• PAWS to Read — 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 1, ages 7 through 12. Sign up for 15 minutes of one on one reading time with a therapy dog.
• Sweet Treats for Friends — 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 1, teens. Meet at the library for an evening of cooking without a stove or oven to create sweet treats using the microwave. Take a few treats home, and leave some at the library to help raise money for Friends of the Library.
• Advanced Ancestry.com — 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 1, adults. Certified genealogist Betty Warren will demonstrate advanced search techniques online with ancestry.com, including keyword searches to find databases, wildcard searches to sort out misspelled names, and searching without a surname.
• Storytime Registration — 8 a.m. Wednesdays, Oct. 2 and 9. Registration for Fall II Session of preschool storytimes begins at 8 a.m. Wednesday, Oct. 2, for cardholders. Registration for noncardholders begins at 8 a.m. Wednesday, Oct. 9.
• Babies in Jammies — 6:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 2, birth to 11 months. Babies and their parents will enjoy songs, rhymes, finger plays, action playing, a short book, and play time.
• Teen Council Anniversary Celebration — 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 2. Celebrate 15 years of teens taking charge of teen programs and help unveil the newly designed teen area.
• Intermediate Word — 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 2, adults. A free computer class for Microsoft Word 2010.
• It’s a Mystery Book Club — 7 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 3. Mystery Book Club readers have selected three titles to read. An Inquiry into Love and Death by Simone St. James, Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger, and Salem’s Lot by Stephen King have been selected. Come to discuss the books and enjoy light refreshments.
• Who’s in the Pumpkin Patch? — 9:45 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. Friday, Oct. 4, ages 1 and 2. Enjoy fall fun with stories, songs, and activities.