winter — 1 p.m. Friday, Nov. 21, ages 3 to 6. The librarians from the Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Public Library are the naturalists from the Zion Nature Center join to share stories and fun facts. Meet at the library at 1 p.m. for story time and then walk to the nature center to learn how animals survive the winter. Free. Register at 873-3149, Ext. 11600 or www.zionsville.lib.in.us.
• Wild about Turkeys —2 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, Nov. 22 and 23, all ages. Learn cool facts about wild turkeys and create a turkey craft to take home. Free.
• Nature Center closed — Friday and Saturday, No. 28 and 29.
• Nature Ornaments — Saturdays and Sundays, Dec. 6,7, 13 and 14. All ages. Get into the holiday spirit and create decorations for your tree using all natural materials. Craft fees vary.
The Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Public Library, 250 N. Fifth St., has a number of upcoming events. Registration is required for each children’s class and some adult programs. Call 873-3149 to register.
• Bone Appetit — 4 p.m. Monday, Nov. 24, ages 6 to 10. Make homemade doggy bones to give as holiday gifts to our TheraPets and take a few home for your pooch. Registration is required.
Enter the ‘Gingerbread Houses on Parade’ contest
Entries are being accepted at the SullivanMunce for the annual Museum Guild ‘Gingerbread on Parade’ contest. Design and create your own house, building or original design. All ages welcome. Entry forms are available at the museum, 225 W. Hawthorne St. or at www.sullivanmunce.org. Deadline for pre-registration is Wednesday, Nov. 26. Deliver creations to the museum on Thursday and Friday, Dec. 4 and 5. Judging will be on Saturday, Dec. 6. View the gingerbread houses between Saturday, Dec. 6, and Thursday, Dec. 18, at the museum.