Traders Point Christian Academy, 6600 Indianapolis Road, Whitestown, will have two Kindergarten Roundups at 8:45 a.m. and 6 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 30.
TPCA will also hold informational meetings at 6 p.m. Tuesdays, Feb. 5 and 12.
The Feb. 5 meeting is for any parent or student interested in attending TPCA for elementary school; Feb. 12 is for high school and middle school.
No pre-registration is required to attend, and no childcare is available. Facility tours will be offered. Call 769-2450 or visit www.tpcs.org for more information.
BCSSI sponsors events
Boone County Senior Services Inc., can be reached at 765-482-5220 or 873-8939. The organization has a location at 1100 W. Oak St. and 515 Crown Point Drive, Lebanon.
•Independent Consultation Computer Class — 10 a.m. to noon Wednesdays, Jan. 30 and Feb. 6, in the Narthex of Zionsville United Methodist Church, 9644 Whitestown Road. Cost is $20.
• Cards — 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesdays, Jan. 30 and Feb. 6, at the Boys and Girls Club of Zionsville, 1575 Mulberry St. Bridge and euchre will be played.
• Reception — 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 30. A reception for retiring executive director Sue Ritz and welcoming new executive director Anita Bowen. Refreshments will be catered by Country Garden Catering. This event is free and open to the public.
• Fun and Fit for Over Fifty — 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Thursdays, Jan. 31 and Feb. 7, at the Boys and Girls Club of Zionsville, 1575 Mulberry St.
• Art Class — 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Tuesdays, Feb. 5 and 12, at the Boys and Girls Club of Zionsville, 1575 Mulberry St. Cost is $5 per class. Instructor Shirley Luttrell will work with any level of student and any medium.
The Zionsville American Legion Post No. 79 is offering bingo at 6:30 p.m. every Thursday.
All are welcome. Bingo will be at the legion, 9950 E. County Road 600 South, Zionsville.
Tobacco Free Boone County, 116 W. Washington St., will host free stop smoking classes Thursday, Jan. 31.
The classes will be from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Attendees will learn new coping skills and meet others trying to quit.
Call 765-482-3942 option 6 for more information.
The Zionsville Woman’s Club will meet at 1 p.m. Friday, Feb. 1.
Friends of Library
sponsor book sale
The Friends of the Library Super Book Sale will be from Friday, Feb. 1, through Sunday, Feb. 3, at Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Public Library, 250 N. Fifth St.
A preview sale will be from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Friday, Feb. 1. Admission is $5 for adults and $2.50 for children ages 11 and younger.
The sale will continue from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 2, and 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 3. Admission is free. Bargain prices will begin at 3 p.m. Saturday and continue until the sale closes at 5 p.m. Sunday.
Shoppers may purchase a grocery bag full of books for $10 Saturday. The price is reduced to $5 on Sunday.
Proceeds from the sale benefit library programs for all ages.
Call 873-8340 or visit http://bit.ly/z7oBiL for more information.
meets Feb. 5
The Village Garden Club of Zionsville will meet at 10 a.m. Tuesday, Feb. 5, in the Mayfield Room at the Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Public Library, 250 N. Fifth St.
The speaker is Edie Dyer Wilson from Sullivan County. She is a Master Gardener with a radio talk show on gardening. Her backyard is certified as a backyard wildlife habitat and a monarch way station.
She will talk about the cycle of a monarch butterfly. Her presentation will including providing habitats for the monarch as well as recent research about the habitats of other species.
Anyone is welcome to attend the free program.
The Zion Nature Center offers the following upcoming events:
• American Kestrels — 1 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 2 at Zionsville Town Hall, 1100 W. Oak St.. See a live American Kestrel, North America’s smallest falcon, and learn why populations are declining. The Indiana Audubon Society is promoting a conservation initiative called “The American Kestrel Partnership” which promotes conservation of American Kestrel habitat and populations through citizen science.
• Wildlife outside your Windows — 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 7, ages 15 and older. Learn how to create an eco-friendly habitat that will attract beautiful songbirds, insects, amphibians, and other interesting wildlife for viewing from a home’s window. Program is free, but registration is required.
The nature center, 690 Beech St., can be reached at 873-8950 or visit www.zionnaturecenterfriends.org for more information.
at the library
The Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Public Library has planned the following events.
• PAWS to Read — 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 5, ages 6 to 11. Come and read aloud your favorite stories to a therapy dog. There are 15-minute time slots available.
• Safe-Sitter Class — 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 9, ages 11 to 13. Cost is $55. A course designed to teach babysitters how to be safe and nurturing caregivers, and how to handle children’s emergencies. Bring a sack lunch.
• Presidents’ Day Chess Tournament: All Levels — 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Monday, Feb. 18, ages 5 to 14. Cost is $15, $20 after Feb. 11. Register by emailing email@example.com.
• Animal Adventure: Animal Food — 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. Friday, Feb. 15, ages 3 through 6. Meet at the library for a story or two and walk over to the Zion Nature Center to visit the animals that live there.
The Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Public Library, 250 N. Fifth St., can be reached at 873-3149 or visit www.zionsville.lib.in. for more information.
Witham Health Services will host the following February community education classes. All classes are in the Denger Conference Room unless otherwise noted.
• Breastfeeding Education Class: 6 to 8 p.m., Monday, Feb. 4
• Childbirth Education/Newborn Care Class: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 19
• Congestive Heart Failure Management Classes: Call for individualized class.
• Diabetic SelftoManagement Class: Four week series begins from 7 to 9 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 5, in the Witham Health Services South Pavilion Learning Center. A physician referral is required for this class. Call for class fee information.
• Diabetes SelftoManagement Update Class: Call for individualized class.
Witham Health Services will host the following Feb. Support Group Meetings. All meetings are in the VIP Dining Room unless otherwise noted.
• Alzheimer’s Support Group – 2 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 21
• Cancer Survivors Support Group – 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 27, in the Witham Health Services South Pavilion, Suite 100.
• Diabetic SelftoManagement Support Group – 7 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 13
• Grief Support Gathering – 6 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 12
• Grief Support Gathering – 6 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 26
These classes and meetings allow support group members the opportunity to discuss with others the coping mechanisms and frustrations of living with these problems.
Call the Witham marketing department at 765-485-8120 or go online to www.witham.org for more information.
Women’s self defense
Women’s Self Defense Training course is available from Feb. 4 to March 25 for women in grades ninth through 12th.
The class meets from 8 p.m. to 9:15 p.m. Mondays in the Zionsville Middle School North Gymnasium, 900 Ford Road. The cost is $36.75.
The eight week course will assist in preparing college bound women with focus on personal protection and self-defense. Parents are encouraged to attend course sessions. Dress code is normal school clothing and shoes.
offers free program
The Boone County Child Advocacy Center will offer a free child sexual abuse prevention program for parents and adults who work with children.
The program will be from 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. Monday, Feb. 4, at Thorntown Public Library, 24 N. Market St., Thorntown.
The training is free due to a grant from the Community Foundation of Boone County.
Chaucie’s Place will work in conjunction with the center to present the program, which will teach adults how to prevent, recognize and react responsibly to child sexual abuse.
Call 759-8008 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Bluebird Society holds meeting
The Boone County Bluebird Society will hold its winter meeting at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 5, in the Boone REMC Community Room, 1207 Indianapolis Ave., Lebanon.
The society will discuss the upcoming bluebird nesting season, and how to make homemade suet mix for birds.
Bluebird information and nesting boxes will be available. Anyone interested in nature and attracting bluebirds are welcome to attend.
Email email@example.com or call Christy Frampton at 769-3416 for more information.
GOP schedules Lincoln dinner
The Boone County Republican Central Committee will hold its annual Lincoln Day Dinner Thursday, Feb. 14, at the Boone County 4-H Witham Pavilion, 1300 E. County Road 100 South.
Doors will open at 5:30 p.m., and dinner will be served at 6:30 p.m.
Indiana Lt. Gov. Sue Ellspermann will be the keynote speaker.
A gold table, which includes preferential seating for eight, is $500. A silver table, which includes preferential seating for eight, is $350. Open seating tickets are $35.
R.S.V.P. with checks to Boone County GOP Chairman Debbie Ottinger 1126 Barry Dr. Lebanon, IN 46052.
Call Ottinger at 765-978-0420, 765-482-7418 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
ZFD schedules ball
The Zionsville Fire Department’s Annual Firefighter’s Ball and Awards Banquet will be Saturday, Feb. 9, at the Caribbean Cove Hotel, 3850 DePauw Blvd., Indianapolis.
The event will feature a photo booth, wheel of prizes, Robert Goodman Jeweler’s Jewelry Raffle and Qtego’s bidding services and smart phone app for the silent auction. Pre-register a cell phone for easier text and smart phone bidding and to view the silent quction items at www.qtego.net/auc/zfd.
Tickets are $50. Reservations can be mailed to ZFD, PO Box 459, Zionsville, IN 46077, or call 873-5358.
Call 872-9790 to book a room at the hotel and use the code “Zionsville Fire Department” to receive a special room rate.
Habitat for Humanity will sponsor “Habitat builds the American Dream” at 6:30 p.m. Saturday, March 2, at Palomino Ballroom, 481 South County Road 1200 East.
The Wright Brothers will perform at the event.
Cost is $100 per couple, which includes dinner, wine and beer. Tickets must by purchased by Friday, Feb. 15.
Call Stacy at 937-2577 for tickets or more information.
Local state elected officials will be at a Legislative Breakfast and discuss legislative issues at 7:30 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 16, at the Witham Health Services, North Pavilion Community Room (enter building on north side), 2605 N. Lebanon St., Lebanon. The event is coordinated by the Boone County Chamber of Commerce and sponsored by Indiana Farm Bureau and Witham.
- Community calendar from Dec. 4, 2013 Community calendar from Dec. 4, 2013
Community Calendar from Nov. 27, 2013
Community Calendar from Nov. 27, 2013
- Community Calendar from Nov. 20. 2013
- Community calendar for Nov. 13, 2013
- Community calendar for Nov. 6, 2013
- Community Calendar from Oct. 30, 2013 Woman's Club to meet Friday The Zionsville Woman's Club will meet at 1 p.m. Friday, Nov. 1. Refer to the club yearbook for location. Changes to the by-laws will be voted on, so attendance is strongly encouraged by all active members to reach
- Community calendar for Oct. 23, 2013
- Community calendar for Oct. 16, 2013
Community Calendar for Oct. 9, 2013
Community Calendar for Oct. 9, 2013
- Community Calendar for Sept. 25, 2013
- More Calendar Headlines