• Game On — 3:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. Mondays, Aug. 19 and 26, teens. Join in the teen area to make some noise with the Wii and Xbox Kinect.
• Take it Apart Party — 4 p.m. to 4:45 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 20, grades first through fifth with an adult. Bring in old electronics and basic tools for a destruction party.
• Baby and Preschool Storytimes: Fall 2013 — HMMPL cardholder registration begins at 8 a.m. Wednesday, Aug. 21. Open registration begins at 8 a.m. Wednesday, Aug. 28.
• Association of International Women Meet and Greet — 10 a.m. to noon Thursday, Aug. 22, adult women. Women of all nationalities are welcome to meet at the library for a tour and meet and greet.
• Family and Friends CPR — 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 22, adults. Cost is $20. Invite family and friends to participate in a basic, noncertification CPR course at the library. Participants will learn basic CPR and choking rescue for infants and children. Minimum of 10 participants. Registration and payment are required.
• Library Closed — Friday, Aug. 23. The library will be closed for a staff training event. Regular hours will resume at 9:30 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 24.
The Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Public Library, 250 N. Fifth St., can be reached at 873-3149, or visit www.zionsville.lib.in for more information.
Fitness studio hosts competition
Heckers' Fitness, 7635 Stonegate Dr., is sponsoring a "Heckathlon," which will benefit local public safety agencies. The dates of participation are Aug. 23, 24 and 25. The competition is designed to be a team competition with 10 events. All proceeds will be donated to a participating public safety department. Half of the proceeds will be donated to the Zionsville Police Department, and the winning team will decide where the remaining proceeds should be donated. All participants will receive a T-shirt, 20 percent off accessories and 10 percent off bikes at Matthews Bike Shop, and free exercise instruction. Instruction will be Saturday, Aug. 17. Visit www.heckersfitness.com and click on the Heckathlon tab for more information.