• Animal Adventures: Animal Homes — 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. Friday, Oct. 11, ages 3 through 6 with a parent. Naturalists from the Zion Nature Center will join librarians as they share knowledge about local animals through read-aloud stories, rhymes, activities, and a real animal meet and greet.
• Explorers 500: Camouflage — 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. Friday, Oct. 11, grades kindergarten through third with a parent. To expand on Animal Adventures, this new program will incorporate library and naturalist skills. Librarians and naturalists from the Zion Nature Center will share informational stories and hands on activities.
• K-Plus: Float — 4:30 p.m. to 5:15 p.m. Monday, Oct. 14, kindergarteners. Burn off some after school energy and explore floating with objects, words, art, and more.
• Teen Read Week: Writing and the Writing Life — 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 15. Spend an evening with YA novelist and executive director of the Indiana Writers Center about what it takes to be a writer and how to navigate the realities of a writer’s life.
• United We Read Program: Juicing 101 — 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 15, adults. Georgetown Market demonstrates juicing techniques with samples to taste.
• Introduction to Publisher — 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 16, adults. Free computer class introduction to Microsoft Publisher 2010.
The Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Public Library, 250 N. Fifth St., can be reached at 873-3149 or visit www.zionsville.lib.in for more information.
Girl Scouts to hold event
Girls and their families are invited to attend an event from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 26, at Noodles and Company at Traders Point, 5710 W. 86th St.
The event will allow girls to learn more about Girl Scouts, and each new girl to fill out an interest card will receive a free drink and dessert with a purchased meal. Members or alumnae of the Girl Scouts who are wearing Girl Scout apparel will receive a free drink with the purchase of a meal.