• Dollhouse Tea Parties — 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Wednesday, Dec. 10 and Friday, Dec. 12. Bring a favorite doll or stuffed animal for a dollhouse-sized tea party. Come decorate a dollhouse-sized cookie and have a sip of tea. Ages 3 to 5 with an adult. Free admission; advanced registration requested.
Holiday concert livens the season
Jennifer Kirk, Jon Marque, Jan Aldridge-Clark and Dave Adkins will perform at a house concert from 6 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 7, at 950 W. Pine St. Music starts at 8 p.m. A donation of $15 for the musicians is requested. Bring an appetizer to share and any alcoholic beverage.
Seating is limited to 35 persons; reserve a seat by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call hosts Bill and Kim Stagg at 502-0508.
The Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Public Library, 250 N. Fifth St., has a number of upcoming events. Registration is required for each children’s class and some adult programs. Call 873-3149 to register.
• Hanukkah with Cantor Judith Meyersberg — 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday Dec. 7, Computer Lab B. Cantor Judith Meyersberg of the Bureau of Jewish Education will explain the historical significance of Hanukkah and how it is celebrated by Jewish families today. All ages are welcome and snacks will be served. Pre-registration is suggested.
• Do-it-yourself Presents — 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday, Dec. 8, Olive Huffman Room. Create handcrafted holiday gifts for friends, family or teachers. All materials will be provided for students in grades six through 12.
• Books over Coffee — noon to 1 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 9, Lora Hussey Program Room. Take a break, bring a sack lunch and join fellow book lovers to talk about favorite authors. Beverages and treats provided. Bring a friend.
• A Tall, Tall Tree — 4 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 10, ages 5 to 8. Join Miss Julie to hear tall tales and create edible tall, tall trees. Registration required.