TFBC offers free classes
Tobacco Free Boone County, 116 W. Washington St., Lebanon, will host free stop smoking classes Thursdays, Jan. 3, 10, 17, 24 and 31.
The classes will be from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Attendees will learn new coping skills and meet others trying to quit.
Call 765-482-3942 option 6 for more information.
Boys & Girls Club
to host Pacers
Boys & Girls ages 5 to 17 may participate in a two-day basketball clinic from 9 a.m. to noon Friday, Jan. 4, and Saturday, Jan. 5, at the club 1575 Mulberry St.
The participants will learn a variety of drills and competitions to make him or her a more complete basketball player. To register, visit www.pacerscamps.com.
Boys & Girls Club members to exhibit works of art
Aspiring artists who are members of the Boys & Girls Club of Zionsville will exhibit their artwork from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. Friday, Jan. 4, at Corner Vise Gallery & Frame Shop, 110 S. Main St.
Paintings on canvas and drawings with a variety of mediums will be on display. Parents and friends of club members are invited to attend. Refreshments will be served.
The Zion Nature Center offers the following upcoming events:
• Frost-Free the Snowman — 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 5, and noon to 5 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 6, ages 7 and older. Drop in any time to create a no-melt snowman using a gourd and other natural materials. Cost is $3.
• Box turtles: A Long Winter’s Nap — 2 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 13. Learn interesting facts about hibernation and box turtles. Meet some of the reptiles as they hibernate.
• Animal Adventures: Owls — 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. Friday, Jan. 18, ages 3 through 6. Meet at the library for a fictional story then walk to the nature center to learn facts about owls.
• Live Birds of Prey — 1 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 19, ages 6 and older. Mark Booth of Take Flight Wildlife Education and his birds of prey will be at the center. Get a close look at hawks, falcons and other birds of prey. The program is sponsored by the Friends of Zion Nature Center and will take place at Town Hall, 1100 W. Oak St.
• Cub Scout Workshop: Naturalist Badge — 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 24, Cub Scouts. Visit the center to fulfill five requirements needed to obtain the Weblos Naturalist badge. Scouts will learn about bird identification, bird flyways, poisonous plants, venomous reptiles and other animals. Registration is required.
• Wonderful World of Birds — 2 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 26, ages 7 and older. Join Rob Ripma for a program about the world of birds. In addition to exploring backyard birds, learn how to identify the common birds of Indiana and learn basic binocular skills.
• Hiking in a Winter Wonderland — 2 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 27. Enjoy a guided winter hike and cup of hot chocolate back at the center.
The nature center, 690 Beech St., can be reached at 873-8950 or visit www.zionnaturecenterfriends.org for more information.