• Travel Group — Dec. 2 through 6, to the Branson Holiday Show Extravaganza. Cost is $499 per person based on double occupancy. Single and triple occupancy prices are available. Cost includes round trip transportation; five days, four nights lodging; eight meals; and admission to seven Branson shows. Deposit of $75 is due at registration. Final payment due Sept. 26.
Boone County Senior Services, Inc., can be reached at 765-482-5220 or 873-8939. The organization has locations at 1100 W. Oak St. and 515 Crown Point Dr., Lebanon.
Events set at the library
The Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Public Library has planned the following events.
• Library Card Sign-up Month — now through Monday, Sept. 30. All ages may sign up for a Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Public Library Card and receive a free tote bag to fill with books, magazines, movies and music available for checkout at the library.
• Make Your Own Owl Book Covers — 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 25, teens. Use felt to create a custom owl to hold books or cell phones.
• Make Your Own Soda Pop — 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 25, grades fourth through fifth. Learn how to make soda pop from scratch.
• Book to Film Group — 6 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 25. This month’s title is Anna Karenina, a book by Leo Tolstoy and 2012 film starring Keira Knightley and Jude Law. Participants will discuss the book and movie during the program.
• Art Adventures: Bubble Art — 10:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. Friday, Sept. 27, ages 3 through 6. Explore bubble art painting. Create cards for the holidays with bubble blowing artistry.
• Game On — 3:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. Monday, Sept. 30, teens. Join in the teen area to make some noise with the Wii.
• United We Read Book Talk — 6:30 p.m. Monday, Sept. 30. Join in the discussion about the 2013 United We Read book selection, Mr. Penumbra’s 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan.
• Royalty Training — 3:30 p.m. to 4:15 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 9, ages 4 through 7. Learn how to dress and behave like a prince or princess. Learn to walk, eat, speak, and present yourself in a manner befitting royalty.