Events set at the library
The Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Public Library has planned the following events:
• Volunteer for the Holiday Stroll — Now through Friday, Nov. 30. Registrations are being accepted to volunteer for the annual Holiday Stroll.
• Teen Trivia — Now through Friday, Nov. 30, teens. Grab a sheet and name the title and author of the book a movie was based on and win a prize basket.
• Our Heroes’ Tree — Now through Sunday, Dec. 23. The library will partner with the Indiana State Library to present Our Heroes’ Tree. Zionsville residents may drop by the Youth Services Department and create an ornament honoring a service member.
• Hope for Heroes — Now through Sunday, Dec. 16. The library will accept winter wear and personal care items for homeless veterans in conjunction with the Hope for Heroes program.
• Chess Club — 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., Wednesday, Nov. 28, grades preschool through high school. A chess club for any level of player.
• K-Plus — 4:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. Thursdays, Nov. 29 and Dec. 20, ages 5 through 6. This program supplements school instruction by engaging children through stories, music, art and other activities.
• Jamming in Jammies with Ms. Kelli from Little Nightingales Music Together — 7 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 29, ages birth through kindergarten. Punt on jammies and sing, wiggle and groove with Ms. Kelli from Little Nightingales Music Together.
• Toes, Knees, Elbow, Nose — 10 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Friday, Nov. 30, ages 3 through 6. Head to the library for a mixed up body storytime.
• 2012 Holiday Stroll “Treasure the Holidays” — 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 1. Bring children to the library on the free Christmas in the Village trolley to see holiday tree displays, make crafts and hear live music. Magician Don Miller will also perform.
• Holiday Cabaret on Strings — Making their fourth holiday visit to the library Saturday, Dec. 1. for a one-day-only, free holiday Melchior Marionettes show during the Holiday Stroll. Performances of this puppet show will be presented at 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. The Melchior family of puppeteers, also known for their Brown County productions at Peewinkle’s Puppet Studio, will perform. Seating is limited, registration is required.
• Sugar Plum Fairy Ballet — 10 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. and 11 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Monday, Dec. 3, ages 3 through 6. Learn ballet steps with a dance inspired by the Nutcracker’s Sugar Plum Fairy music and story. Provided by the Indy Dance Academy.
• Hip Hoppin’ Holiday — 4:30 p.m. to 5 p.m., Monday, Dec. 3, grades kindergarten through fifth. Dancers will focus on body isolations and conditioning and learn a high-energy dance to a holiday tune.
• PAWS to Read — 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 4, grades first through fifth. Share a story with a therapy dog.
• Hobbit Adventures for Children — 4:30 p.m. to 5:15 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 6, grades first through fifth. Celebrate the J.R.R. Tolkien classic. Meet a hobbit who will share the journey of Bilbo Baggins, make a Hobbitish accessory to wear and celebrate Hobbit style with food, fun and music. Dress as an elf, dwarf, hobbit or dragon Smaug.
• Holiday Readers Theater — 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. Monday, Dec. 10, ages 8 through 11. Join in reading some holiday related scripts.
• Gifts from the Kitchen — 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Monday, Dec. 10, grades first through fifth. Join the ladies from Your Gourmet Girlfriends for a night of creating gifts from the kitchen for your friends and family. Test cooking and tasting skills and take home the recipes for extended holiday fun.
• Mrs. Claus and the Musical Elves — 4:30 p.m. to 5:15 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 13, families with children ages 3 and older. Join Laugh’n Laura, Kazoo’n Kelli, Jolly Jessica, Jumpin’ Julie and Jazzin Papa Matt for a time of singing, stories and games. Following the program, meet Candy Carry’n Mrs. Claus for pictures and a hug.
• Saturday morning Chess Club — 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Saturdays, Dec. 8, 15, 22 and 29, for children ages preschool through high school. Join Paul Yearling every Saturday to play chess whether you are an advanced player or just starting out.
• Milk and Cookies Storytime — 10 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. or 1:30 p.m. to 2 p.m. Monday, Dec. 17, ages 3 through 6. Cozy up with stories, songs and games and enjoy a treat at the end.
• Velveteen Rabbit Read-aloud — 4 p.m. to 4:45 p.m. Monday, Dec. 17, ages 2 and older. Miss Kelli will be reading the classic, “The Velveteen Rabbit” by Marjorie Williams Bianco.
• Single Session Toddler Time — 9:45 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. Thursday, Dec. 20, ages 1 through 2. Walkers and talkers can come to the library to hear stories and sing songs.
• Tandem Read Book Club — 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Mondays, Jan. 21, Feb. 18, March 18, April 15 and May 20, ages 8 through 12 with an adult. Join the Youth librarians for a new book club. Bring a dish for a pitch-in dinner to eat and discuss the book of the month.
The Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Public Library, 250 N. Fifth St., can be reached at 873-3149 or visit www.zionsville.lib.in. for more information.
Events set at the library
- Calendar for July 30, 2014
- Community Calendar from July 23, 2014 Community Calendar from July 23, 2014
- Community Calendar from July 16, 2014 Community Calendar from July 16, 2014
- Community Calendar from July 2, 2014 Community Calendar from July 2, 2014
- Community Calendar from June 25, 2014
- Community calendar from June 18, 2014 Community calendar from June 18, 2014
- Community calendar for June 11, 2014
- Community Calendar from June 4, 2014 Community Calendar from June 4, 2014
- Community Calendar from May 28, 2014 Community Calendar from May 28, 2014
- Community Calendar from May 21, 2014 Community Calendar from May 21, 2014
- More Calendar Headlines