Aquatic Center announces winter/spring schedule
The Zionsville Aquatic Center, 1000 Mulberry St., has announced its winter/spring aquatic programming.
Private lessons, semi-private lessons, small group lessons, AquaFit classes, lifeguard classes, triathlon clinics and adult classes are some of the programs offered.
Visit www.zionsvilleeaglerec.com for class information and pricing.
Tickets on sale
for comedy show
Tickets are now on sale for Second City’s Laughing Matters, sponsored by Zionsville Band and Orchestra Patrons.
The show is at 7:30 p.m. Friday, Feb. 8, at the Zionsville Performing Arts Center, 1000 Mulberry St. The cost is $15 in advance, $20 at the door.
Tickets are available at Marsh Supermarket in Boone Village, at www.tix.com, or by calling 873-3355, ext. 12940.
at the library
The Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Public Library has planned the following events.
• Sight Word Bingo — 10:30 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. Thursday, Jan. 3, ages 4 through 7. Have fun playing Bingo and learn beginning words at the same time. Drop by for something to do during Winter Break. Popcorn and lemonade will be served.
• Snow and Snowmen — 10 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Monday, Jan. 7, ages 3 through 6. Open some books about famous snowmen and mark off the first 15 minutes of winter reading. Find out things to do with snow and learn facts about snow.
• Single Session Toddler Time — 9:45 a.m. to 10:15 a.m., ages 1 through 2. Walkers and talkers can come to the library to have fun with stories, songs, finger plays and more.
• It’s a popcorn party — 10 a.m. to 10:45 a.m. Friday, Jan. 11, ages 3 through 6. National Popcorn Day is Saturday, Jan. 19. Celebrate by reading books, playing some popping games, tasting different popcorn flavors and making some popcorn crafty treats.
• Read, Build, Play with DUPLOs: Grow, Caterpillar, Grow — 6:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. Monday, Jan. 14, ages 3 to 6 with an adult. The Read, Build, Play program is a one-of-a-kind experience that combines reading and building with LEGO DUPLO bricks. A Parent-Child interactive story and playtime.
• Draw Me a Picture — 4:30 p.m. to 5:15 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 15, for grades second through fifth. Celebrate the 75th anniversary of the Caldecott Medal, awarded annually to the artist of the most distinguished American picture book for children. Feel like an illustrator, as you listen to a story and then create an illustration that would help re-tell the story. Registration required.
• Animal Adventures: Owls — 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. Friday, Jan. 18, ages 3 to 6 with a parent. The librarians and the naturalists from the Zion Nature Center come together to share stories, activities and real animals. Meet at the library for a story or two, then put your coat on and walk over to the Nature Center to visit with the real animals who live there. No parking is available at the Nature Center.
• Safe Sitter Class — 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 19, ages 11 through 13. Cost $55. A course designed to teach babysitters how to be safe and nurturing caregivers and how to handle children’s emergencies. Bring a sack lunch.
• Lego Mania! — 10 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. for ages 3 to 6, or 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. for grades first through fifth, Monday, Jan. 21. Make a creation the library’s huge collection of Legos. Build alone, or work with a friend. Registration begins Thursday, Jan. 3.
• Tandem Read Book Club — 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Mondays, Jan. 21, Feb. 18, March 18, April 15 and May 20, ages 8 through 12 with an adult. Join the youth librarians for a new book club. Bring a dish for a pitch-in dinner to eat and discuss the book of the month.
• Percy Jackson: Adventures in being a Demigod — 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., Tuesday, Jan. 29, for tweens in grades fourth and fifth. Learn about Greek myths, gods, goddesses, demigods and monsters.Train for an epic battle at Camp Half-Blood and explore the world of Percy Jackson through crafts, theater and food. Registration begins Thursday, Jan. 3.
The Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Public Library, 250 N. Fifth St., can be reached at 873-3149 or visit www.zionsville.lib.in for more information.