Tri Kappa scholarships available
The Zionsville chapter of Tri Kappa has scholarship applications available at www.zionsvilletrikappa.com for current college students.
Mail completed applications to Teresa Dixon, 4351 Tally Ho Drive, Zionsville, IN 46077, by Monday, Feb. 25.
Concert benefits music education
Mark Wood, an original member of Trans-Siberian Orchestra, will perform at 7 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 13, at the Zionsville Performing Arts Center, 1000 Mulberry St.
Wood will be performing with students as part of the Electrify Your Strings! Turbow Tour.
The program is open to the public with all profits going to the schools’ music programs.
Events set at the library
The Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Public Library has planned the following events.
• Food for fines — now through Thursday, Feb. 28. Erase over due fines by donating a nonperishable food item for each dollar in overdue fines owed to the library. All items collected will be donated to the Zionsville Food Pantry.
• Pop n’ Rocks and Prizes — Now through Sunday, March 3, teens and college students. Pick up a challenge sheet from the reference desk and set personal reading goals. Complete the challenge and turn in the sheet by Sunday, March 3, to win one of four prize baskets.
• Pop into a book for prizes — Now through Sunday, March 3. Read anything and write it on a challenge sheet. Submit it by Sunday, March 3, to try to win a prize basket.
• AARP Tax-Aide — 11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. every Thursday from now through April 4.
• Game On — 3:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. Mondays, Feb. 18 and 25, teens and college students.
• Baby and Preschool Storytimes — March 11 through April 19. Registration begins at 8 a.m. Open registration begins at 8 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 14.
• SOAR Senior Book Talks — 2:30 p.m. Monday, Feb. 18, adults 55 and older. Join peers for a book discussion. Interested adults may drop by the large print area and join the conversation.
• Chocolate Ice Cream Taste Test — 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. Monday, Feb. 18, teens and college students. Learn what makes ice creams taste different and compare color, texture, taste and more.
• Tandem Read Book Club: Frindle — 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Monday, Feb. 18, ages 8 through 12. Bring a dish or appetizer for a pitch-in meal and discuss the book of the month.
• Single Session Toddler Time — 9:45 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 21, ages 1 through 2.
• Introduction to Excel — 10 a.m. to noon Thursday, Feb. 21, adults. Free computer class introduction to Microsoft Excel 2010.
• K-Plus: Celebrate Lincoln — 4:30 p.m. to 5:15 p.m., Thursday, Feb. 21, ages 5 and 6. Celebrate the life of Abraham Lincoln through crafts, songs and snacks.
• Pink Party — 11 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Friday, Feb. 22, ages 3 through 6. Put on a pink outfit and enjoy pink festivities.
• International Flair — 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 23. Join local residents and area friends in celebrating their diverse backgrounds and nationalities at the library’s International Fair.
• Dora the Explorer - An international story time — 10:30 a.m. to 11 a.m., Monday, Feb. 25, ages 3 through 6.
• Busy Bags — 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. Monday, Feb. 25, parents only. Join the Friends of the Library for $10 per year and attend our Busy Bag workshop to assemble 12 different busy bags for a child.
• Let’s Workout — 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 26, grades fourth through fifth.
• FAFSA Completion Night — 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 27, teens, college students and parents. Fill out the FAFSA form online. Families planning to attend should bring social security numbers, completed federal tax forms and W-2 forms of both the student and parents.
• A box storytime — 10 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 28, ages 3 through 6.
The Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Public Library, 250 N. Fifth St., can be reached at 873-3149 or visit www.zionsville.lib.in for more information.